Rooting s7 edge sm-935t 8.0

Search This thread

jligg

Jun 30, 2018
Hi I'm looking to root my TMobile s7 edge that's on Oreo. I see a lot of conflicting information and was wondering what everyone thinks the best method is and if there is a guide. I used to be into rooting devices many years ago but I've been away from it so long. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Reactions: bissou22

mojorisin7178

Jun 26, 2011
Saint James
I am also looking to root my son's s7 edge. It's been years since I left Samsung for Nexus and pixel but I am assuming that you can still use Odin and install twrp then install magisk or whatever your perfered root method is. I am going to research this a little bit before I do anything.

aka70698

Jul 22, 2013
There are methods but you would be stuck with laggy mobile as proper root is not possible... And for custom recovery its a big no, the reason is locked bootloader.
So no custom recovery means no custom Roms.. The root will be limited to run root supported apps. And lil bit of debloating.
But the lagging is not worth it.

SyndiCate861

Dec 30, 2016
Kolkata
There are methods but you would be stuck with laggy mobile as proper root is not possible... And for custom recovery its a big no, the reason is locked bootloader.
So no custom recovery means no custom Roms.. The root will be limited to run root supported apps. And lil bit of debloating.

theres not yet any root method for the oreo update the..engineerd boot.img works only for the nougat version which throws the device into a hell of lag battry drainage overheating ruining performance...

I am also looking to root my son's s7 edge. It's been years since I left Samsung for Nexus and pixel but I am assuming that you can still use Odin and install twrp then install magisk or whatever your perfered root method is. I am going to research this a little bit before I do anything.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-s7-edge/how-to/root-s7-s7edge-oreo-nougat-t3819616
u guys canttbbee seerriiooss rriighhtt????

theres not yet any root method for the oreo update the..engineerd boot.img works only for the nougat version which throws the device into a hell of lag battry drainage overheating ruining performance...

Reactions: mojorisin7178

mojorisin7178

Jun 26, 2011
Saint James
Obviously we are serious. If you read my post I said I was going to research it further. This post was part of that research. Xda has a treasure trove of information and alot if it sometimes it takes a while to get what your looking for. Back in the day people on xda were happy to help. That's how I learned how to root phones and use adb commands.

Obviously we are serious. If you read my post I said I was going to research it further. This post was part of that research. Xda has a treasure trove of information and alot if it sometimes it takes a while to get what your looking for. Back in the day people on xda were happy to help. That's how I learned how to root phones and use adb commands.
im d*** but not that big lol..my comment wasnt towarsd u ti was hoping to lead u to the post my comment was for the ones telling u stuff they dont know but sound like they do lol my apologies to u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I'm looking to root my TMobile s7 edge that's on Oreo. I see a lot of conflicting information and was wondering what everyone thinks the best method is and if there is a guide. I used to be into rooting devices many years ago but I've been away from it so long. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-s7-edge/how-to/root-s7-s7edge-oreo-nougat-t3819616
    u guys canttbbee seerriiooss rriighhtt????