• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Rooted widevine L1

Search This thread

VoidedKN0X

Jan 2, 2019
Rumbeke
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I have read about people getting widevine L1 on their rooted devices and custom roms, i tried it too with copying "a" partition to the "b" partition before flashing anything (recovery is a live boot) but the moment mu bootloader is unlocked i have widevine L3 no matter what (using "fastboot oem unlock " and "fastboot flashing unlock")... Even when i pass safetynet and such i never get back to L1

Is there anyone that knows how to do it?

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
I tried it for about 4 hours locking and unlocking the bootloader but still got L3, so either my device doesn't like me or i'm really unlucky... What command did you use to unlock the bootloader? Did you install a custom rom?
No custom ROM just stock, rooted. I can't remember which command I used. I think I tried both. But first time I did get L3. I think I used msm then tried again. Got L1

DevilRockr

Ok I will tell what helped me gaining L1 from L3,

1. First just flash oos 11 using msm tool, please do this step is a must.
2. Now update to the latest available firmware using OTA. (11.2.9.9 or above)
3. Now reboot to bootloader
4. Use this command only to unlock
"Fastboot flashing unlock" for this you need latest fastboot and adb older adb and fastboot fails for l1.
5. Now boot (your data will be wiped)
6. Do not install DRM info app at this point.
7. Now enable usb debugging enable adb and connect to pc
8. Remove 2 Netflix apps that are pre install either by pm uninstall command if you dont know donwload debloater from here and then remove:
9. After removal of netflix reboot your phone.
10. Now install Drm info and check your phone should be L1.
11. Now root using magisk canary enable zygisk and enable deny list, select google play services (all from sublist), and install safetynet-fox 2.2.0 from here: "https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix"
12. Clear data for google play services reboot.
13. Enjoy l1 and play store certified device...

samwhiteUK

Jul 1, 2012
Cambridge
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have read about people getting widevine L1 on their rooted devices and custom roms, i tried it too with copying "a" partition to the "b" partition before flashing anything (recovery is a live boot) but the moment mu bootloader is unlocked i have widevine L3 no matter what (using "fastboot oem unlock " and "fastboot flashing unlock")... Even when i pass safetynet and such i never get back to L1

Is there anyone that knows how to do it?
Mine went to L3 after I unlocked. I gave up trying to fix it, but now it's L1. It might just take time.

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I get L1 using newest canary branch of Magisk. I have systemless hosts and google services added to deny list in zygisk. Banking apps, gpay and McDonalds (I found it more sensitive than banking apps! :) ) work great.

VoidedKN0X

Jan 2, 2019
Rumbeke
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I get L1 using newest canary branch of Magisk. I have systemless hosts and google services added to deny list in zygisk. Banking apps, gpay and McDonalds (I found it more sensitive than banking apps! :) ) work great.
I tried with canady magisk too but no luck as it turned to L3 on bootloader unlock... Can you provide a link with the magisk version you used? And maybe a guide on how you rooted your phone? The tutorials i followed didn't work for L1

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I have 23015 version. Installed via twrp (previous version) than updated by direct install with Magisk. Bootloader unlocked. Custom arter's kernel onboard.
Make sure you have all of these checked in Magisks deny list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-172936~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-172936~2.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 32

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I will tell what helped me gaining L1 from L3,

1. First just flash oos 11 using msm tool, please do this step is a must.
    2. Now update to the latest available firmware using OTA. (11.2.9.9 or above)
    3. Now reboot to bootloader
    4. Use this command only to unlock
    "Fastboot flashing unlock" for this you need latest fastboot and adb older adb and fastboot fails for l1.
    5. Now boot (your data will be wiped)
    6. Do not install DRM info app at this point.
    7. Now enable usb debugging enable adb and connect to pc
    8. Remove 2 Netflix apps that are pre install either by pm uninstall command if you dont know donwload debloater from here and then remove:
    9. After removal of netflix reboot your phone.
    10. Now install Drm info and check your phone should be L1.
    11. Now root using magisk canary enable zygisk and enable deny list, select google play services (all from sublist), and install safetynet-fox 2.2.0 from here: "https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix"
    12. Clear data for google play services reboot.
    13. Enjoy l1 and play store certified device...
    I got L3 the first time. I re locked bl and started over. Got L1. I think it can be done