• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Rooting the Red Magic 6s Pro

Search This thread

WiselyXIV

Aug 30, 2020
I ordered the 6s Pro ghost variant recently and want to root it but I can't seem to find any comment or post about it.
I was wondering if the process was the same as the 6/6 pro variants but don't wan't to take the risk of bricking my phone to find out.

ron_hyatt

Apr 2, 2012
How many hours of screen on time are you getting on this device and on which refresh rate(165 hz....etc)?

Any cons you found so far?

aznftw

Oct 4, 2021
Hey. I did that to my 6s pro ghost edition. And guess what. It's hard bricked right now.

ALTAREQ

Oct 13, 2021
I was trying to root this device, but I found out after formatting the device that the company did not download the software on its official website.
Where can I find the software for this device? Red magic 6s pro

Last edited:

aznftw

Oct 4, 2021
There is a Chinese guy goes by the name Shaw can root this device. He even gave out softwares to do so for free. But my plan originally was to change the os altogether. Now that the official firmware rom is not being released at least not for now, there is no way to fix wrong doings be it flashing or rooting missteps.

MatiasMunk

Nov 17, 2011
I have a Red Magic 6S Pro too - and I really want to root the device but Nubia has not released the Red Magic 6S Rom on their website.
Any updates on this?

MatiasMunk

Nov 17, 2011
I have a Red Magic 6S Pro too, and I really want to root this device - but Nubia has not released the Red Magic 6S Rom on their website.
Any updates on this?

aznftw

Oct 4, 2021
Where would you be finding this boot.img and vbmeta.img? been looking everywhere for them.

johnym94

Feb 27, 2018
Please give us an explanation with a file vbmeta.img
Don't even try to write vbmeta and boot image from 6 pro model , you will hard brick you're phone I've done the same and now mine is bricked and there is no option out there to fix it , also contacted nubia support for any update release to try to revive it. They replied to keep an eye on there website for update release :((

Reactions: aznftw

aznftw

Oct 4, 2021
Don't even try to write vbmeta and boot image from 6 pro model , you will hard brick you're phone I've done the same and now mine is bricked and there is no option out there to fix it , also contacted nubia support for any update release to try to revive it. They replied to keep an eye on there website for update release :((
Same here, likewise.

hammad2224

Nov 2, 2021
did you guys manage to unlock the bootloader before flashing the boot.img

Which command did you use to unlock the bootloader for Nubia Red Magic 6s Pro?

Is it EU Rom or is it Asia Rom?

Can you please answer that?

aznftw

Oct 4, 2021
Don't go down this road. There is no fix for the bricking and modding this model is a pretty big risk ngl.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it's the same way you root 6 and 6 Pro. Patch Boot.img and flash vbmeta using the fastboot --disable -verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    Please give us an explanation with a file vbmeta.img