Rooting Tab S6 Lite with Android 11 installed

Search This thread

Laithan

Jun 1, 2021
Hi all.. The last device I rooted was an HTC EVO so it has been a while :). I've been reading a lot and trying to catch up. I found both of these guides below to root the device. They both use a different approach. So I guess there's more than one way to do this, got it.. I guess I am just looking for some advice as to what is the most current/best way/safest to root the Tab S6 Lite. I have installed all updates provided by Samsung which has brought me to Android 11. I figured I should ask if the fact that I am already running android 11 could throw any monkey wrenches into the process of rooting it. It appears that Andoird 10 is expected within the guides. Can anyone recommend a guide for Android 11?

Thank you in advance.

and

Last edited:

Laithan

Jun 1, 2021
Perhaps someone could let me know which of the 2 guides above is the one I should follow or perhaps another guide entirely since I have Android 11 loaded (or does this not matter?).

Thanks all

Zeroamer

May 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
yes, magisk seems the safest way, specially now that we don't have an official twrp
I hate to say it, but I don't think using the discontinued TWRP is really too big of a deal. All things considered, it doesn't have too many bugs, and you can work around things like no adb sideload.

I just have a question. Do you think TWRP will ever be revived for this tablet, even an unoffifcial one? I mean, there seems to be a demand. Is it permanently discontinued or...?

Laithan

Jun 1, 2021
I've got an S6 Lite on the way - did you come up with a clean sequence?
No, I got stage fright at this point and figured the process isn't mature enough for my scenario, or I just didn't get pointed in the right direction. I think that part that concerned me was KNOX... something that didn't exist the last time I rooted an android phone (HTC EVO, yeah that long ago).

markfm

Mar 27, 2013
No, I got stage fright at this point and figured the process isn't mature enough for my scenario, or I just didn't get pointed in the right direction. I think that part that concerned me was KNOX... something that didn't exist the last time I rooted an android phone (HTC EVO, yeah that long ago).
Thanks for replying. My S6 Lite is due to arrive today. I'll be trying to root my P610 with latest A11 firmware (US 2DUK1), with TWRP, will capture whatever I do.

daqqq

Dec 2, 2014
Rooted mine which is lte version,picked up latest from samfirm and patched AP with magisk,added rest of the files in odin from stock.

daqqq

Dec 2, 2014
After flashing done,you must flash vbmeta and boot from stock packed in tar,to avoid error.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome! Much appreciated, I suspect there's many out there waiting for an updated guide.