Rooting Huawei Ascend P1 U9200

Search This thread

JohnnyParanoia

Mar 20, 2012
Fife
johnnyparanoia.blogspot.co.uk
Good News - New tutorial :)

All Now Fully Working :)

How to install Root and Recovery on Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 for firmware versions up to B110

On MadModder here and Johnny Paranoia's Other Blog here.

Enjoy :)

Updated tutorials for firmware versions B113 and B115

The first is a rooting tutorial here Johnny Paranoia's Other blog or here on MadModder

The second is how to install a recovery image here Johnny Paranoia's Other Blog or here on MadModder

Please leave feedback on my blogs or here so I know if I need to tweak anything.

Thanks

Last edited:

123hero123

Jun 7, 2012
Both tools failed

Hej,

First of all thanks for your great effort, but both tools are failed for me.

1- How to – Root Huawei Ascend P1 – U9200

first restart, it says daemon started successfully but failed on '/data/local/tmp' permission denied. link failed file exist

second restart, adb server is out of date, daemon started successfully, remount failed, failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su' : Read-only file system, Unable to chmod '/system/bin/su' : No such file or directory and same error all for :
'busybox' to '/system/bin/busybox' and
'Superuser.apk' to '/system/bin/Superuser.apk' and
'RootExplorer.apk' to '/system/bin/RootExplorer.apk' and
rm failed for /data/local.prop No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local.tmp Permission denied,

2-How to – Install Recovery on Huawei Ascend P1 – U9200

If you choose phone booted it says that successfully installed but nothing happened just says like that :)
If you choose phone not booted it says that waiting for device(device in debugging usb mode and huawei ascend log on screen) but nothing happen, cant recognize the phone.

If you choose fastboot option it says that waiting for device(device in debugging usb mode and huawei ascend log on screen) but nothing happen, cant recognize the phone.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I installed this firmware U9200-1 V100R001CHNC00B113(China General), it works for me but still I can't use the googleplay. Android market doesn't support my device and If I installed the googleplay.apk manually it auto closed after 2 seconds.

Do you have any idea how can I use android market on Huawei ascend p1. Thanks.

Muckael

Mar 22, 2011
Beijing
123hero123, I have exacly the same result. Also, I realized that the root program is only working on Chinese computers (can you confirm that?), because the cmd.exe does not read the Chinese characters.

Did you do the update? It could be that only the old version is rootable.

It's a very nice phone, bought it for around 400$ but without Google and root it's quite useless right now. Hope that more developers are getting interested in this phone :)

Last edited:

123hero123

Jun 7, 2012
Yes, I installed the new version B113.

JohnnyParanoia shared me the B109 rooted custom rom and it works fine for me, but still can't use the android market, when I installed the googleplay.apk, it is closed after 2 seconds and says that Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped.

123hero123

Jun 7, 2012
With support JohnnyParanoia I can easily installed the B109 rooted custom Rom and flashed the gapps ICS pack, now I can use the googleplay as well.

limestar

May 9, 2006
Hi I just got the P1 in the UK. Is anyone able to write a guide in english and host the files here too?

JohnnyParanoia

Mar 20, 2012
Fife
Reactions: sraman

limestar

May 9, 2006
Hey, Brillllliant. Going to try it on my P1 XL now :)

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Do you by chance have any way to flash the original recovery. The earlier guide you had up flashed a recovery that doesn't work. Just bootloops but I can still use the phone itself.

Reactions: tozden

kobire

Jun 17, 2012

this method does not work on the version: V100R001CHNC00B115

i can't attach link.
copy this:
" 华为Ascend P1固件(U9200-1, Android 4.0,V100R001CHNC00B115, 中国区通用) " to google enter to first link.

what can i do?

thank you.

Last edited:

JohnnyParanoia

Mar 20, 2012
Fife
Version B115

this method does not work on the version: V100R001CHNC00B115

i can't attach link.
copy this:
" 华为Ascend P1固件(U9200-1, Android 4.0,V100R001CHNC00B115, 中国区通用) " to google enter to first link.

what can i do?

thank you.

I think if 123Hero123's experience is anything to go by, then you need to downgrade your firmware first to U9200 V100R001CHNC00B110 available here - Johnny Paranoia - U9200 Firmware list

Then run the root and recovery installer, then upgrade to lesongs B113 Pre-rooted firmware.

As yet there is no rooted B115 firmware out yet.

Hope this helps :)

kobire

Jun 17, 2012
I think if 123Hero123's experience is anything to go by, then you need to downgrade your firmware first to U9200 V100R001CHNC00B110 available here -

Then run the root and recovery installer, then upgrade to lesongs B113 Pre-rooted firmware.

As yet there is no rooted B115 firmware out yet.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your response, i tried to install the version V100R001CHNC00B110 but it failed (Image attached).
By the way, the global firmware V100R001C00B213 also failed.
What should I do?

Attachments

• P6280815.JPG
    P6280815.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 451

JohnnyParanoia

Mar 20, 2012
Fife
Recovery Boot-loop

Do you by chance have any way to flash the original recovery. The earlier guide you had up flashed a recovery that doesn't work. Just bootloops but I can still use the phone itself.

You could either try the new guide but not install the rom to see if it installs a working recovery for you or you could restore your phone to stock (B110) and then use the new guide to root and install recovery that shouldn't boot-loop.

Also what firmware are you currently using?

Last edited:

hadyhosny

Feb 25, 2008
Dear All,

My question might be very silly (please ignore my ignorance), I supposedly have a rooted P1 phone (gave to somebody who supposedly rooted it), when i install superuser from market, or any other application that requires root nothing happen as if i do not have root access...

I tried root checker, it says that i do not have su binary or Sudo (I think Su binary is important)

I tried adb, and using adb shell i was root, this is the hash: "1|root@android:/system/bin #"

I copied su binary (from file Superuser-3.1-alpha1_su-3.1_Busybox-v1.19.4-wraithdu-signed.zip) to system/bin, rebooted, but still nothing happens with superuser.

when i try running su from adb shell the below message occurs:
"/system/bin/sh: su: cannot execute - Permission denied"

when i also tried chown or chmod for su it says permissions denied..... what should i do?

Hady

limestar

May 9, 2006
You could either try the new guide but not install the rom to see if it installs a working recovery for you or you could restore your phone to stock (B110) and then use the new guide to root and install recovery that shouldn't boot-loop.

Also what firmware are you currently using?

Hi,

Version I have is U9200EV100R001CHNCOOB300

It says it's installed the recovery successfully but when I try and enter recover I get the green recovery screen flash up for 1 second and then it reboots.

Will try flashing stock I found on your site.

Last edited:

JohnnyParanoia

Mar 20, 2012
Fife
STOP!

Hi,

Version I have is U9200EV100R001CHNCOOB300

It says it's installed the recovery successfully but when I try and enter recover I get the green recovery screen flash up for 1 second and then it reboots.

Will try flashing stock I found on your site.

STOP!

Don't flash any firmware from my site, you will probably brick your phone :(

Your phone has different firmware to the U9200 Ascend P1.

U9200-E. I think your phone is so new that there is no firmware downloads for it at the moment.

When it becomes available I'll be able to tell you how to re-flash your stock recovery but until then you will need to wait because anything you do is likely to brick your phone because all the firmware and recoveries here are for the U9200-1 and not yours.

***DiMaC***

Mar 23, 2011
Hello all,

I have the same problem as Kobire.

I cannot upgrade or downgrade with my firmware V100R001CHNC00B115, it fails al te time.
It doesn't matter if i use forced updating in recovery mode or software upgrade in menu!!
Therefore i also cannot perform de method for rooting described by JohnnyParanoia .
Maybe one of you can find a solution.

Many thanks for all your hard work helping us.

GRTZ DiMaC

Last edited:

Nixing

Mar 4, 2012
Sofia
neon.forumotion.net
OK, there is no way putting on the rooted ROM if the phone is with B115(Android 4.0.3 as in my case too!). I had tried to downgrade from B115 to B110 via coping the "dload/UPDATE.APP" and updating it from the menu but received the same as kobire's pic - "Version list verify fail!" & "Huawei SD card update fail......".

Is there something major that we are missing or we have to try downgrading to B113 with the same method, or I don't know... Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks for this method JohnnyParanoia and again special thanks for the translation!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on build b103 (Brand new phone)

All I want is to install MIUI

How do i unlock bootloader + install CMW?
    I try to get B113/15, but links are dead (one to two parts of each firmware).

Can someone reupload, or tell me the easiest way to archieve my goal?

Hi, i just want to share my journey with Ascend P1

I'm in Indonesia, when i bought p1 it show b221 firmware. all that i want to do is install custom ROM. but i want to try root it. I use nixing procedure to root it and success. next i want to install CWM. i search in internet and found that i can install CWM touch viva recovery. to install CWM recovery:

1. Download Hi Suite h**p://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4Mzk=
    2. Install it in your Computer
    3. Set up Fastboot and ADB in your computer (for the guide you can follow h**p://www.teamandroid.com/2012/07/30/how-to-set-up-adb-fastboot-with-android-sdk/)
    3. Download ClockworkMod (cwm_touch_recovery_viva_beta.img) in h**p://www.mediafire.com/?pdaj3bohegu0vox and put it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
    4. Put your device in fastboot mode (enable debugging mode in your device and turn off your device. hold volume down and connect usb cable from your computer to your device, if you see huawei logo release volume down)
    5. If you already install Hi Suite then now you see driver for your device (i guest ADB driver) being installed
    6. If the process done the fire up command line
    7. Go to your android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (if you follow team android guide to install android sdk then go to drive D using command D:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and d:)
    8. Type fastboot flash recovery cwm_touch_recovery_viva_beta.img
    9. It will show write process and if it done reboot your device using command fastboot reboot
    10. Your device will reboot. next, if you want to test your CWM recovery you can turn off your device. to enter CWM revovery press and hold volume up + volume down + power button, if your device powered on release your power button. and if you see huawei logo release volume up and volume down button. and you can enjoy CWM

I think if i install CWM recovery, stock recovery is overidden. so i cant flash stock rom back to my device. to flash stock ROM i must flash stock recovery using fastboot. it was similar process to install CWM recovery. to get stock recovery you should get it from stock ROM. Here is step to get stock recovery(i follow guide from johny paranoia blog h**p://madmodder.co.uk/huawei_general/how-to-extract-and-identify-recovery-images-from-most-huawei-firmware.htm)

1. Download latest stock rom h**p://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4ODc=
    2. Download tools nedded Active Perl (h**p://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads), JoeyJiao-split_updata.pl (View attachment split_updata.pl-master.zip)
    3. Install Active Perl, HxD
    4. Extract Extract JoeyJiao-split_updata.pl.zip into folder in your computer
    5. Extract stock ROM and you will find dload folder
    6. Navigate to the ‘dload’ folder and copy the ‘UPDATE.APP’ file to the same folder you have extracted JoeyJiao-split_updata.pl.zip to.
    7. open command promt and navigater to extracted JoeyJiao-split_updata.pl.zip folder
    8. type split_updata.pl UPDATE.APP
    9. you will see extracting process
    10 after extracting data finished in your extracted JoeyJiao-split_updata.pl.zip folder you will find output folder
    11. In output folder you will find unknown_files.11(aprox 5MB) and unknown_files.12(aprox 4 MB)
    12. Rename unknown_files.11 to recovery.img and unknown_files.12 to boot.img
    13. that's it you get stock recovery file

If you want to flash your device back to stock ROM you will need to overide CWM using Stock recovery that you extracted from stock rom. Process to install it is exactly same with installing CWM

1. Put your device in fastboot mode (enable debugging mode in your device and turn off your device. hold volume down and connect usb cable from your computer to your device, if you see huawei logo release volume down)
    2. Copy recovery.img (stock recovery you just extracted using method above) to your android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory
    3. If the process done the fire up command line
    3. Go to your android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (if you follow team android guide to install android sdk then go to drive D using command D:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and d:)
    4. Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    5. It will show write process and if it done reboot your device using command fastboot reboot
    6. Your device will reboot.
    7. Turn Off your Device
    8. Next i recommend you to using blank SD CARD to put stock recovery. assume you have the SD card. put dload folder from extracted stock recovery to the SD card root.
    9. put this SD CARD to your device
    10 Boot into recovery using (press and hold volume up + volume down + power button, if your device powered on release your power button. and if you see huawei logo release volume up and volume down button.)
    11. You will see flashing process and if device reboot you will get back latest stock ROM to your device

Next Thing to do If i back to stock rom is root it but nixing method failed to root this firmware so i use another approach

Android Universal Root from bin4ry -- XDA Developer

How-To:
    1.) Download attached file. from h**p://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460, choose the latest
    2.) Extract it using 7zip in your computer
    3.) Connect your device in ADB mode
    4.) Double click the RunMe.bat and follow instructions!
    5.) Your latest stock ROM finally rooted

Next I want to swap internal and external SD because i use greater External SD than my internal (4GB). If iwant to install many HD Games i will need my sdcard to swapped so i get external SD detected as SDCARD

1.) go to setting -> storage -> Default storage Location
    2.) Choose SD Card
    3.) Reboot your Device

NB: This guide is my personal experience by read many other tutorial. Thanks to Johny Paranoia Guide blog, also for teamandroid blog, and Bin4ry - XDA Developer for root method. Before thy this guide please backup your device data and read carefully.
    Good News - New tutorial :)

All Now Fully Working :)

How to install Root and Recovery on Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 for firmware versions up to B110

On MadModder here and Johnny Paranoia's Other Blog here.

Enjoy :)

Updated tutorials for firmware versions B113 and B115

The first is a rooting tutorial here Johnny Paranoia's Other blog or here on MadModder

The second is how to install a recovery image here Johnny Paranoia's Other Blog or here on MadModder

Please leave feedback on my blogs or here so I know if I need to tweak anything.

Thanks
    Rooting Ascend P1 U9200 B315 EUI1.5 JB v4.1.1

Anyone wanting to root there new firmware update here are the files...

you must run them as administrator

1. Download the files below.

2. Extract

3. Run the Click-To-Root-U9200.bat (As Administrator)

4. Reboot your fone clicking yes on your fone to install SuperUser

that's it, your rooted :)

for those wanting to do the commands there self...

1. Extract them to C:\U9200Root\
    2. adb reboot bootloader
    3. fastboot boot TWRP.img
    4. restart you fone clicking yes to install SuperUser

PS if youve not got much space left in your system partition you may have to delete something from system/app/ to make space for the SuperUser files.
    REMEMBER the space reported on your fone by android is the space on your data partition and not the system!
    You can check how much system data etc space you have left from the TWRP recovery which you will have just installed.To do this, Reboot the fone holding the Vol. Up Button, click on advanced then terminal then type "df" without quotes if system partition is less than say 10-20mb free then delete maybe chrome.apk, GSM_Maps.apk or the like, then reinstall them to the /data/ part later. Since many of these apks get updated and the old ones left undeleted in /system/app/ anyways, I always delete the non system apks or replace them in /system/app/ with the updated versions in data/app after I update everything in google play, makes things a lot tidier and saves a lot of space both in /data and /system.
    Anyways hope I helped someone with this...

cheers John -G-

PS Please Click on Thanks to Thank me as i have 0 in my Thanks Meter :( lol

PS If anyone thinks I should start a new topic with this let me know and I will...
    I successfully managed to upgrade to B219 from B103 and rooted it.

As ALWAYS, AT YOUR OWN RISK. And READ the post to the end before you start !!
    I did this without any problems.

I had to find a way to come around the upgrade check that made upgrade from DLOAD impossible.
    On my rooted B103 I edited /system/build.prop and changed every reference to B103 to B219. Be sure to make a copy, as always, of everything you change.
    I've used Root Explorer.
    Make a copy of /system/build.prop. Edit every reference to the firmware at the end of build.prop.
    Here's mine.

ro.product.board=U9200
    ro.confg.hw_systemversion=U9200-1V100R001C00B213_SYSTEM
    ro.build.display.id=U9200-1V100R001C00B213
    ro.product.model=U9200
    ro.product.brand=Huawei
    ro.build.tags=ota-rel-keys,release-keys
    ro.product.manufacturer=HUAWEI
    ro.product.name=U9200
    ro.product.device=hwu9200
    ro.build.id=HuaweiU9200
    ro.build.version.incremental=C00B213
    ro.build.description=U9200-user 4.0.3 HuaweiU9200 C00B213 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U9200/hwu9200:4.0.3/HuaweiU9200/C00B213:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

Make sure the new build.prop has the same permissions as the original one.

Download B219 from here:
    http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=index&type=software

Unpack the zip and copy the DLOAD dir to an external microSD card.

Make sure you have turned of Fastboot under settings.
    Also make sure you have enabled USB-debugging.
    Turn off the phone.
    Boot by holding down Volume+ and Volume- and then press the Power button.
    Release the Power Button when you see the Huawei logo on the screen.
    A few secons later, release the Volume buttons.
    Now you shall she the update begins.

ROOT.
    Donwload the attched file unlockbootloader-P1D1.ZIP and rename it to EXE
    Be sure USB-debugging is on.
    Connect the phone to the pc wiith the cable. (Phone on)
    Make sure you have the correct drivers. Check earlier postings how to get adb-driver.
    Run unlockbootloaderP1D1.exe and choose ROOT.
    After a few seconds it's rooted. Check if you got the Superuser app.

I noticed that the lowest screen timeout in B103 was 30 sec. In B219 it's 15.
    I also noticed that the boot ani has changed from a red animation to a android text animation at boot. This, I think is due to the /cust/roadhound dir.
    In B219 there is a dir called au where the ani is.
    In B103 the roadhound is absent but there is normal dir with a dir called europe.
    I need to fool around a bit to check how I can get the ani from B103 to B219.

Attached is my edited build.prop I used in B103 to force flashing of B219.

EDIT. After this you have stock recovery. You can use the earlier mentioned(in thread) the touch recovery to make a nandroid backup.