Question Rooting the Sony Xperia PRO-I

Search This thread

A.Priori

May 26, 2011
Just curious, is it possible to root Xperias? Has anyone rooted the Sony Xperia PRO-I ?

saturnspike

Mar 23, 2011
Can you recommend a version? There was a bug (Android 11's fault) that was causing bootloops on the Xperia 5 II and 1 II which is a bit scary.

Mar 20, 2013
I recently rooted my Pro-I without any issues that weren't my own inability at paying attention to guides.
to get the oem unlock key you just paste your IMEI under xperia 1 IV since pro-I doesn't have a dedicated listing.
just follow the guide https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-windo...re-and-gsi-rom-flashing-without-twrp.4390175/
:)
First off, that's kind of a **** answer. Second, can you give some evidence about your claim about the Pro I? What region was your phone?

ragu24

Apr 10, 2016
Sony Xperia Pro-I
First off, that's kind of a **** answer. Second, can you give some evidence about your claim about the Pro I? What region was your phone?
I've confirmed with him, I also have a rooted Pro-I. It's an HK model although I'm in Canada

Bootloader is unlocked for us by stating it's a 1 III or 1 IV on sony site, it provides the code then.

XQ-BE72

American models cannot be unlocked

AMA; I've done lots of tweaking with it and can attest to it's performance

Tsuchimursu has also helped to confirm a prior root finding so I can vouch for him as well

Screenshot_20230303-135331.png

Last edited:

Tsuchimursu

Sep 8, 2022
yeah it's a bad answer because I'm a total beginner at this stuff and don't pretend otherwise. My only real issues were my own doing, had I followed guides step by step I would have gotten it done without any issues. I pointed out the thing that differed from guides that worked for me. you can ask specific questions if you hit a brick wall but it's been a while now so I don't remember much of what I did...

SonicSamZ

Oct 10, 2010
IMEI:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
IMEI Software Version:
4X
Rooting Status:
Bootloader unlock allowed: no

Security Configuration:
Live

Model number: XQ-BE62

BTW, I have been trying to reach Sony Support for a week and they haven't replied. I only need full access to my cameras, nothing else.
Thank you VERY much for this. For what it's worth, they seem to think XQ-BE62 is unlockable. My unit is arriving in coming weeks and I'll be raising hell if that's not true.

In the mean time, "Developer options" -> "OEM unlocking" - can you confirm you have that checked, and re-validate if your "Bootloader unlock allowed" changes to "yes" ? This is a long shot.

Reactions: ragu24

Garech

Nov 28, 2018
Moto G6
Motorola Edge
Thank you VERY much for this. For what it's worth, they seem to think XQ-BE62 is unlockable. My unit is arriving in coming weeks and I'll be raising hell if that's not true.

In the mean time, "Developer options" -> "OEM unlocking" - can you confirm you have that checked, and re-validate if your "Bootloader unlock allowed" changes to "yes" ? This is a long shot.
If you are able to root your phone please let me know. Fingers crossed. I just checked Developer Options and OEM unlocking is on. I went to *#*#7378423#*#* in the phone dialer and it still returns NO. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I have my doubts.

SonicSamZ

Oct 10, 2010
If you are able to root your phone please let me know. Fingers crossed. I just checked Developer Options and OEM unlocking is on. I went to *#*#7378423#*#* in the phone dialer and it still returns NO. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I have my doubts.
Very interesting. Sounds like left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Sony.

Will ping this thread (no promise on timeliness) once I get my device.

Top Liked Posts