[ROOTED] How to root AC83XX Head Unit MCU: TS901.151104 w/New Skins

Search This thread

katin1981

Nov 14, 2010
Can you recommend a firmware with sound controls working? or if it is not possible to integrate the main ui apk What's the way?

Chroffey

Mar 26, 2020
Problems rooting 822l head unit

New Skin for Radio (see the attachment).

Rooting Guide for AC83XX (AutoChips 8317,8327) (SoC) MTK 6630 - MTK 8317 - MTK 8327 - MTK 82XX

How to gain root access on your android head unit:

[0] Install Terminal Emulator and SuperUser (I used Chainfire's) from Play Store.
[1] Download Superuser.zip (from Chainfire's website) (which includes su binary file in .zip) Extract the files to a directory that you can remember later. e.g: "roo" is my folder name which includes superuser.zip files. (mnt/sdcard/roo/)
[2] Open terminal and type:
Code:
/sbin/forfan guoboneedav -i
*"guoboneedav" is the su password in that "forfan" file in "/sbin" dir. You can find sbin(sbin.rar) directory contents at the attachment
[3] Mount /system folder rewriteable if neccesary.
Code:
mount -o rw,remount,rw /system
[4] Then type to copy su binary by
Code:
cp mnt/sdcard/roo/system/xbin/su /system/xbin/
[5] Open SuperUser app that you installed before and Update Su Binary when it asks.

Congrats! You have gained root access on your android head unit.

*** Disclamer *** Flash this at your own risk. I am not responsible for bricking your device, bootloop or what you do on your device.

MUSIC Player Skin (will publish soon)
MUSICPLAYERNEW.jpg

RADIO Skin
radyo.png

View attachment 4127441

Hi
I've tried to follow this procedure but couldn't get it to work. I just want to access files that are unavailable at the moment. I'm generally happy with the stereo but would like to get rid of some preloaded stuff.
Any help appreciated.

Android YT9216C_AHD_00005_V004_20191010_HIFI
Android OS: 9.1. XY AUTO: 3.1 (8227L)
CAN PRO: 3.0 (8227L): VOLKSWAGEN
DDR: 2G FLASH: 32G
CPU: A7 1.3GHz x4
Display: 1024*600
MCU: 3.1 (8227L)

AF1QipMXLe_aThYgmEs4GcXujiJapch6Iec255bUxnPA

AF1QipNHaRn8BpdaYqxtOaqEAbgJKladgy0SLIgThArO

JG7RkM4uCrq35Dec8

Last edited:

JIFESF

Apr 2, 2020
hi guys iam new and i have a AC82XX unit and i have problem
i installed a new frimware to this unit and the touch screen dosnt work
the button are not working
the whells not working too
but wheen i press my 5 fingers in the screen it goes to a black and green button that i can press them but wheen ifinish this part its says callibrage done and go to the same screen in the first and nothink work again
i need help
iam sorry my english is bad
information
AC82XX x4 cores
HMI: TSKJ.010.2017.8.12.10.4
MCU: TS901.170120
MEDIA: v1.0.0_2017.6.21.16.52
2 WHEELS AND 6 BUTTONS
i need help if any one have the original frimware

Chroffey

Mar 26, 2020
Hi
Have you tried a reset? My screen doesn't respond after I disconnect and reconnect it. If I stick a pin in the reset whole it works again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Skin for Radio (see the attachment).

Rooting Guide for AC83XX (AutoChips 8317,8327) (SoC) MTK 6630 - MTK 8317 - MTK 8327 - MTK 82XX

How to gain root access on your android head unit:

[0] Install Terminal Emulator and SuperUser (I used Chainfire's) from Play Store.
    [1] Download Superuser.zip (from Chainfire's website) (which includes su binary file in .zip) Extract the files to a directory that you can remember later. e.g: "roo" is my folder name which includes superuser.zip files. (mnt/sdcard/roo/)
    [2] Open terminal and type:
    Code:
    *"guoboneedav" is the su password in that "forfan" file in "/sbin" dir. You can find sbin(sbin.rar) directory contents at the attachment
    [3] Mount /system folder rewriteable if neccesary.
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount,rw /system
    [4] Then type to copy su binary by
    Code:
    cp mnt/sdcard/roo/system/xbin/su /system/xbin/
    [5] Open SuperUser app that you installed before and Update Su Binary when it asks.

Congrats! You have gained root access on your android head unit.

*** Disclamer *** Flash this at your own risk. I am not responsible for bricking your device, bootloop or what you do on your device.

MUSIC Player Skin (will publish soon)
    MUSICPLAYERNEW.jpg

RADIO Skin
    radyo.png

radyo.png
    The files below are the main apk and zip. - and SoC info:

banner.jpg

AC8327
    Overview
    AC8327 is a feature and performance scalable platform that can support Android, WINCE, Linux based on the ARM Cortex architecture, including Cortex-A7, combined ARM9 based solutions.
    AC8327 series combines broad levels of integrated interfaces and power-efficient processing capabilities all the way up to bleeding edge 3D and 2D graphics, as well as high-definition video, eg: H.265, ,to provide a new level of multimedia performance for an unbounded next-generation user experience. AC8327 series also supports HDMI/MHL interfaces to fit the trend of Vehicle-Cell phone connection. Internal audio DSPs and DAC insures the acoustic performance and cutting off the system BOM cost.

Features
    - DVD/CD Integration
    - Quad Cortex A7 up to 1GHz
    - Mali 400 MP2
    - H.265/H.264/ MPEG-4/ RMVB/ VP6/VP8/MPEG-2/AVS/VC-1
    - CVBS In/ CCIR 656/601/ Video switch/YPbPr(720P)
    - 5.1 channel for front / stereo for rear
    - SPIDF out / I2S out
    - PCM audio playback
    - Dual channel Display
    - TV Decoder
    - Touch Screen Controller

201403261395820464.jpg

Our devices using almost the same components and firmware with Ownice C300 head unit's.

*** Update ***

Make Viper4Android working for Head Units:

Try also the Viper4Android, and you will notice a HUGE difference in sound quality.

For anybody interested to use Viper4Android, follow this steps:
    1. Install the apk from this post
    2, Install viper fx drivers when prompted (Choose Super Audio Quality)
    3. Restart device
    4. Open Viper4Android from Launcher, go to menu, then click "Lock Effect Mode" and choose "Headset"
    5. Go To Menu, click "UI Setting" and choose "Expert", to gain access to more options
    6. Go to "Headset" tab, and click "Enable"
    7. Enable and play with different options, according to your taste in sound :)

In PowerAmp, in order to enable Viper4Android, you need to uncheck "Direct Volume Control" from Settings -> Audio -> Advanced Tweaks

To start Viper FX from install-recovery.sh, use this command:
    Code:
    am startservice com.vipercn.viper4android_v2/.service.ViPER4AndroidService

Viper FX affects all the apps sounds (autio player, video player, bluetooth, youtube, etc), but not Radio, which is MCU controlled.

P.S.
    More about Viper4Android, can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

OT: Solutions and FAQ about most of the head units In this thread

OT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58750777&postcount=8521

*** (16/12/16) SOC (system-on-a-chip) info MT6630

Mediatek Announces MT6630, World�s First Five-in-One Combo Wireless Connectivity SOC for Mobile Devices

Mediatek Announces MT6630, World�s First Five-in-One Combo Wireless Connectivity SOC for Mobile Devices

TAIWAN, Hsinchu � 25 February, 2014 � Mediatek today announced MT6630, the world�s first five-in-one combo wireless system-on-a-chip (SOC) to support full featured smartphones, tablets and other premium mobile devices.

The MT6630 dramatically reduces the component count and eBOM while improving ease-of-design for manufacturers by eliminating external low noise amplifiers (LNAs) and integrating the Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz power amplifiers (PAs), Bluetooth PA, and transmit-receive (T/R) switch into a PCBA footprint less than 65 mm2.

Key features

Dual-band single-stream 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with 20/40/80MHz channel bandwidth
    802.11v time of flight protocol support and management engines to enable higher accuracy of indoor positioning via Wi-Fi
    Advanced support for Wi-Fi Direct Services and Miracast� optimization for easier pairing, increased robustness, advanced use-cases and lower power
    Bluetooth 4.1 with Classic, High-Speed and Low-Energy support, and ANT+ for compatibility with the latest fitness tracking, health monitoring and point of information devices and applications
    Concurrent tri-band reception of GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo and QZSS with industry leading sensitivity, low power, positioning accuracy, and the longest prediction engine
    FM transceiver with RDS/RBDS
    Integrated engines and algorithms for full concurrent operation and co-existence, including industry-leading throughput during LTE transmission
    MT6630 delivers full concurrent operation of all 5 systems operating at maximum compute intensity with no degradation compared to single-system operation while offloading the mobile device CPU for design ease and extended battery life. As a focus on low power and digital home convergence, the MT6630 uses a configurable PA architecture to save current at commonly used power levels, including those used for Miracast� Wi-Fi Direct services. MT6630 implements advanced co-existence techniques, including for LTE to deliver industry-leading throughputs. MT6630 also supports Wi-Fi diversity for premium smartphones and tablets to improve antenna angle sensitivity and handheld scenarios.

"MT6630 makes it simple for manufacturers to bring mobile devices to market with sophisticated wireless features, lower power and uncompromised performance," said SR Tsai, General Manager of MediaTek�s Connectivity Business Unit. �MT6630 furthers MediaTek�s focus to deliver the best experiences across the digital home and mobile applications by using its unique leadership position in digital TV host processors, smartphone platforms, and connectivity.�

The small-footprint design is available in 5 x 5mm WLCSP (Wafer Level Chip Scale Package) or a 7 x 7mm QFN (Quad Flat No-Leads) and requires only 44 components, which is around half that of other integrated wireless solutions.

Mediatek MT6630 is sampling now and complements the recently announced MT6595 octa-core SOC with LTE for premium mobile devices. The first commercially available devices to use MT6630 are expected in the second half of 2014.

DEVICE INFORMATION

Manufacturers:

+ SZ MAISUN

Local Brands (Sold as) :
    Navimex ... many more[/I]

SPECS:

MCU: TS901.151104
    SOC: AC8317 (AC83XX)
    SoC Manufacturer: ATC (Autochips, MediaTek)

AC83XX (Core x4) QuadCore 1 ghz
    ARM Cortex-A7 MP Core Product Revision r0p3
    Android Version: KitKat 4.4.4.
    1 GB RAM
    16 GB ROM
    1024 x 600
    Mali 400 MP, GPU

Finally got root access on TS901.151104 device: Big thanks to @Virus.VHD

Hi,

I've found a way to get root on this unit:

1. Open terminal and enter:
    2. You should get root console #
    3. Replace /system/xbin/su with the one taken from SuperSU
    4. Install and run SuperSU
    5. Update su binary when asked to.
    6. Enjoy! :)

I am unable to find any information about my Android Head Unit. So I've started to tinker by myself.
    I've changed default launcher to Nova, then use Quick Shortcut Manager to use OEM apps (FM Radio, Factory Settings, DVD, Music app) which included in com.ts.MainUI.apk
    Every oem app is included in one apk and I set shortcuts from it. (com.ts.Radio.... com.ts.Music... etc)

** Scheme of AC8317 SoC. I think that it is a MediaTek cpu.

142122olb1grcal3nba2lz.png

** Device Pictures:

** Update II, UI screenshots of head unit - AC8317 SoC
    captiva-android-6.jpg

captiva-android-2.jpg

captiva-android-3.jpg

captiva-android-4.jpg

Then I extract main (factory)Settings.apk (not usual android Settings.apk) , I have found the secret codes

* Boot Logo manager

* Factory Settings

* File Copy (?)

0126 or 126 not working.
    --
    HMI: TSKJ_ 010.16.03.30.08.37
    MCU:TS901.151104
    --
    Btw, I've made a skin for Radio app on AC83xx device.
    Nice, any chance of a download?

Sent from my Vivo 6 using Tapatalk
    I have the firmware for you headunit, but I can not post it here, not enough posts.

Dear Oleg, if you PM me I can share the firmware's link @1st post.
    I wish we could tell in any Forum in Turkey.

Türkiye'de herhangi bir forumda da anlatsanız keşke.

DonanımHaber forumuna ekledim. İlgilenen olursa orada da bilgi paylaşımında bulunacağım.

https://forum.donanimhaber.com/root-araba-multimedya-cihazina-root-atma-ac83xx--123084061