Rooting question please

Search This thread

Phatfiesta

May 17, 2021
Warrington, cheshire
Hello again guys right I have another question and I know its more than likely been answered a million times but I am truly a newbie 🙄😆 my question: Rooting does it let you put the latest or recent android os on old android tablets? Like for example my archos 80 xs which in another thread which I need help on as Its going nuts atm! Which if you check my other thread you'll see what that's about. Anyway I look forward to your answers and thank you in advance 😊.

SubwayChamp

• Aug 6, 2016
    Hello again guys right I have another question and I know its more than likely been answered a million times but I am truly a newbie 🙄😆 my question: Rooting does it let you put the latest or recent android os on old android tablets? Like for example my archos 80 xs which in another thread which I need help on as Its going nuts atm! Which if you check my other thread you'll see what that's about. Anyway I look forward to your answers and thank you in advance 😊.
    Rooting it or not is not essential to that but you should need two main things in order to do this:
    - Your device´s bootloader need to be unlockable or is unlocked by default or as in old times happened with some devices doesn´t matter if it is unlocked or not (prior to KitKat)
    - And of course that it is a custom ROM available for your specific device.

Reactions: Phatfiesta

Phatfiesta

May 17, 2021
    Warrington, cheshire
    Rooting it or not is not essential to that but you should need two main things in order to do this:
    - Your device´s bootloader need to be unlockable or is unlocked by default or as in old times happened with some devices doesn´t matter if it is unlocked or not (prior to KitKat)
    Thank you for getting back to me 😊 where would find a custom rom please and is it easy to do?
    Kind regards ste

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thank you for getting back to me 😊 where would find a custom rom please and is it easy to do?
      Kind regards ste
      Just check in the General Forum and in the Development section for your device and if it is any you´ll find it there.