Rooting Sony Xperia S - The Missing File

Search This thread

arielhezi

Apr 29, 2010
Tel-Aviv TLV
Well I tried to use Bin4ry thread and his script to root my device but no luck

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

since it's asking u ..on the very first step to open Sony's app - backup and restore -which is unlike found there when u install clean custom rom.

So - I'm not saying his way isn't good -it's just furstrating that i coudlnt find this app anyway on web so went back to original room rooted -
also with other thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1742992 - Thanks to Sharaz22
and extrackted the file for you all -to have better ,faster and easier way to root with Bin4ry post.

thanks to him and all others that helps up on this great website-
i wanted to add this file as a comment on his thread -but the website think i'm dumb enough to even commnet.
so I hope - Bin4ry if u see it -plz add it to your thread.

So there it is for u.. ( u can send it to your mobile by using bluetooth\gmail\usb cable-gmail would be to easiest way for noobies i think to find it and install it through there..)

I'll soon to be posting here noobies guide for easy rooting your Xperia S in 30min - if u would want that.
i'm gratefull to xda developers i think it's about time that i'll share from all i've learned during all this years. :)

s.davis

Oct 2, 2012
no luck here unfortunately.
Here's the message I get whenever I click to run the app on my Tipo Dual:
Unfortunately, Backup & restore has stopped.

I'm sure others have had better luck rooting their phones.

DrSt01eR

Apr 28, 2011
i had no issues

i had no issues on using this app after running the programme i had a back up and restore file in my xps that was not their before told me to run the root file did it all works perfect i used the normal mode in the run me file from bin4ry... option 1 i think..... even for a locked bootloader it worked as after doing my own xps that has unlocked bootloader i did same steps on my gfs xps and she has a locked/b/l worked first time no worries

louis0815

May 12, 2009
www.alex-2.de
on the Xperia S I had no issues as well - but the S has backup&restore on board. The Xperia arc doesn't have a backup&restore app in the ICS upgrade - and apparently there's a reason why (copying the respective apk from the LT26 doesn't work either)

tippo88

Oct 18, 2012
I've tried both the apk's from this thread on my Sony Tablet S running ICS and both give the " Unfortunately Backup and Restore has stopped working" message. Any help much appreciated.

tippo88

Oct 18, 2012
@conalt- Thanks for your help. I'm trying to install backup and install so that I can root the tablet. Does your advice assume its already rooted. Apologies if dumb question!

nakTT

Nov 21, 2011
no luck here unfortunately.
Here's the message I get whenever I click to run the app on my Tipo Dual:
Unfortunately, Backup & restore has stopped.

I'm sure others have had better luck rooting their phones.

I get exactly the same message "Unfortunately, Backup & restore has stopped" as your when try to run the apps on my Xperia J.

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app

Dunciboy

Feb 13, 2012
In gingerbread it doesn't works my xperia s couldn't be backuped while gb was still activa after updating to ICS it started working corectly for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I tried to use Bin4ry thread and his script to root my device but no luck

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

since it's asking u ..on the very first step to open Sony's app - backup and restore -which is unlike found there when u install clean custom rom.

So - I'm not saying his way isn't good -it's just furstrating that i coudlnt find this app anyway on web so went back to original room rooted -
    also with other thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1742992 - Thanks to Sharaz22
    and extrackted the file for you all -to have better ,faster and easier way to root with Bin4ry post.

thanks to him and all others that helps up on this great website-
    i wanted to add this file as a comment on his thread -but the website think i'm dumb enough to even commnet.
    so I hope - Bin4ry if u see it -plz add it to your thread.

So there it is for u.. ( u can send it to your mobile by using bluetooth\gmail\usb cable-gmail would be to easiest way for noobies i think to find it and install it through there..)

I'll soon to be posting here noobies guide for easy rooting your Xperia S in 30min - if u would want that.
    i'm gratefull to xda developers i think it's about time that i'll share from all i've learned during all this years. :)
    try this file in sony because the file you uploaded is not work with me
    I have Xperia U st25i running GB I've tried this method and it didn't work
    Backup & Restore had 2 files - you guys only installed one, that's why it doesn't work in my opinion - Here is the link for Backup & Restore
    Same.

Same problem I met here.
    But Fortunately, my friend backup an apk for me and i succeeded to root :) :good::good::good:
    By the way, nice post for those who having same problem~!