Rooting girlfriends INC2 got a couple Q's?

Search This thread

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
So I was able to downgrade the phone to 2.3.3, I was able to intstall revolutionary and got S-off. Had problems trying to flash the superuser as well but finally got it. Also just got around to installing ROM manager on it before she took off for work. Now my questions are, 1. Why isnt there a recovery app? Like right now I am on my rooted X2 on CM7 and have CM7 recovery as before that I had just had a recovery app (green arrow going in circle) but on my girls INC2, no recovery app appeared after messing with revolutionary. Does that mean I have to power down and volume down+power in oreder to get into recovery and flash a ROM everytime? Or could this be done through ROM manager? Don't know too much about HTC as I am on motorola, trying somthing new but don't want to ruin her phone in the process lol. Thanks for any info in advance. Appreciate all the help I can get.

Sent from My MB870/DROID X2 Running CM7

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
During Rev, you should have got an option saying "Do you want to install CWM Recovery?". If you said yes, you're good to go. If not, you need to download ROM Manager from the market and flash CWM through that.

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Yes I got that message and I said yes. The program on my PC then goes away and the phone goes to Hboot or whatever the recovery is called. I see it says revolutionary at top and S-off but when I reboot phone there is no CWM app. Shouldnt have to power down and then boot everytime correct? I just got confused lol, really not used to HTC.

BeardedB

Oct 3, 2011
New York City
Well it won't matter. As long as you download ROM manager you'll be fine. From ROM manager you'll be able to manage your roms, change names and boot into recovery.

Edit: And if she's not happy with the ROM you put for her, just load up MIUI. I put it on my gfs EVO and she loved the theming and ease of use.

PacerguyDon

Mar 15, 2011
Boise
Once you have a rom that has a 4 way power control, you will be able to go straight to recovery when powering down, or as stated use Rom manager or 4ext recovery control and you can go to recovery from there as stated above.

If your GF doesn't want anything crazy rom wise, there are stock debloated rooted roms available that have the 4 way power option. Check the dev section. Lot of good stuff in there :cool:

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Awesome thanks for the quick replies. Will try flashing somthing as soon as she gets home. I have been looking at MIUI and it does look nice. Even for my X2, looks a bit more stable for her device as apose mine. She's been really liking my CM7 and have been looking at that ROM for the INC2 as well. Looks EXACTLY like my ROM. Except I've read somewhere there is no audio for the videos you record and that sucks cuz my GF really likes recording our son running around doing and saying crazy things hahaha. So if all is well like you guys are saying, now I'm stuck on which ROM to flash. Thanks again for the info, has helped relieve alot of stress for me thinking I had to REDO EVERYTHING! That would suck! lol. So what do you guys think the most stable and best ROM out there for the INC2?

PacerguyDon

Mar 15, 2011
Boise
Cm7, well the latest Kangs have been good. Didn't know about the audio on the vid recording not working though, huh... Nitsuj's stock rom is good if she likes sense, and wants everything to work ;)

My self, I keep Cm7 as a backup on my Sd card, and have been mostly using the Ics builds for the past few months now. I like the newest Aokp release at the moment (27), and have also had good luck with Nitsij's Miui V4. Aeoreven has been doing CM9 build's as well that have been really good too.

The Sense 3.5 roms are nice, and for the most part, everything works.

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Awesome, all sounds great to me. Just going to have to ask her for her opinion now. Thanks alot again, you guys on these forums rock and don't know what I'd do without yall. Will let everyone know how it goes later! Hopefully a nice screenshot! =-)

jeremytn86

Jul 10, 2011
copperhill
Moto G Power
I like sabatoge sense, lot like stock with pretty 3.0 sense parts added into it, and its trouble free like stock. Be sure and wipe everything before you flash a ROM everytime, and I reccomend 4ext recovery over cwm

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

BeardedB

Oct 3, 2011
New York City
Like I said before MIUI but you can also settle down for Mikrunny. The camera is great for your son and she can use the SRS enhancement feature in the music player to have great sound quality. One thing about these sense ROMs though is that they are memory hogs. The Mikrunny ROM comes overclocked to 1.5 (I believe), so it sort of fixes that problem.

jeremytn86

Jul 10, 2011
copperhill
Moto G Power
I use newts stuff a lot (miks runny, inc HD), I find that inc hd ran faster, they both almost run at stock speeds, one thing I found annoying with those roms though is that if u click on a phone number link in a message or web page, Google voice, it would try to dial it but never go through, may be a small issue for some but it really bugged me. I believe its cause its a UK based build. You can listen to everyone suggest and argue but the best thing you can do is make a back up of stock then start flashing and decide for yourself

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Yessss, worked out great. Gotta screenshot but it may look kinda bad cuz I sent it via MMS from the INC2 to my X2. But ended up going with the CM7 for now since her heart was set on the look of mine lol. But thank you again to all for suggestions. Going to be trying all sorts of roms now. MIUI is most likely going to be the next. I explained it to her and she seemed very interested. Need to get in a better wifi spot to get these roms easier. Had to use my X2 to download her rom, place it on PC then onto her SD, talk about alot of bs to go through lol. Again, you guys are awesome on these forums and can't thank you all enough!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330904110669.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330904110669.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330904120250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330904120250.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 53

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Thanks for that chunk of info. CM7 seems pretty solid for her device right now. So I see no reason for another ROM but I'm glad I didn't flash a buggy one off bat. Thanks for the heads up.