Rooting problems

Search This thread

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
The OP wanted to install the Debloated rom @Pretoriano80. This was in spite of me stating he should install rbox 6.2.7.1. Purely for this reason (unable to update)
Nobody was messing with anything mate. I simply advised the OP but it's his stick at the end of the day, I understand he was wanting to install one of your addons, again I advised he should learn and get the basics done beforehand
The OP is clearly messing with things that (when someone reads this thread from the beginning) at some point are confusing even for an advanced user.
I know that you are trying to help him, so don't get me wrong, but sometimes things must be learned with baby steps and feeding him all these infos at the same time doesn't seem to help. :D

My points are :

- Why installing the pre-rooted (and obsolete) rom when it's so easy to install and maintain Magisk separately (and learn how Magisk works on FireTV)?

- The debloated rom might be useful after the user gained some experience and knows what he/she need on the FireTV and what not (even if afaik the maintainer doesn't provide any detailed info about what was removed)

- I would advise the OP to start with the latest full stock firmware, set the FireTV as he like and then to backup everything with TWRP (and save the backup to an external storage).
After this messing with advanced stuff will be easier and safer, that's granted.

Reactions: stefss

stefss

Aug 19, 2015
If you want to get past that screen yeah.
I done the same thing last week and tried to install 6.2.7.3 debloated primarily and got stuck where you are.......
You have to install full 6.2.7.1 rom first,
Complete registration,
Let all ota updates finish
Reboot to twrp,
Then flash 6.2.7.3
Reboot
Enable adb/unknown sources/permissions
Disable ota

Reboot

Profit
Ok, right now i download link u give in post *18.
I will update all, and later go on twrp and install 6.2.7.3 from twrp?
But, when i do this, how to disable ota and everything if i cant go to adb?

stefss

Aug 19, 2015
The OP is clearly messing with things that (when someone reads this thread from the beginning) at some point are confusing even for an advanced user.
I know that you are trying to help him, so don't get me wrong, but sometimes things must be learned with baby steps and feeding him all these infos at the same time doesn't seem to help. :D

My points are :

- Why installing the pre-rooted (and obsolete) rom when it's so easy to install and maintain Magisk separately (and learn how Magisk works on FireTV)?

- The debloated rom might be useful after the user gained some experience and knows what he/she need on the FireTV and what not (even if afaik the maintainer doesn't provide any detailed info about what was removed)

- I would advise the OP to start with the latest full stock firmware, set the FireTV as he like and then to backup everything with TWRP (and save the backup to an external storage).
After this messing with advanced stuff will be easier and safer, that's granted.
The problem is i cant find stock rom i dont save backup before. I can find only roms in this forum.

My points are :

@Pretoriano80 All what info's? I'm explaining in as basic form as I can. There is language barrier for one, and it is difficult at times to relay instructions as intended via forums.
I'm not particularly advanced myself when it comes to these processes. The guy had a problem installing a rom. I offered some advice and sat all day yesterday explaining the processes.
First the process of adb
Then process of twrp
I tried to explain to ignore ATV Addons / Magisk addons until he had learned the basics.
The OP had trouble pushing/transferring the rom to the stick (it turned out the otg cable was plugged in whole time).

Why install prerooted? Because the OP is obviously struggling with basic processes, ie pushing roms / enabling permissions and terminal commands so a prerooted rom would have been simpler for him to do IMO

The OP HIMSELF wanted firstly to install your magisk addon and secondly to install skels rom and that was in direct conflict of my advice, hence why he was stuck on update screen. I suggested the prerooted mantis from rbox as opposed to him installing the full stock and then rooting which would have probably landed him in more of a muddle at this stage. I don't know

Back to the matter at hand, I'll let you take over from here as you're obviously better clued up than I am in respect of advice given

Last edited:

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
@Pretoriano80 All what info's? I'm explaining in as basic form as I can. There is language barrier for one, and it is difficult at times to relay instructions as intended via forums.
I'm not particularly advanced myself when it comes to these processes. The guy had a problem installing a rom. I offered some advice and sat all day yesterday explaining the processes.
First the process of adb
Then process of twrp
I tried to explain to ignore ATV Addons / Magisk addons until he had learned the basics.
The OP had trouble pushing/transferring the rom to the stick (it turned out the otg cable was plugged in whole time).

Why install prerooted? Because the OP is obviously struggling with basic processes, ie pushing roms / enabling permissions and terminal commands so a prerooted rom would have been simpler for him to do IMO The OP himself wanted to install skels rom and that was in conflict of my advice, hence why he was stuck on update screen. I suggested the prerooted mantis from rbox as opposed to him installing the full stock and then rooting which would have probably landed him in more of a muddle at this stage. I don't know

Back to the matter at hand, I'll let you take over from here as you're obviously better clued up than I am in respect of advice given
Relax mate, why are you taking it personally? Nobody told you that you did something wrong.
I only asked why going one route when there's another one, safer and just as simple.

I don't know why you consider installing the pre-rooted as being simpler than installing stock + Magisk, the latter only require one more step, installing Magisk.

And again my opinion is not mandatory, and you may disagree with it, so don't take it personally. That's all!

stefss

Aug 19, 2015
Hmm, maybe i have real problem now.
Firestick just show black screen and i cant wake up him until i dont remove power plug.
Its start to become earlier when i have be in ADB, but i was think it was because its powered from usb.
Now its not and just become black screen.
Maybe it will fix when i assemble firestick?
Maybe its because on my motnitor its first time i use this on my monitor.
I dont want to assemble firestick until i be sure that i set everything ok.

Last edited:

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Hmm, maybe i have real problem now.
Firestick just show black screen and i cant wake up him until i dont remove power plug.
Its start to become earlier when i have be in ADB, but i was think it was because its powered from usb.
Now its not and just become black screen.
Maybe it will fix when i assemble firestick?
I dont want to assemble firestick until i be sure that i set everything ok.
How did you get to this "black screen" and what "black screen" means, the one with the FireTV logo?

Not a good idea to use it when the hardware it's all exposed, with no cover.

Relax mate, why are you taking it personally? Nobody told you that you did something wrong.
I only asked why going one route when there's another one, safer and just as simple.

I don't know why you consider installing the pre-rooted as being simpler than installing stock + Magisk, the latter only require one more step, installing Magisk.

And again my opinion is not mandatory, and you may disagree with it, so don't take it personally. That's all!
No taking it personally mate, it's just frustrating trying to help people sometimes as things can become misconstrued/misportrayed and misinterpreted by both the OP and others looking in. I didn think of the stock way you suggest at that moment in time or I would've suggested it. But either way stef the OP was hellbent on Skel40 Debloated rom so none of that really matters now.

No probs mate all good

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
No taking it personally mate, it's just frustrating trying to help people sometimes as things can become misconstrued/misportrayed and misinterpreted by both the OP and others looking in. I didn think of the stock way you suggest at that moment in time or I would've suggested it. But either way stef the OP was hellbent on Skel40 Debloated rom so none of that really matters now.

No probs mate all good
I saw that you spent the whole day with him and i know that it frustrating when people seem to ignore simple guidelines. ;)

stefss

Aug 19, 2015
What i decide to do is:
6.2.7.6. stock rom with installed kernels to enable ntfs and exfat and later custom launcher and thats it, i dont have time and nerve to do anything else.
But, right now i am trying to install: boot mantis 6.2.7.6.r1.zip
But i have error: Zip file is corrupt.
How to disable digest? I am not sure what to do in options.
1.jpg
2.jpg

What i decide to do is:
6.2.7.6. stock rom with installed kernels to enable ntfs and exfat and later custom launcher and thats it, i dont have time and nerve to do anything else.
But, right now i am trying to install: boot mantis 6.2.7.6.r1.zip
But i have error: Zip file is corrupt.
How to disable digest? I am not sure what to do in options.
View attachment 5148663View attachment 5148665
adb push 6.2.7.6 to /sdcard again , go back to twrp honescreen and then try install.

I don't know what's happening and how your zips are corrupted.

Please make sure you are giving the file time to push to the stick /sdcard. Ie WAIT for terminal/adb to say file is pushed.
It will say eg.. amazon-6.2.7.6.622279 89870kb pushed in 210s
Sometimes it looks as though the zip has pushed because it shows as present on twrp but not all the data of the zip has been sent.

Last edited:

stefss

Aug 19, 2015
I make big mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I forget to install magisk again when i install boot mantis.
What to do now?
Do i must open with alu foil again?

stefss

Aug 19, 2015
thank you, its ok now, you saved me!
But i go to magisk and to modules, and i cant find AFTV4k_Selinux_Magisk_Module.zip ?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
thank you, its ok now, you saved me!
But i go to magisk and to modules, and i cant find AFTV4k_Selinux_Magisk_Module.zip ?
You need to download it first, lol!
Then you go in Magisk Manager - > Modules - > Install from storage and choose the module to install.

P. S. You should really educate yourself (learn) about how Magisk and Magisk modules work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to say than you to everyone who try to help me!!!
    Bertonumber1 Thank you!
    Pretoriano80 Thank you!
    0815hoffi Thank you!
    Sus_i Thank you!
    First the process of adb
    Then process of twrp

Why install prerooted? Because the OP is obviously struggling with basic processes, ie pushing roms / enabling permissions and terminal commands so a prerooted rom would have been simpler for him to do IMO The OP himself wanted to install skels rom and that was in conflict of my advice, hence why he was stuck on update screen. I suggested the prerooted mantis from rbox as opposed to him installing the full stock and then rooting which would have probably landed him in more of a muddle at this stage. I don't know

But how to flash via twrp if i cant see twrp?
    And how to flash apps with twrp?
    I download zip on firestick, but what to do next?
    What i exactly need to write in adb?
    adb devices and the adb reboot recovery?
    I want to install this, but i am not sure how exaclty to do this:
    Again, sorry but my english is not perfect so i want to ask about everything a couple of times to be sure that i will not make a mistake.
    Yes you can do the addons later but first you have to get the basics done.
    Once you have granted magisk the permission in installed apps and enabled developer options/unknown sources. All you need to do is connect to your stick by plugging the USB end into pc and type adb devices. Then a screen will popup, accept the request, (you may need to open magisk and allow shell root permission on the little shield at bottom of magisk app)
    When you have done this and flashed your new pre-rooted rom or whatever.
    Then we can worry about atv addons magisk modules.

So once you've done the above you want to open up a command prompt and type adb reboot recovery. You have to do this to get into the twrp GUI. Then you can install whatever you want but please note you will only see TWRP when you do what I've said

1. From fireos goto settings>my firetv >developer options> enable adb/unknown sources
    2.open your terminal/command prompt on pc and make sure your firestick is plugged into a USB on pc
    3. Type : adb reboot recovery
    4.your device should now reboot to twrp, first wipe the stick data dalvik cache system from advanced wipe.
    5. In twrp if you have downloaded the rom/magisk to stick then goto install>downloads>nameofyourrom
    6. Repeat the same process if you've downloaded magisk 21.1.zip there too
    7.if you have pushed step 5/6 to /sdcard then they should be there as soon as you select install in twrp.
    8. Install the zip files.
    9. Wipe cache dalvik if you want

Everything you need to do is in my posts mate, read over them and you shall succeed;)
    skel40

I flashed 6.2.7.3 from skel40. Dont tell me i must start from beggining all?
    Firestick is on power plug, no pc. I try now to disable updates with ADB, but pc dont find my stick.
    Please just not everything from beggining :cry:.
    Why are you guys messing with prerooted, debloated, etc stuff?
    Simple steps:
    - Unlock FireTV4k
    - Install official Magisk with TWRP
    Optional: If you really want to install /reinstall a full rom
    - Get the stock FullRom from these FiireTV forums
    - Install it with TWRP and don't reboot
    - Install Magisk
    Reboot! Done!

Probably one of these days i will modify a script that i have for another device and make it usable for FireTV, so people can use it to install Stock Firmware + Magisk.
    the problem is that when i turn off this and turn on windows, and i put adb devices, nothing shows, i probably must go all over again. But its still the problem when i restart pc connection is losed.

I try with adb and with twrp menu, its the same message.
    Zip file is corrupted.
    Maybe is problem that i put this to firestick from usb drive, not from fireISO because fireISO have only 200mb space so i cant put rom to FIREISO, i must put from usb directly to firestick.

You mean you put the zip onto an usb stick that is pluged into a PC running the fireISO? If yes, that is ok.
    Corrupted mean that you must re-download the rom again...