Question Rooting/Bootloader Unlock for T-Mo variant

Search This thread

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
Hey all,

My family's looking at switching to T-Mo as my son's in the military and that have a great plan for that. I've always had unlocked OP phones, so the T-Mo variant is new to me. I've seen there's different things you had to do to unlock it.

Is it rootable without the SIM unlock? And the only way to unlock the bootloader is to have the SIM unlocked, correct?

And wasn't there a way to get it unlocked if you're a developer - even if it's not paid off?

Just looking at my options you see if T-Mo would be doable for me.

Thanks!

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Honestly man, it's just easier to have the guy on here do it for you. T-mobile seem to be real pricks when it comes to unlocking these phones.

Just make sure to throw him a few bucks cause he will save you a huge frustration :)

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
Bumping

I saw that there's an MSM tool to convert the TMo version to the Global version.

Of course this is after the SIM unlock.

I've done some reading but I'm not sure I'm understanding.

I seem to remember there was something weird about the modems on TMo's version. Does the conversion take care of that so it's all "normal" after that?

And I take it I can unblock the bootloader normally after that too, correct?

I've worked on my son's unlocked 9 and that's all fine. But I'll a little confused on TMo's. Never worked with out and we're in the process of switching over.

Just wondering so I can determine off I'll get TMo's or wait a bit to get the unlocked version.

Thanks,

Super

whoogle

Jun 22, 2020
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
Honestly man, it's just easier to have the guy on here do it for you. T-mobile seem to be real pricks when it comes to unlocking these phones.

Just make sure to throw him a few bucks cause he will save you a huge frustration :)
Absolutely, I could not get them to unlock my 9 despite them doing so on my 7 pro and 8. Something definitely changed and the dude doing helping out on here saved me.

Top Liked Posts