Rooting and adb phones with Surface?

Search This thread

lumpaywk

Mar 30, 2010
Portsmouth/Gosport
you could always have a pc running windows 8 pro then remote desktop to it. the metro rdp client is really cool and support multi touch etc so just like using it on your surface and as its metro you can run side by side etc.

HandyBesitzer

Jan 29, 2012
Köln
mh some found a way??

it would be really awesome if someone can recompile adb for Win 8 RT.

If someone can tell me how this will work i'll do it. The Software for this i allready have. For developing and for publishing in the Store.

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
mh some found a way??

it would be really awesome if someone can recompile adb for Win 8 RT.

If someone can tell me how this will work i'll do it. The Software for this i allready have. For developing and for publishing in the Store.

Can't be built in visual studio apparently. Relies on cygwin.

And having the software for developing and publishing in the store is useless. You need the source code which anyone who has the skill to actually do the port can obtain (it is all open source). It isnt something that someone can just tell you how to do, if they could tell you how to do it they would have done it themselves.

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
not possible on RT. you can't open .exe files (adb.exe, fastboot.exe, ..)..

Errm, yes you can, you just cant open exe files compiled for x86. You can open exe files for ARM no problem.... adb.exe may be for x86, but your statement was that you cant open an exe file on RT which is entirely false.