How To Guide Rooted, passing SafetyNet, Play Integrity, and GPay/Wallet contactless on A13 stable

Search This thread

direwolf1

I installed Android 13 yesterday and had some trouble getting GPay/Wallet contactless payments working. Here's what eventually worked for me:
  1. Magisk 25.2 (Github, XDA)
  2. Hide Magisk app
  3. Enable Zygisk
  4. Enforce DenyList
  5. Add the usual suspects to DenyList (Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Google Play Protect Service, Wallet/GPay app)
  6. Install @Displax Universal SafetyNet Fix Mod as a Magisk module (kdrag0n's unmodded original did not work for me)
  7. Clear storage/cache from GPay/Wallet, Play Store, and Play Services
  8. Reboot
And that's it. No messing around with hiding props configs or anything like that.

I used a couple of apps to check my Safetynet/Play Integrity status: YASNAC (Github, Play Store) and Integrity Checker by @1nikolas (Play Store). On YASNAC, you need to pass Basic integrity and CTS profile match. On Integrity Checker, you need MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY (which I didn't have with the standard Universal Safetynet Fix; I needed Displax's mod) and MEETS_BASIC_INTEGRITY. I don't have MEETS_STRONG_INTEGRITY; it's my understanding that you can't get that with root/unlocked bootloader at the moment. However, it appears you can get contactless payments working without it.

I hope having all this information together helps others, as I had a bit of trouble hunting it down.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Bringing from the kernel thread so we keep the off-topic to a minimum there.
Reinstalling SafetyNet Fix 2.3.1 in Magisk Modules seems to be working fine.

But still I haven't DEVICE_INTEGRITY in Play Integrity API checker. upd. after cleaning cache, now it doesn't have even BASIC.

The app is probably corrupted, others are just doing fine. Anyway.

The newer Mod version of 2.3.1 Universal Safety Net fix referenced in the OP fixed the device integrity for me just now. I uninstalled the original fix (didn't reboot yet), then installed the new fix, rebooted, and I got device integrity passed.

enerGy

Jul 17, 2015
Belfast
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Weird that some don't work and others do *typical of Google though I guess lmao*. I've been using mine fine since the moment I first flashed it without any of above hassle. The Wallet might be bank related but integrity I dunno what would be the difference

HereticBG

Jul 19, 2011
Is it weird I'm still passing Integrity and Safetynet after the Android 13 update with the original kdrag0n module? Or is this one of those slow rollout things that will eventually affect me?

Reactions: jcp2

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is it weird I'm still passing Integrity and Safetynet after the Android 13 update with the original kdrag0n module? Or is this one of those slow rollout things that will eventually affect me?
Until I used the SafetyNet v1.31 MOD version, I only passed basic integrity in the Integrity Checker app. After I installed the MOD version, I then passed Device Integrity as well.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
I installed Android 13 yesterday and had some trouble getting GPay/Wallet contactless payments working. Here's what eventually worked for me:
  2. Hide Magisk app
  3. Enable Zygisk
  4. Enforce DenyList
  5. Add the usual suspects to DenyList (Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Google Play Protect Service, Wallet/GPay app)
  6. Install @Displax Universal SafetyNet Fix Mod as a Magisk module (kdrag0n's unmodded original did not work for me)
  8. Reboot
And that's it. No messing around with hiding props configs or anything like that.

I used a couple of apps to check my Safetynet/Play Integrity status: YASNAC (Github, Play Store) and Integrity Checker by @1nikolas (Play Store). On YASNAC, you need to pass Basic integrity and CTS profile match. On Integrity Checker, you need MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY (which I didn't have with the standard Universal Safetynet Fix; I needed Displax's mod) and MEETS_BASIC_INTEGRITY. I don't have MEETS_STRONG_INTEGRITY; it's my understanding that you can't get that with root/unlocked bootloader at the moment. However, it appears you can get contactless payments working without it.

I hope having all this information together helps others, as I had a bit of trouble hunting it down.
Thanks so much for your detailed instructions.
Could you please be so kind as to check whether Xprivacylua works with your settings?
Looking forward to your comments

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2. Hide Magisk app
    3. Enable Zygisk
    4. Enforce DenyList
    8. Reboot

Add the usual suspects to DenyList (Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Google Play Protect Service, Wallet/GPay app)
    You don`t need to add all this stuff to DenyList when using USNF.
    This worked for me. I followed the same procedure in the exact order and experienced the same thing all the way through. Thanks very much for taking the time to make this post, I was absolutely dreading this and you made it easy for me!
    Bringing from the kernel thread so we keep the off-topic to a minimum there.
    Reinstalling SafetyNet Fix 2.3.1 in Magisk Modules seems to be working fine.

But still I haven't DEVICE_INTEGRITY in Play Integrity API checker. upd. after cleaning cache, now it doesn't have even BASIC.

The app is probably corrupted, others are just doing fine. Anyway.

The newer Mod version of 2.3.1 Universal Safety Net fix referenced in the OP fixed the device integrity for me just now. I uninstalled the original fix (didn't reboot yet), then installed the new fix, rebooted, and I got device integrity passed.
    This worked for about a week. Then yesterday I was unable to T2P.
    The only things I haven't done are hide Magisk and install the modded UNSF
    You definitely want to do both of those things, and I believe I read someone that it shouldn't be necessary to add individual apps to Magisk's Hide setting, but I do, anyway.