• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Root your OnePlus 6T without loosing your Data (Android 10)

Search This thread

raj1994patel

Nov 10, 2013
Pre-requisite :
1.Unlocked Bootloader
2. Backup your data (Just in case you brick your device)
3. Download twrp.img and copy it into your computer.
4. Download and Copy flashable TWRP and Magisk zip into your device.

Steps:

1. Go to the twrp.img file location into your computer. "cmd" in path directory bar and hit "enter".
2. Reboot your device into fastboot mode and connect to your computer
3. Enter following command : fastboot devices (You can see your device listed over there)
4. Enter another command : fastboot boot twrp.img (Wait for a while and your device will boot into twrp)
5. Now flash the twrp flashable zip and reboot your device.
6. Now install magisk.zip to gain a root access.

Download all the files from : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HTmBLWiAwrXzdjipsKu69VfWJcjaWAFC?usp=sharing

Reactions: veiron144lww

veiron144lww

Jun 25, 2013
damascus
This is super! I can confirm it's working, but it broke the wifi and camera.. how did you do it without breaking them?
I'll download oos 10.3 zip and try again.

Update, nevermind, seemingly twrp is struggling with it's things.. maybe it is encryption, tho i seem to be un encrypted, not sure..

Anyway root was achieved for me with the magisk image modding method.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pre-requisite :
    1.Unlocked Bootloader
    2. Backup your data (Just in case you brick your device)
    3. Download twrp.img and copy it into your computer.
    4. Download and Copy flashable TWRP and Magisk zip into your device.

Steps:

1. Go to the twrp.img file location into your computer. "cmd" in path directory bar and hit "enter".
    2. Reboot your device into fastboot mode and connect to your computer
    3. Enter following command : fastboot devices (You can see your device listed over there)
    4. Enter another command : fastboot boot twrp.img (Wait for a while and your device will boot into twrp)
    5. Now flash the twrp flashable zip and reboot your device.
    6. Now install magisk.zip to gain a root access.

Download all the files from : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HTmBLWiAwrXzdjipsKu69VfWJcjaWAFC?usp=sharing