• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Rooted phone and now stuck with no operating system?

Search This thread

RyanAnd7787

Nov 30, 2021
Moto G Stylus 5G
I originally rooted my phone. It is a Moto g stylus 5G from MetroPCS. The phone was working great and then I continued to try and switch it to a custom ROM. And now it is saying there is no operating system and the phone will not boot. I tried to use the Motorola rescue and smart recovery tool, but it will not work. I also have called Motorola they said to send it in which I did and they said they sent me a new phone but they sent back the same exact phone. So I am going to try and figure out how to deal with this myself. The phone will not boot into recovery. How can I return this phone back to stock or back to the rooted version?

androidpimpz

Jan 20, 2017
phoenix
Hello Speaking in my own experience . Try different usb cord /slot on your computer sometimes I had problems with things like that if you can see on your screen and it says system wont boot then you definitely should still have fastboot on your device. ' That is A good sign". or try moto recovery tool on different computer.

Cbayer86

Nov 24, 2021
Moto G Stylus 5G
Now that I'm reading your post this just recently happened to me when trying to make the system files r/w ..I know for a fact you can still get into fastboot..from there you'll download your stock Rom using the Motorola rescue tool and it will take it from there. Good luck!

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.xyz
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
I originally rooted my phone. It is a Moto g stylus 5G from MetroPCS. The phone was working great and then I continued to try and switch it to a custom ROM. And now it is saying there is no operating system and the phone will not boot. I tried to use the Motorola rescue and smart recovery tool, but it will not work. I also have called Motorola they said to send it in which I did and they said they sent me a new phone but they sent back the same exact phone. So I am going to try and figure out how to deal with this myself. The phone will not boot into recovery. How can I return this phone back to stock or back to the rooted version?
Flash it with stock ROM.
Stock ROM link