Rooting Oneplus 7T Pro

Search This thread

ktp1976

Jun 11, 2012
Frankfurt a. M.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CclwfMThJSplakSDP_QnAoTf2zLbxkce/view?usp=sharing

here is the boot image from 10.0.03 - haven't been able to root it yet tho
Have you tried patching the boot image from Magisk Manager with the following advanced settings?
- Preserve force encryption
- Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity

if it still doesn't work that way, what happens when you flash the unpatched extracted boot image? does the phone boot up normal then?

Reactions: JuStar

HolyChickenGuy

Jul 30, 2017
www.instagram.com
OnePlus 7T Pro
have you tried patching the boot image from magisk manager with the following advanced settings?
- preserve force encryption
- preserve avb 2.0/dm-verity

if it still doesn't work that way, what happens when you flash the unpatched extracted boot image? Does the phone boot up normal then?

no ****ing way u did it you son of a b*** it booted!!! Ty so much!

Reactions: JuStar and ktp1976

ktp1976

Jun 11, 2012
Frankfurt a. M.
no ****ing way u did it you son of a b*** it booted!!! Ty so much!
So you have root now? nice :D
I have to admit, that I just took the advice from another thread you started over in the Magisk section. There was an edited answer from @Udzi here. So credit goes to him.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I couldn't resist. Now I have Magisk permanent and working. Thanks for beeing my guinea pig @HolyChickenGuy and thanks for the boot.img! Awesome.

Last edited:

beaverhead

Nov 29, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So you have root now? nice :D
I have to admit, that I just took the advice from another thread you started over in the Magisk section. There was an edited answer from @Udzi here. So credit goes to him.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I couldn't resist. Now I have Magisk permanent and working. Thanks for beeing my guinea pig @HolyChickenGuy and thanks for the boot.img! Awesome.
can you make a guide how to root?thxs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1913 met Tapatalk

ktp1976

Jun 11, 2012
Frankfurt a. M.

Just right now I'm busy migrating from my old phone. So not a complete guide for now but some steps and hints. I'm not responsible for bricks and explosions ;)

1.) Get the original boot.img
2.) Copy boot.img to your internal storage
3.) Patch boot.img on your phone with Magisk Manager. Make sure you have advanced settings "Preserve force encryption" and "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" ticked!
4.) Copy patched boot image to your PC
5.) Get adb: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
6.) Unlock your bootloader following this guide for the OnePlus 7 Pro (only steps 1 and 2): https://www.xda-developers.com/unlock-bootloader-root-oneplus-7-pro/
7.) Follow instructions here to install Magisk. Use your own patched boot image! Do not use the ones posted there.

Keep in mind that you should turn off auto reboot after update in your system settings. You probably want to copy the downloaded ota image from your /.ota folder to another location for further use because it will be deleted after the update applied and a reboot is done. More important you will have to use Magisk Manager and choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" before you reboot after an update was applied.

HolyChickenGuy

Jul 30, 2017
www.instagram.com
OnePlus 7T Pro
Yes but I'm not on 10.0.3 I'm on 10.0.0 and there is no ota available for me. Not sure what's confusing to understand here? Im just trying to find the link to the ota as clearly it hasn't rolled out to me or my friend in the UK yet.
Got you covered too, I also made a thread about how to extract the boot image from your current software. No ota required, I'll edit that thread too with how to patch the image without getting Qualcomm crash dump mode

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro

Reactions: fma965

slapman

Excellent guide posted on page three for rooting OnePlus 7T pro by ktp1976

.) Get the original boot.img
3.) Patch boot.img on your phone with Magisk Manager. Make sure you have advanced settings "Preserve force encryption" and "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" ticked!
6.) Unlock your bootloader following this guide for the OnePlus 7 Pro (only steps 1 and 2): https://www.xda-developers.com/unlock-bootloader-root-oneplus-7-pro/
7.) Follow instructions here to install Magisk. Use your own patched boot image! Do not use the ones posted there.

Keep in mind that you should turn off auto reboot after update in your system settings. You probably want to copy the downloaded ota image from your /.ota folder to another location for further use because it will be deleted after the update applied and a reboot is done. More important you will have to use Magisk Manager and choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" before you reboot after an update was applied

Hi I'm new to this thread I've just upgraded from a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to a factory unlocked Oneplus 7t Pro HD1910
which I'm going to use with t-Mobile as well. I'm familiar with the rooting process but just for the Samsung phones which I've been using for quite a few years, Oneplus is a whole new world for me. My question is where can I locate, extract and back up the stock boot.img in case I run into a problem like I've read a few users have encountered. How would I be able to get it to work with T-Mobile will it just work by inserting a sim card? is there a firmware for T-Mobile like SamMobile has for Samsung? I apologize for being such a nooby. Any help would be appreciated thanks. :eek::)

HolyChickenGuy

Jul 30, 2017
www.instagram.com
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi I'm new to this thread I've just upgraded from a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to a factory unlocked Oneplus 7t Pro HD1910

which I'm going to use with t-Mobile as well. I'm familiar with the rooting process but just for the Samsung phones which I've been using for quite a few years, Oneplus is a whole new world for me. My question is where can I locate, extract and back up the stock boot.img in case I run into a problem like I've read a few users have encountered. How would I be able to get it to work with T-Mobile will it just work by inserting a sim card? is there a firmware for T-Mobile like SamMobile has for Samsung? I apologize for being such a nooby. Any help would be appreciated thanks. :eek::)
Samsung is bad. Just unlock it, boot the boot image and install magisk, reboot and ur done

OnePlus 7T Pro

slapman

Samsung is bad. Just unlock it, boot the boot image and install magisk, reboot and ur done

OnePlus 7T Pro

Oh wow ok, I'm receiving my phone on Friday so after unlocking, booting the image installing magisk and rebooting I understand but what about T-mobile my phone is Factory unlocked no carrier variant so just by inserting the SIM card I'll have T-Mobile fully functional? Sorry to be a pain. Or I guess when I actually have my phone I'll be able to find out. Thank you for the quick response.

HolyChickenGuy

Jul 30, 2017
www.instagram.com
OnePlus 7T Pro
Oh wow ok, I'm receiving my phone on Friday so after unlocking, booting the image installing magisk and rebooting I understand but what about T-mobile my phone is Factory unlocked no carrier variant so just by inserting the SIM card I'll have T-Mobile fully functional? Sorry to be a pain. Or I guess when I actually have my phone I'll be able to find out. Thank you for the quick response.

To activate ur sim you first need to do the unholy Samsung ritual. Just kidding, I don't know why you would need software to use ur sim card. It should just work like any other sim

OnePlus 7T Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just right now I'm busy migrating from my old phone. So not a complete guide for now but some steps and hints. I'm not responsible for bricks and explosions ;)

1.) Get the original boot.img

Keep in mind that you should turn off auto reboot after update in your system settings. You probably want to copy the downloaded ota image from your /.ota folder to another location for further use because it will be deleted after the update applied and a reboot is done. More important you will have to use Magisk Manager and choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" before you reboot after an update was applied.
    Excellent guide posted on page three for rooting OnePlus 7T pro by ktp1976

.) Get the original boot.img

Keep in mind that you should turn off auto reboot after update in your system settings. You probably want to copy the downloaded ota image from your /.ota folder to another location for further use because it will be deleted after the update applied and a reboot is done. More important you will have to use Magisk Manager and choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" before you reboot after an update was applied
    Sorry, had to ask because I'm returning to forums after a long time,

OnePlus still considers to provide warranty for rooted devices and custom ROM flashed devices?

Thanks.
    yes. no problems with warranty with rootes devices. before my 7tpro i had the 5t and i send hem back for reparition and that was not a problem. rooted and custom rom on it.

I am looking for the full zip, not the incremental (ota) because you cannot extract payload on incremental, only full. That is if ask77 has the full zip or just incremental.
    Also, which version are on? If you extracted the boot image from 10.0.3, please upload it, I'd like to have it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CclwfMThJSplakSDP_QnAoTf2zLbxkce/view?usp=sharing

here is the boot image from 10.0.03 - haven't been able to root it yet tho
    OTA updates work but you have to download full OTA instead of just incremental update . Also uninstall any magisk modules before updating and patch with magisk before reboot.