rooted and can't edit build prop

mjc8870

Feb 7, 2009
I just rooted P3A using magisk and I am trying to edit the build prop to get unlimited hot spot. Every time I try and save the build prop file it says error in saving file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
I just rooted P3A using magisk and I am trying to edit the build prop to get unlimited hot spot. Every time I try and save the build prop file it says error in saving file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
Google made /system read only since Pixel 3a. There is nothing you can do. Maybe a magisk module would help, but im not sure about build.prop as its loaded on startup.

Artim_96

Feb 15, 2013
Magisk can do it, you can very easily make your own module for that. Just read the documentation. There should be a part about that. I think it used to be called resetprop or something like that, don't know if that name changed

Drakax

Dec 2, 2010

Uzephi

Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
I was using the Pixel 4a prop to make Google Pay works on my Pixel 3a.
But with the January update it doesn't work anymore.
I tried all the Google devices' props but none worked for me.
Any suggestions?
All you want to change to get CTS to pass is use force basic option (2) and select an older Pixel. I am reporting as an OG Pixel and pass safetynet.

Drakax

Dec 2, 2010
All you want to change to get CTS to pass is use force basic option (2) and select an older Pixel. I am reporting as an OG Pixel and pass safetynet.
Like I said before, I've done this with all the Google devices present in the list.
None of them works for me.
Magisk 21.2 (21200)
Manager 8.0.5 (4802) (15)

Uzephi

Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Like I said before, I've done this with all the Google devices present in the list.
None of them works for me.
Magisk 21.2 (21200)
Manager 8.0.5 (4802) (15)
You must be on the recent G Play services update. I'm still on the stock GMS. Attached is a module to bypass and force basic profile for A11. Just tried it and it works. Source code of module below. You can find all this info in the module thread also.

Edit: you don't need the props module for this to work. Only use the props module if you are editing other build.prop entries like OP requested. This new method is completely separate to bypass hardware attestation.

Thread:

Source code:

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakax

Drakax

Dec 2, 2010
You must be on the recent G Play services update. I'm still on the stock GMS. Attached is a module to bypass and force basic profile for A11. Just tried it and it works. Source code of module below. You can find all this info in the module thread also.

Edit: you don't need the props module for this to work. Only use the props module if you are editing other build.prop entries like OP requested. This new method is completely separate to bypass hardware attestation.

Thread:

Source code:
Thank you Sir!
I'll try this as soon as possible.

Reactions: Uzephi

Drakax

Dec 2, 2010
If you check the source code link, there are finally official releases for the module instead of my compiled one. The one I attached earlier was a beta build. The ones in github are official.
I tried but it still doesn't work :(
No problem during the flashing operation/installation through magisk manager and after the reboot it appears in the list of magisk modules.
I'll try to ask on the thread you redirect me above.
Thanks for the help anyway :)

Uzephi

Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
I tried but it still doesn't work :(
No problem during the flashing operation/installation through magisk manager and after the reboot it appears in the list of magisk modules.
I'll try to ask on the thread you redirect me above.
Thanks for the help anyway :)
Be sure to disable the hideprops module.