• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rooting and twrp for sm-j120h samsung j1 2016

Search This thread

4ld0u5

May 31, 2016
Root j120h/ds

for some reasons that i dont know there are different variants of j1 2016, mine is j120h which is a spreadtrum sc7727se phone while others have j120f exynos soc, so this tut only works for j120h models of j1 2016

Req TWRP, ODIN, SAMSUNG DRIVERS, FLASHABLE SUPERSU, OEM UNLOCK ENABLED ON DEVELOPER OPTIONS.

DOWNLOAD

UPDATE: SUPERSU INSIDE FILE WONT WORK AND WILL CAUSE BOOTLOOPs ON DEVICES WITH UPDATED SELINUX SECURITY PATCH
USE THIS FLASHABLE SU.

http://download.chainfire.eu/969/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip

always use chainfire's latest flashable zip

the file above includes flashable supersu.zip odin 3.11 and TWRP (do not extract supersu zip)

1. DOWNLOAD TWRP AND ODIN AND SUPERSU.ZIP. extract all except supersu.zip do not extract supersu.zip
(NOTE PUT SUPERSU.ZIP INSIDE INTERNAL STORAGE THIS TWRP BUILD DOES NOT DETECT EXTERNAL MMC, so anything you flash in the future make sure its in internal storage

1. install samsung drivers
2. open odin click AP then select TWRP file
3. Click options UNCHECK auto restart
4. Put phone in odin mode Volume down + Home key + power key
5. there will be a warning press volume up to continue
6. insert usb cable wait for drivers to finis installing
7. check status (see blue box above that means phone is ready)
8. Click Start to start flashing
9. after flash there will be a green sign saying pass
10. remove usb cable DO NOT restart phone. Restarting phone will revert recovery back to stock.
11. After ypu finished flashing you cannot power off the device via power button so remove battery then insert. do not turn it on.
12. then go to recovery mode by pressing volume up + homekey + power on,
13 flash supersu.zip should be inside internal storage preferably on root directory of internal storage
14. reboot and wait, 1st boot will take time.
15. congratulations you are now rooted and warranty is now void.
16. Odin problem? search on google about issues on stuck at pit file mapping.
17. phone not detected? download and install smartswitch from samsung.com run it then connect phone if detected, go back to odin.

picture.php

Note: Please always enable oem unlock at all times when you have twrp installed. i tried resetting my phone once and ended up with binary blocked and cannot boot up
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for whatever you do to your phone

if you encounter bootloops while tinkering with your phone just search for official firmware from reputable sites and flash it thru odin. Google is your friend

Big credits to Joenka of 4pda.ru and others for letting me see the link to j1 2016's device tree. To j1 2016 ph group
chainfire and odin creators thank you.
:good::good::good::good:

Mabuhay Pilipinas!

Last edited:

anitamobile

Jan 9, 2013
Root j120h/ds

for some reasons that i dont know there are different variants of j1 2016, mine is j120h which is a spreadtrum sc7727se phone while others have j120f exynos soc, so this tut only works for j120h models of j1 2016

Req TWRP, ODIN, SAMSUNG DRIVERS, FLASHABLE SUPERSU, OEM UNLOCK ENABLED ON DEVELOPER OPTIONS.

DOWNLOAD

UPDATE: SUPERSU INSIDE FILE WONT WORK AND WILL CAUSE BOOTLOOPs ON DEVICES WITH UPDATED SELINUX SECURITY PATCH
USE THIS FLASHABLE SU.

http://download.chainfire.eu/969/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip

the file above includes flashable supersu.zip odin 3.11 and TWRP (do not extract supersu zip)

1. DOWNLOAD TWRP AND ODIN AND SUPERSU.ZIP. extract all except supersu.zip do not extract supersu.zip
(NOTE PUT SUPERSU.ZIP INSIDE INTERNAL STORAGE THIS TWRP BUILD DOES NOT DETECT EXTERNAL MMC, so anything you flash in the future make sure its in internal storage

10. remove usb cable DO NOT restart phone. Restarting phone will revert recovery back to stock.
11. After ypu finished flashing you cannot power off the device via power button so remove battery then insert. do not turn it on.
13 flash supersu.zip should be inside internal storage preferably on root directory of internal storage
17. phone not detected? download and install smartswitch from samsung.com run it then connect phone if detected, go back to odin.

picture.php

Note: Please always enable oem unlock at all times when you have twrp installed. i tried resetting my phone once and ended up with binary blocked and cannot boot up

if you encounter bootloops while tinkering with your phone just search for official firmware from reputable sites and flash it thru odin. Google is your friend

Big credits to Joenka of 4pda.ru and others for letting me see the link to j1 2016's device tree. To j1 2016 ph group

Mabuhay Pilipinas!
hi bro

not working ext sd card or otg . how to fix it . iwant install patch file my phone is locked by user code and i cant copy file to internal storag
thank you

Last edited:
Last edited:

4ld0u5

May 31, 2016
hi bro

not working ext sd card or otg . how to fix it . iwant install patch file my phone is locked by user code and i cant copy file to internal storag
thank you
i think theres a twrp released with ext storage support. just find it.
or you can create a flashable zip of whatever you wnt to place or modify ur system and flash it via this twrp.

nhacnhac7

Dec 27, 2016
successfully rooted. :) thank you po. mayroon po ba kayong flashable framework-res.apk na naka zip file pra sa J120H/DS. flashable via recovery. needed lang po sir. pahingi po. thanks in advance. God bless :)

Reactions: Raziel0001

disturbiaaa

Apr 16, 2017
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

stardestroyer7771

Jul 31, 2017
Help.

So........... I did everything to before flashing super su....but when I try boot recovery, red text at the top of my screen says RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING. and it stay like that forever until I take battery out...what do I do!?!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root j120h/ds

DOWNLOAD

USE THIS FLASHABLE SU.

picture.php

Mabuhay Pilipinas!
    successfully rooted. :) thank you po. mayroon po ba kayong flashable framework-res.apk na naka zip file pra sa J120H/DS. flashable via recovery. needed lang po sir. pahingi po. thanks in advance. God bless :)