[Rootable Kernel SXZ3+ IVY/IVY_DSDS Marshsmellow ] [32.1.A.1.163]

Search This thread
M

moonbutt74

Okay here we go,

Thanks @pikeylfc for testing. :good:

Rootable Permissive Verity/RIC disabled.

Marvelous Super-Huge Thanks to
@AndroPlus for his kernel source
and helping me out with the kernel.elf situation.

This is in line with AndroPlus's sources at the time I cloned and compiled originally 9th March 2016 for the Z5 premium.
The kernel souce is the same for this device, the kernel was compiled last night.

Download
sxz3plus_ivy_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img

It seems the dsds model may not be unlockable :confused: at least in one instance so far.
I'm going to leave this image in place however.
sxz3plus_ivy_dsds_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img

This is for Marshsmellow, it's not rocket-science.
flash by normal means

This image is setup with the bootrec scenario. That information is covered in AndroPlus work and threads.

My defconfigs are attached.

Use @Chainfire 's latest SuperSU, this version will apply root to the boot.img (system-less root).

I do not intend any further effort outside of this.

ATTENTION: I don't have a recovery build for ivy. I don't own the device. The only reason i sorted the kernel for root is because the kernel source is the same from the z3+/z4 to the z5.

Someone who owns the device will have to start picking up proper development. Sorry.

I am still looking for confirmation as to whether or not the bootloader for the dsds model is unlockable, or if there is
some sort of country restriction that applies.

m

Attachments

• poison_ivy_yeah_xD_defconfig.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 890
  • poison_ivy_yeah_xD_dsds_defconfig.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 758
Last edited:
The size is like almost 50% of the previous boot-251. Is it correct, wondering why size shrink so much.

30920704 Sep 12 2015 boot-251.img
16293888 Mar 14 14:20 sxz3plus_ivy_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img

Can you confirm the steps?

# Get into flastboot download mode
fastboot flash boot sxz3plus_ivy_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img
fastboot boot recovery.twrp.2.8.7.0.img

in TWRP, flash SuperSU-v2.66.zip

reboot system

pikeylfc

Jan 25, 2011
philadelphia
The size is like almost 50% of the previous boot-251. Is it correct, wondering why size shrink so much.

reboot system
Yes that's what I did

M

moonbutt74

k,

hi, instead of the "usual" kernel binary + dtb image
this package uses a compressed and concatenated kernel-dtb.

So where the "usual" setup results in a 20+mb kernel binary and a 700+kb - 2mb dt.img [depending]
the resulting image-dtb.gz generated during kernel compilation comes down to roughly 8.3mb total.
And since the ramdisk itself is largely text files with few small compiled binaries in sbin, the ramdisk itself
can be compressed from 13.1mb, uncompressed in this case, down to 6.9mb with gzip compression.
With lzma compression the ramdisk would be 2.8mb

m

Last edited:

bobboviking

Mar 7, 2008

reboot system

Hi, I'm a noob regarding root on the Z3+ so I would be very grateful if someone could explain a bit more detailed who this installation should be carried out?
I never rooted my device on lollipop, but I guess that in order to be able to flash this kernel, the bootloader must first be unlocked?
I assume that the procedure has not changed because of the update to MM, so i guess I could find the steps somewhere here in the Z3+/Z4 forum (of course if you want to explain those steps as well I wont protest :))

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

M

moonbutt74

Hi, I'm a noob regarding root on the Z3+ so I would be very grateful if someone could explain a bit more detailed who this installation should be carried out?
I never rooted my device on lollipop, but I guess that in order to be able to flash this kernel, the bootloader must first be unlocked?
I assume that the procedure has not changed because of the update to MM, so i guess I could find the steps somewhere here in the Z3+/Z4 forum (of course if you want to explain those steps as well I wont protest :))

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Andreas,

provided your device is single sim, just flash the img as normal using fastboot. As per OP this is for the MM firmware release.
If your device is dual sim [dsds] let me know and i will post a dsds version AFTER you post the kernel.sin image from the ftf firmware archive for your device.
NO MEGA! DIE CLOUD DIE !!

m

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Its not that complicated, but yes, your bootloader must be unlocked. Once you have that sorted, just use flashtool to flash the firmware (you can download the one you want from within flashtool using xperifirm) by installing fastboot and flashmode drivers (those are in the folder you installed flashtool; on anything above Win8 youll need to turn off driver verification to install these drivers, just google that if you dont know how it works), then choosing flashmode, selecting the firmware and falshing it. If you want to do a clean install, just check all the Wipe settings. Two questions will come up while flashing, just click yes on both.
Then you put the phone into fastboot mode (oh and have supersu on the SD card helps) and once again using flashtool, flash the img file from this thread. Then hotboot into the bootable TWRP, found in some other thread here. The phone will restart into TWRP and there you choose install and install the superSU.zip you copied to your SD card before.

If you dont understand parts of what I said, reconsider if youre really so much into gaining root OR ask ;)

Reactions: bobboviking

hanney

Jul 6, 2012
Hanoi
Oh gosh. Do I need to unlock my phone first? Mine is dual sim, I'll post the kernel tomorrow, it's 2 a m here, sorry.

M

moonbutt74

Oh gosh. Do I need to unlock my phone first? Mine is dual sim, I'll post the kernel tomorrow, it's 2 a m here, sorry.

Good deal :good:
I was waiting for someone with a dsds model to respond.

Again, post it to where i can get it.
NO MEGA! DIE CLOUD DIE !!

m

And yes, always now and forever, you will need to unlock your bootloader.

iCstyle

Jun 17, 2015
works perfect here! finally marshmallow, root and xposed! thank you very much !!!

oh and drmrestore.zip also works great! much better camera pictures, x-reality works etc! i'm really excited :D

M

moonbutt74

What is the device codename and model number?
derp nevermind , i have too much going on at once xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successful root on Dual SIM (E6533)

I own a Sony Xperia Z3+ Dual SIM (E6533)
    First, I did an OTA update to Marshmallow 6.0 (32.1.A.1.163), and then I

1. Copy BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip to phone storage via USB --> https://download.chainfire.eu/924/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip
    2. Unlocked bootloader as directed in Sony Developer page --> http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/ and installed the latest Android SDK Tool
    3. I copy below files to Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/ where Android SDK Tool was installed:
    a. twrp2.img (Dual SIM Version) --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z4/development/twrp-xperia-z3-fota-recovery-t3346298
    b. sxz3plus_ivy_dsds_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img (rootable kernel for Dual SIM) from this thread
    4. I turned off the phone, hold the volume up button while plugging the USB to computer until Blue LED flashes
    5. Right click on folder Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/ in Windows Explorer and click "Open Window command here"
    6. Run command "fastboot device" to confirm fastboot mode connection
    7. Run command "fastboot flash boot sxz3plus_ivy_dsds_MM_Rootable_Permissive_boot.img"
    8. Run command "fastboot flash recovery twrp2.img"
    9. Unplug the phone, turn it on, wait until orange LED flashes on splash screen, and press Volume Up once
    10. TWRP appears, I installed "BETA-SuperSU-v2.68-20160228150503.zip" from it, reboot to system.
    11. That's it, I don't even need to reset Dalvik Cache or Cache, everything is intact. Nothing changes on my phone except now I'm perfectly rooted.

reboot system

reboot system
    Yes that's what I did
    works perfect here! finally marshmallow, root and xposed! thank you very much !!!

oh and drmrestore.zip also works great! much better camera pictures, x-reality works etc! i'm really excited :D
    Good evening. Would I like to root Z3 + but I have some doubts. Already researched the forum and there are various forms or explanations are different and I do not understand. Could someone make a tutotial with directions to unlock the bootloader, root ... do file installation that enable DRM again ..... Xposed installation ...
    I'm with these doubts but many more members also have

thank you all