Rooted SM-N910T - What works and what doesn't work with rooted N4 with LOLLIPOP,...!

Search This thread

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
Thread Updated - This Thread is now about "What works and what doesn't with LOLLIPOP

> Flashable External SD Card Fix now included in the Guide...

Since it is officially confirmed that we have root and it is working perfectly...

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2897428

Step by Step Root & Recovery Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/not...vu1anih-cf-t2903733/post55989825#post55989825

Please post here what works and what doesn't work with a rooted T-Mobile N4...

For example... Is Xposed working? Wanam? Wifi Tether Router?... Etc...

Please post list of Working Xposed Modules...

Example of what I have on my N3:

n3_root.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

zonly1

Dec 9, 2010
SL,UT
Awesome idea! I won't be getting mine until Thursday, so I'd love to see all of you lucky ones that get it tomorrow post up. :)

Reactions: TEKHD

TEKHD

If I'm not mistaken a way to root came out for the note 3 without triggering Knox correct? Think it'll come out for the note 4 eventually? Probably will take a while since it hasn't even come out yet

Yes, it was called root de la vega... But, honestly... Don't hold your breath... Root de la vega was working on an earlier rom version of the Note 3... After that... Samsung patched the roms, and there has been nothing ever since...

Reactions: fcb1

fcb1

Jul 20, 2011
Yes, it was called root de la vega... But, honestly... Don't hold your breath... Root de la vega was working on an earlier rom version of the Note 3... After that... Samsung patched the roms, and there has been nothing ever since...

Such a shame at what Samsung has done. They were so friendly up until the s4. We'll see I'll test drive the note make sure everything is in proper order then root it. Has samsung been known to honor warranty with the flag set if it's obvious manufacture defect?

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
Such a shame at what Samsung has done. They were so friendly up until the s4. We'll see I'll test drive the note make sure everything is in proper order then root it. Has samsung been known to honor warranty with the flag set if it's obvious manufacture defect?

It depends on the country from what i understand..
Imo if you show them that you know your rights, then you can "make" them honor their warranty...
And always always ask to speak with the manager...

Researching your rights as a consumer on the web (depending on your country) also helps a lot.
Im 90% certain that there's a EU directive that forbids sammy to pull these bull____ on us... Especially if we are asking them to fix a defect that is non-knox related...

fcb1

Jul 20, 2011
It depends on the country from what i understand..

Imo if you show them that you know your rights, then you can "make" them honor their warranty...

And always always ask to speak with the manager...

Researching your rights as a consumer on the web (depending on your country) also helps a lot.

Im 90% certain that there's a EU directive that forbids sammy to pull these bull____ on us... Especially if we are asking them to fix a defect that is non-knox related...

Any luck with that in the U.S.?

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
it depends on the carrier, and how you talk to them about your issue; I have NEVER had a warranty issue for ANY phone, and that was with Sprint, ATT, and now T-Mobile. Can't speak to Verizon, as I hate them with a passion, and wouldn't take a free phone if they offerred one.

every time I returned a phone for a warranty issue, they were always unlocked, rooted, or s-off

here again, if you are nice, and polite, you shouldn't have issues
if you come across as a jerk, well, you know what will happen..

Reactions: cd2ogz

effortless

Feb 11, 2007
Philadelphia

Actually, there were other methods after root de la vega. I have a method here for the Note 3 that uses towelroot and an older vulnerable kernel. You simply flash the older kernel in odin, use towelroot, then flash the new current kernel back and you're rooted.

Don't think of Knox being tripped as a loss of warranty- think of it as a loss of Knox! Knox is an app on your phone that will no longer work (ever!) if you trip Knox. Research Knox and make sure you have no need for it before you decide to get rid of that functionality. If you work at a company that lets you use your own phone to receive work e-mail etc and would like to keep apps and e-mail on a separate secure container "work side" of your phone (Knox) then don't trip Knox. If you don't care about Knox, trip it and forget it.

It's just not fair to people to leave this valuable piece of information out when telling them to root or in the how-to root threads. They can't revert after the case and some don't realize they need it until they present their phones to their IT staff at work and are told their phone's Knox integrity has been compromised -meaning it's no longer able to be used for that purpose (Knox warranty 0x1). Also, if you just want a secure container for some personal apps and pics etc, you can use that Knox container for that without actually using any work information.

Here's a quick video to demonstrate Knox 2.0s use.

Last edited:

TEKHD

Actually, there were other methods after root de la vega. I have a method here for the Note 3 that uses towelroot and an older vulnerable kernel. You simply flash the older kerenel in odin, use towelroot, then flash the new current kernel back and you're rooted.

Don't think of Knox being tripped as a loss of warranty- think of it as a loss of Knox! Knox is an app on your phone that will no longer work (ever!) if you trip Knox. Research Knox and make sure you have no need for it before you decide to get rid of that functionality. If you work at a company that lets you use your own phone to receive work e-mail etc and would like to keep apps and e-mail on a separate secure container "work side" of your phone (Knox) then don't trip Knox. If you don't care about Knox, trip it and forget it.

It's just not fair to people to leave this valuable piece of information out when telling them to root or in the how-to root threads. They can't revert after the case and some don't realize they need it until they present their phones to their IT staff at work and are told their phone's Knox integrity has been compromised -meaning it's no longer able to be used for that purpose (Knox warranty 0x1). Also, if you just want a secure container for some personal apps and pics etc, you can use that Knox container for that without actually using any work information.

I will link this post on the root guide... Thank you!

Also...

External SD Card Fix now on post #2 here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/not...sy-steps-stock-odin-n910tuvu1anih-cf-t2903733

sdfix.png

TEKHD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Actually, there were other methods after root de la vega. I have a method here for the Note 3 that uses towelroot and an older vulnerable kernel. You simply flash the older kernel in odin, use towelroot, then flash the new current kernel back and you're rooted.

Thread Updated - This Thread is now about "What works and what doesn't with LOLLIPOP

> Flashable External SD Card Fix now included in the Guide...

Since it is officially confirmed that we have root and it is working perfectly...

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2897428

Step by Step Root & Recovery Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/not...vu1anih-cf-t2903733/post55989825#post55989825

Please post here what works and what doesn't work with a rooted T-Mobile N4...

For example... Is Xposed working? Wanam? Wifi Tether Router?... Etc...

Please post list of Working Xposed Modules...

Example of what I have on my N3:

n3_root.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wonder if 80 of us kicked in $10 to get Wanam a Note 4 if he'd continue development. He seems pretty fed up with Samsung, but did start developing Wanam Xposed again once he received a S5 as a gift. @wanam
    Sorry it's not the same thing, I got GS5 from a close friend with no conditions, i do what I do just for fun.

I can't accept this offer, it makes much more responsibilities than i can support.
    Thanks for the info, I'll try it a bit later :).

actually i found the fix for S health, i havent tried private mode yet. So in waanam, under security, check the box that says Secured Storage. Go into settings/applications/All and clear the S health data. Not the service though. Reboot and S health will work again. :laugh: