Question Rooting possible? Oneplus 10 pro 5G/10T 5G

Search This thread

[email protected]

May 27, 2016
toronto
Samsung Galaxy S8
Best choice going forward. Least bloated phone availible in the us at least. Be sure to avoid the verizen model. Att, tmobile etc are fine, but for instant bootloader unlock be sure to buy it completly carrier unlocked. The only thing we're missing is twrp, but most roms have their own recovery anyway
oops i forgot to mention that i live in ontario, canada and the phone is available through my carrier -- koodomobile.com (sub brand of telus). Buying it carrier unlocked in canada costs $649 for black friday but I am not sure if the google pixel 7 is already unlocked and is available through the carrier. I will ask tomorrow.

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
Sadly OnePlus took many steps back in terms of being root-friendly. In North America, Google is really your only option for a 2022 phone, maybe the oddball Moto option, but that's about it.

I'd happily take OnePlus over Pixel if I could run LineageOS on one, but can't, unless I trade my P7 for a OP9. Thanks, Oppo for destroying a root-friendly brand and turning it into a generic Chinese smartphone OEM.

Even the non-US/Canada S22 has TWRP, custom kernels, and even a few ROMs, but the OP10Pro has none. A year back the OP9/Pro had everything.

The OnePlus 9 series is the new Huawei P30 series: the last of it's kind. Except that unlike Huawei, OnePlus' downfall is its own making.

Reactions: g96818

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Sadly OnePlus took many steps back in terms of being root-friendly. In North America, Google is really your only option for a 2022 phone, maybe the oddball Moto option, but that's about it.

I'd happily take OnePlus over Pixel if I could run LineageOS on one, but can't, unless I trade my P7 for a OP9. Thanks, Oppo for destroying a root-friendly brand and turning it into a generic Chinese smartphone OEM.

Even the non-US/Canada S22 has TWRP, custom kernels, and even a few ROMs, but the OP10Pro has none. A year back the OP9/Pro had everything.

The OnePlus 9 series is the new Huawei P30 series: the last of it's kind. Except that unlike Huawei, OnePlus' downfall is its own making.
Do it at your own risk.

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
Do it at your own risk.
Installing a GSI on a OnePlus device is too dangerous IMHO. If I brick, I'm screwed. If I want to go back to stock, I need to get hold of an Oppo tech if I brick.

And if the warranty is over and you brick, you are toast, whereas even a Nexus 4 has its stock ROMs still available.

On a Pixel, I can flash stock using just Chrome. While OP hardware still has tons of appeal to me, the compromises have become too much to make it not worth it, not to mention no custom ROMS for the OP10Pro/T.

Back in 2020, the Pixel 5 was a dud so I bought a OnePlus 8 off Swappa instead. Now OP is tanking themselves, making Samsung, yes Samsung (outside US/Canada) great in comparison.

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Installing a GSI on a OnePlus device is too dangerous IMHO. If I brick, I'm screwed. If I want to go back to stock, I need to get hold of an Oppo tech if I brick.

And if the warranty is over and you brick, you are toast, whereas even a Nexus 4 has its stock ROMs still available.

On a Pixel, I can flash stock using just Chrome. While OP hardware still has tons of appeal to me, the compromises have become too much to make it not worth it, not to mention no custom ROMS for the OP10Pro/T.

Back in 2020, the Pixel 5 was a dud so I bought a OnePlus 8 off Swappa instead. Now OP is tanking themselves, making Samsung, yes Samsung (outside US/Canada) great in comparison.
That's why i said use at your own risk. besides, you never specified what kind of lineageos.

[email protected]

May 27, 2016
toronto
Samsung Galaxy S8

Funny you should say that, I was considering buying oneplus 9 for black friday yesterday but that sale ended. It was from their official store but I dont know if it can be bootloader unlocked if bought within Canada. So I didnt :(

Twilightsparklez

Oct 9, 2022
oops i forgot to mention that i live in ontario, canada and the phone is available through my carrier -- koodomobile.com (sub brand of telus). Buying it carrier unlocked in canada costs $649 for black friday but I am not sure if the google pixel 7 is already unlocked and is available through the carrier. I will ask tomorrow.
Idk about carries in canada, but i think they're less restrictive then the us ones.don't take my word for it though. I wish i lived abnywhere else then stupid america lanc of the free only if you're
no one cares about your opinion. i don't give a sh!t about efuse, just performance.
Nobody asked for your opinion either. If you want to buy for preformance and don't care for technology freedom buy samsung

[email protected]

May 27, 2016
toronto
Samsung Galaxy S8
Idk about carries in canada, but i think they're less restrictive then the us ones.don't take my word for it though. I wish i lived abnywhere else then stupid america lanc of the free only if you're

Nobody asked for your opinion either. If you want to buy for preformance and don't care for technology freedom buy samsung
I have a SM-G950W I didnt know beforehand when I bought this phone in 2017 that the bootloader is locked for samsung phones with variant ending in W... and I was incredibly dissapointed..

slapman

Sep 20, 2011
Tampa, FL
OnePlus 7T Pro
Okay there's one thing I don't understand, this a forum for OnePlus 10 Pro in which owners of this phone come to ask help for their devices, correct. Instead we get bombarded with rants and info that hasn't anything to do with our phone. Yes I understand you can give a suggestion or opinion but this forum should be for this phone only. So please if you don't have a solution to the problem don't post about other phones unless the info can be helpful to fix our phone. We need solutions for the phone we have which is OnePlus 10 Pro. Now it's not my intention to offend anyone but I find it frustrating when I need a solution and I come to the thread and all I read is about other phones. I purchased a OnePlus 10 Pro NE2210 and I'm looking for info for any situation than can occur when I convert it to Global or EU. I want to be prepared in case I have any problems. Have a great day.

[email protected]

May 27, 2016
toronto
Samsung Galaxy S8
Okay there's one thing I don't understand, this a forum for OnePlus 10 Pro in which owners of this phone come to ask help for their devices, correct. Instead we get bombarded with rants and info that hasn't anything to do with our phone. Yes I understand you can give a suggestion or opinion but this forum should be for this phone only. So please if you don't have a solution to the problem don't post about other phones unless the info can be helpful to fix our phone. We need solutions for the phone we have which is OnePlus 10 Pro. Now it's not my intention to offend anyone but I find it frustrating when I need a solution and I come to the thread and all I read is about other phones. I purchased a OnePlus 10 Pro NE2210 and I'm looking for info for any situation than can occur when I convert it to Global or EU. I want to be prepared in case I have any problems. Have a great day.
I didnt post my reply in this section or subforum, it was moved from the general section by an administrator. I'm not stupid to understand what your saying within the first few words. Thank YOU very much

Twilightsparklez

Oct 9, 2022
thsts cool im going to get my pixel 7 today wish me luck. Is there anyway software versions that i need to search for ? like which model specifically ... in the about phone section ...
If you need any help, read through the pixel 7 xda forum. There's a.root guide that's pretty descriptive. Be sure to patch init boot. The only way i know how to check for possibility on bootloader unlock how oem unlocking looks. If its grey, update and factory reset. If its still grey there might be an issue you'd contact your carrier for. It the most likely case is its not grey from the start. In that case just flip it on and follow the rooting guide on the forum

[email protected]

May 27, 2016
toronto
Samsung Galaxy S8
If you need any help, read through the pixel 7 xda forum. There's a.root guide that's pretty descriptive. Be sure to patch init boot. The only way i know how to check for possibility on bootloader unlock how oem unlocking looks. If its grey, update and factory reset. If its still grey there might be an issue you'd contact your carrier for. It the most likely case is its not grey from the start. In that case just flip it on and follow the rooting guide on the forum
What if its carrier locked ? then in that case..ill just return it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    skip oneplus. it's not worth the hassle. buy a s22 or pixel instead
    Motorola is a Chinese company as well. Owned by Lenovo.
    They're trying to get back into business though. OnePlus is doing a Huawei..

Motorola isn't quite there yet so and won't be for a while
    Get the Motorola p90 pro.

I'd even look at the nothing phone 1 if you could get it, looks great, uses a 788 SOC I think, plus it's cheap and that glyph lighting is brilliant.

Rooting shouldn't be a problem but there won't be many if any custom ROMs.

The pixel 6 does have a couple of custom ROMs but they're far and few between the days.

I couldn't recommend a Sammy device as the bloat and weird convaluted OS is just horrific.
    Yeah, if that's all you're looking for, go for the Motorola or go a bit older and get yourself a OPlus 8Pro. The 8Pro is almost the same phone as the 10Pro but able to be rooted without the DRM attestation issue.
    I sold my 8 pro with Evo X on it, running perfectly with the photochrom camera etc.. Perfect custom ROM and performance...

I miss it now. Epic phone the 8 pro