Question Rooted With Stock Recovery And OTA Update

Search This thread

galileogarin

Dec 3, 2014
Bali
Hello There,

I know that when I'm writing this, decryption isn't fully working yet and our TWRP still on Alpha Stage.l
(There's Modified vendor to decrypt internal storage on OF recovery thread, but unfortunately my device is Indonesian variant which i didn't see on the download list)

However, changing rom is still possible but i decided to wait until decryption is completely working. I'm going to stick on global rom with unlocked bootloader and magisk installed. Booting device to temporary custom recovery via Adb and flash magisk afterwards

Question :
Is it possible/won't cause any issue to do and OTA update if the situation :
- Unlocked bootloader
- Magisk Installed
- Stock Recovery Installed

Thanks in advance!

Hello There,

I know that when I'm writing this, decryption isn't fully working yet and our TWRP still on Alpha Stage.l
(There's Modified vendor to decrypt internal storage on OF recovery thread, but unfortunately my device is Indonesian variant which i didn't see on the download list)

However, changing rom is still possible but i decided to wait until decryption is completely working. I'm going to stick on global rom with unlocked bootloader and magisk installed. Booting device to temporary custom recovery via Adb and flash magisk afterwards

Question :
- Unlocked bootloader
- Magisk Installed

Thanks in advance!
When an ota arrives

In magisk do the following
- Uninstall Magisk
- Restore Images

Then install OTA . Should be working fine .

To get root again just flash Magisk in a custom recovery like you did before keeping stock recovery.

Does safety net gets passed with this method?

Any problems with banking apps and play protect?
I think sweet is using hardware evaluation so the moment we unlock bootloader the safety net becomes invalid .

I am using this module to fix safety net.

Reactions: crazyguyrohan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello There,

Question :
    - Unlocked bootloader
    - Magisk Installed

Thanks in advance!
    When an ota arrives

- Uninstall Magisk
    - Restore Images

To get root again just flash Magisk in a custom recovery like you did before keeping stock recovery.
    When an ota arrives

- Uninstall Magisk
    - Restore Images

Ah got it, thanks!
    Does safety net gets passed with this method?

Any problems with banking apps and play protect?
    I think sweet is using hardware evaluation so the moment we unlock bootloader the safety net becomes invalid .

I am using this module to fix safety net.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone