Root_Method_Rev_B/11_Bootloader_Using_Combo_Firmware

Search This thread

Seetzo

Aug 21, 2022
You won’t have stock recovery. Stock recovery is replaced with safestrap
No stock or Safestrap just the rom after flashing. You don't have recovery is what im trying to say after you flash your rom for either vwz or tmb. But i'm guessing it's best just to have flashfire since it does the same thing as trwp right

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
No stock or Safestrap just the rom after flashing. You don't have recovery is what im trying to say after you flash your rom for either vwz or tmb. But i'm guessing it's best just to have flashfire since it does the same thing as trwp right
You have telegram. Hit me up there if you do @jrkruse

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
you can try flashing this in odin and see if that makes safestrap work when you hold buttons too boot too stock recovery

Attachments

• recovery.img.tar
    14.6 MB · Views: 60

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Posted new files and I encourage everyone on this root too read post 1 and reroot which will repartition your phone to make the s7 and s7 edge have same partition layouts which makes things way easier I also Added custom stock rom to post 2. My old echo rom I redid to work on these bootloaders and firmware

Jwilliams85

Dec 17, 2021
i have a g935v completely stock with rev 11 bootloader that i picked up for $25 and wanted to root, is it still possible? if so can someone provide me the files i need to do so? its been a while since ive done anything like this

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
i have a g935v completely stock with rev 11 bootloader that i picked up for $25 and wanted to root, is it still possible? if so can someone provide me the files i need to do so? its been a while since ive done anything like this
the files are in the OP as well as link to s7 flat files

Nov 19, 2022
Google Pixel 7
not unless an rooted eng boot.img is released for rev11/B like it was released for previous versions. With phone being so old I doubt we will see one ever
Excuse the noob-ish questions but does this also mean safestrap wouldnt be possible on 8 for 11/b?

Kinda a different thing but I've tried flashing the recovery img from the combo firmware and it booted to android but just normal recovery mode.

Just wanna be able to ask some questions to someone who has done some stuff with the phone I have/at least know a good bit about it

TL;DR: safestrap on 11/b on a8 possible with that being so? If yes how?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Excuse the noob-ish questions but does this also mean safestrap wouldnt be possible on 8 for 11/b?

Kinda a different thing but I've tried flashing the recovery img from the combo firmware and it booted to android but just normal recovery mode.

Just wanna be able to ask some questions to someone who has done some stuff with the phone I have/at least know a good bit about it

TL;DR: safestrap on 11/b on a8 possible with that being so? If yes how?
Safestrap is included on rev11/b you will have safestrap recovery when you follow the directions in op and you will have it on the couple roms that are available for it. Safestrap also works on android 8 roms fr bit10/A and lower and nougat roms as well if you still have rev4 bootloader.

waluiggi

Jan 16, 2022
Safestrap is included on rev11/b you will have safestrap recovery when you follow the directions in op and you will have it on the couple roms that are available for it. Safestrap also works on android 8 roms fr bit10/A and lower and nougat roms as well if you still have rev4 bootloader.
hey, i would like to create my custom rom, compiling lineageos, can i do it by myself?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a root method for the s7 and s7 edge on bootloader 11 (B) phones using the combination firmware. I really dont think it will do much but I will post it and maybe someone will do something with it
    Downloads

COMBINATION_VZW_FA60_G935PUCUBATA1_REV-11-B_01-13-23.tar.7z

Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.7z

S7 Files Found Here

Instructions
    This will repartition phone to be like Verizon S7 flat models and Verizon S7 edge models to make things more uniform. This will not affect the phone. If you have done this method before 10-31-22 and currently are on safestrap you need to redo the process from step 1 to partition the phone correctly.

1. Download and unzip COMBINATION_VZW_FA60_G935PUCUBATA1_REV-11-B_*-*-*.tar.7z.
    Inside is a HERO2QLTE_USA_VZW.pit. Load this pit file in the Pit Tab in Odin and the COMBINATION_VZW_FA60_G935PUCUBATA1_REV-11-B_*-*-*.tar.mds in the BL slot in Odin. Under the options tab in Odin select nana erase and make sure repartition is check and then flash

2. Phone will reboot twice when done and on second reboot you wipe data and then reboot. Once phone is booted you will have a limited combo rom you just need to copy rom from post 2 too phone and reboot too safestrap. You can do this by using the reboot app and click reboot recovery or by manually rebooting too recovery from powered off phone hold power up + volume up + home button till phone boots and you see recovery rebooting. The other apps are not needed unless for some reason safestrap doesnt work then Flashfire is included to do the flashing

3. Proceed to Post 2

Credits
    klabit87 - Basically Everything
    GSMCHEN - The root method
    elliwigy -The root method
    afaneh92 -Safestrap and too much too mention
    I guess it might be useful for mods and servicing.
    I just checked all my sources for a true eng boot for "B/11", but still nothing out there.
    At least one can flash a combi unlike on all newer models which lock that down too.
    I'm still rockin' my old S7 after all these years, it's rooted on "A/10" and works just fine for what I need it for (basic stuff). lol
    yes this method doesnt gain you much but figured I would post it. I held off a long time because I figured an eng boot for rev 11 would show up but since none of this stuff is needed anymore to carrier unlock phones these eng firmware's and files dont get leaked like they did in the past
    S7 edge combination

S7 combination
    This doesn't unlock the bootloader, does it? I have my old VZW S7 A bootloader, flashed the U firmware and rooted. But it has gotten incredibly unstable over time. Can I update to the B firmware and use this root method? What would be the benefit of doing so
    I wouldnt you can still root A bootloader on oreo but B you cannot only the combo firmware
    I really dont think it will do much but I will post it and maybe someone will do something with it
    Right you are. I recently acquired a S7 in pristine condition and unfortunately also from Verizon. It was already on binary aka bit 11. However it had been previously reset and a certain three letter word we can't mention here, was tripped and the phone was unusable unless the proper email was synced to it. So to remove this protection, one has to further "erase" the devices protected data. This whole method works like a charm for root and it also wiped that data when a new system image was flashed. I was able to log in and use the device as normal.