• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rooting Oneplus 7T Pro

Search This thread

slapman

Sep 20, 2011
Temple Terrace
OnePlus 7T Pro
No carrier unlocked Oneplus 7T Pro

To make this simple will the international Oneplus 7T Pro phone function properly on T-Mobile? Is there anybody with a Oneplus 7T Pro on the T-Mobile variant, is it working correctly? I'm wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing this phone? I'd hate to have to return it. :confused:

HolyChickenGuy

Jul 30, 2017
www.instagram.com
OnePlus 7T Pro
To make this simple will the international Oneplus 7T Pro phone function properly on T-Mobile? Is there anybody with a Oneplus 7T Pro on the T-Mobile variant, is it working correctly? I'm wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing this phone? I'd hate to have to return it. :confused:
People need to stop asking the same question over and over again. Literally read the comment above this one for your answer

OnePlus 7T Pro

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
I expect to get mine soon, and expect it to work just fine after having T-Mobile activate a SIM card.

pbman1953

Dec 1, 2012
Boston
HI All,

By tomorrow, I'll be a newbie owner of the 7T Pro. I haven't rooted since my Note 4, so what are the pros and cons on rooting it. I'm coming
from a Pixel 2 XL so should I simply live with it stock for a while ? Or go right for it.

Thanks for any advice

HolyChickenGuy

Jul 30, 2017
www.instagram.com
OnePlus 7T Pro
HI All,

By tomorrow, I'll be a newbie owner of the 7T Pro. I haven't rooted since my Note 4, so what are the pros and cons on rooting it. I'm coming
from a Pixel 2 XL so should I simply live with it stock for a while ? Or go right for it.

Thanks for any advice
Unlock the bootloader asap. Then if you decide to root or not u can do it without resetting ur phone. Anyways there are many cool benefits to rooting such at theming. Only negatives I know is the wildvine level goes to L3

OnePlus 7T Pro

slapman

Sep 20, 2011
Temple Terrace
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi, does anyone know how to fix Your device is corrupt it can't be trusted and will not boot. I can't get it into bootloader pc will not recognize it I tried powering off the screen it just goes black and then it just comes back and forth to the same message. Please help me this is a brand new phone I just got it not even two days ago.:confused::(:eek::mad::(

Last edited:

ask77

Feb 27, 2011
Agra, India
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, does anyone know how to fix Your device is corrupt it can't be trusted and will not boot. I can't get it into bootloader pc will not recognize it I tried powering off the screen it just goes black and then it just comes back and forth to the same message. Please help me this is a brand new phone I just got it not even two days ago.:confused::(:eek::mad::(

This will wipe your internal storage
Try This
https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t-pro/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-7t-pro-t3991189
or if it does not work this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t-pro/how-to/op7tpro-unbrick-tool-to-restore-device-t4002909

slapman

Sep 20, 2011
Temple Terrace
OnePlus 7T Pro

HI, thanks so much for the info. I was able to get it running with MSM tools from the second link you provided coming from Samsung I had no clue about edl pressing volume down and up, but I'm learning now just got to get the hang of rooting. I have an All In One Tool just have to do some research on how to use it before I go this all over again. Thank you very much for your help. Never Settle!!

Reactions: ask77

krishna442

Feb 12, 2014
Hyderabad
Sorry, had to ask because I'm returning to forums after a long time,

OnePlus still considers to provide warranty for rooted devices and custom ROM flashed devices?

Thanks.

beaverhead

Nov 29, 2013

OnePlus still considers to provide warranty for rooted devices and custom ROM flashed devices?

Thanks.
yes. no problems with warranty with rootes devices. before my 7tpro i had the 5t and i send hem back for reparition and that was not a problem. rooted and custom rom on it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1913 met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you make a guide how to root?thxs

Just right now I'm busy migrating from my old phone. So not a complete guide for now but some steps and hints. I'm not responsible for bricks and explosions ;)

1.) Get the original boot.img
    2.) Copy boot.img to your internal storage
    3.) Patch boot.img on your phone with Magisk Manager. Make sure you have advanced settings "Preserve force encryption" and "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" ticked!
    4.) Copy patched boot image to your PC
    5.) Get adb: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    6.) Unlock your bootloader following this guide for the OnePlus 7 Pro (only steps 1 and 2): https://www.xda-developers.com/unlock-bootloader-root-oneplus-7-pro/
    7.) Follow instructions here to install Magisk. Use your own patched boot image! Do not use the ones posted there.

Keep in mind that you should turn off auto reboot after update in your system settings. You probably want to copy the downloaded ota image from your /.ota folder to another location for further use because it will be deleted after the update applied and a reboot is done. More important you will have to use Magisk Manager and choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" before you reboot after an update was applied.
    Excellent guide posted on page three for rooting OnePlus 7T pro by ktp1976

.) Get the original boot.img
    2.) Copy boot.img to your internal storage
    3.) Patch boot.img on your phone with Magisk Manager. Make sure you have advanced settings "Preserve force encryption" and "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" ticked!
    4.) Copy patched boot image to your PC
    5.) Get adb: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    6.) Unlock your bootloader following this guide for the OnePlus 7 Pro (only steps 1 and 2): https://www.xda-developers.com/unlock-bootloader-root-oneplus-7-pro/
    7.) Follow instructions here to install Magisk. Use your own patched boot image! Do not use the ones posted there.

Keep in mind that you should turn off auto reboot after update in your system settings. You probably want to copy the downloaded ota image from your /.ota folder to another location for further use because it will be deleted after the update applied and a reboot is done. More important you will have to use Magisk Manager and choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" before you reboot after an update was applied

Thanks.
    yes. no problems with warranty with rootes devices. before my 7tpro i had the 5t and i send hem back for reparition and that was not a problem. rooted and custom rom on it.

I am looking for the full zip, not the incremental (ota) because you cannot extract payload on incremental, only full. That is if ask77 has the full zip or just incremental.
    Also, which version are on? If you extracted the boot image from 10.0.3, please upload it, I'd like to have it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CclwfMThJSplakSDP_QnAoTf2zLbxkce/view?usp=sharing

here is the boot image from 10.0.03 - haven't been able to root it yet tho
    OTA updates work but you have to download full OTA instead of just incremental update . Also uninstall any magisk modules before updating and patch with magisk before reboot.