Root zte n817 wellinton

Search This thread

leetree2001

Apr 8, 2013
houston
This is not mine,I just searched found,and try a LOT of things. But this is the onlything that worked....

Step 1: DOWNLOAD

ADB Drivers - http://adbdriver.com/

ADB Shell (guide and download) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118

kingo root - https://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

Step 2: Command Prompt with ADB

run the CMD with admistrator privileges and use the following commands -

adb devices

[hit enter]

adb reboot disemmcwp

[Your device will now reboot with some extra write permissions]

install and run KINGO ROOT! (Yes, it's kingO root, not King) on your pc.

SHAABAAMMMM!!!!

Now we need a custom recovery for it!

PS: o/! Dont try link2sd , because it #$&*#&(*@^*$ your apks, and you can't find it in the 2nd partition.

Thanks fcknstar!:good:

GraphMatix

Mar 19, 2014
LG K10
This worked for me on QLink ZTE N817 Wellington Android 4.4.4 MSM8610, thanks leetree2001 and fcknstar.
Did you follow @leetree2001 post?

Using kingoroot? With adb?
Now others are saying TWRP is available.
I search with no luck.
I am also on Qlink ZTE N817 Wellington Android 4.4.4
SW = N817V1.0.0B10

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-11-02-17-541_2.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-11-02-17-541_2.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 116

EqUalIzEr42

Mar 26, 2016
Yes LeeTree's guide worked for me.

Did you follow @leetree2001 post?

Using kingoroot? With adb?
Now others are saying TWRP is available.
I search with no luck.
I am also on Qlink ZTE N817 Wellington Android 4.4.4
SW = N817V1.0.0B10

Yes, I followed @leetree2001's post, this worked for me. But then I tried flashing the latest TWRP with TWRP Manager and I broke my phone. After flashing I did factory data reset, and the phone then restarted to go to recovery, and now my recovery is a blank white screen. I can get into QDLoader Mode, FTM Mode, Download Mode, Sahara Download Mode, and EDL Mode, but no recovery. So basically I have a Soft Bricked device now. I have found the stock Firmware file, but it is missing the prog_emmc_firehose_8610.mbn file needed for QPST. If anyone has any help regarding this problem, I would be greatly appreciated. Also to note, I have another one of the same phone, that the ROOT mentioned above worked on, but then I factory reset. Now the phone is in a half rooted state, it had the Kingo SuperUser apk in the system/apps folder. It would stay in my notifications all of the time, and I could not get rid of it. Now the KingoRoot, nor any other rooting app will work, because superuser has taken control. So it is in a half rooted mode, I cannot unroot using KingoRoot either, because no root apps detect it as being rooted.

Anon?mous_V1RU5

Feb 28, 2018
Removing Files

I have rooted this device and than made sure to see if it was actually rooted by going to another rooting apk to see the status of root.. When I had done that by accident from fast fingers lol I had re rooted the phone when it was already rooted and it un rooted by accidentally re rooting.. Ever since than I have not been able to get it rooted again... I'm not that pro into rooting knowledge so "I have a question to ask"... After that has been done, is there any files/folders that it had left that is preventing me from a successful root? If so what is the files/folders and their destination so I can get rid of them.. I just dont want to delete something that didnt need to be deleted.. Thanks for any help.

Top Liked Posts