Rooting The TCL 10L

Search This thread

ioannis.p

Jan 11, 2010
Yes but unfortunately it it's just part of what the full firmware would be. They just shared enough to comply to GPL.
It's not of any use for us :(
They said the latest firmware which doesn't imply that it is complete
Contacted them again and asked for the img or the zip firmware that can use from recovery mode. Waiting for their reply!

Reactions: DoctorBooty

DoctorBooty

Jun 26, 2022
Huawei Y5 (2017)
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Unfortunately they don't send me anything else, they wrote that sent me all i need!! They closed my case!
Typical behavior from them :/
You could send another email with another email id. That's how I usually get most replies.

I've sent an email the other day asking them to turn the TCT Token Service server online or for a workaround to get the Token but I'm still waiting for a reply

ioannis.p

Jan 11, 2010
You could send another email with another email id. That's how I usually get most replies.

I've sent an email the other day asking them to turn the TCT Token Service server online or for a workaround to get the Token but I'm still waiting for a reply
I did contacted them again with a different email asking for the firmware, let's see...

TinkerNerd

Sep 29, 2022
I'm upgrading my phone in a few days. If it might help, I'll see if I can use my heat-gun to remove the flash chip from my TCL 10L, and bring it to a data recovery service to see if they can access the system files and dump them onto a flash drive

Oct 18, 2022
TCL 10L
MOD EDIT:
Hello good day I know it's a little late but someone managed to get Root, please I really appreciate your help.

Hola buen día se que es un poco tarde pero alguno logro conseguir Root, porfavor le agradezco mucho su ayuda.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorBooty

Jun 26, 2022
Huawei Y5 (2017)
Xiaomi Redmi 7
No one has managed to root this phone. I shared the links to the rooting attempt on the other post.

The only slim chance you have is to contact your carrier or the store you bought your phone and ask them to tell you how to do it. I personally never tried it so there might be a chance I guess.

Here's why no one has rooted this phone yet.

You can't root this device because the bootloader commands are blocked. To unlock them you need a token.
You're meant to get the token from a hidden app on your phone named tokenloader but the server that the app uses to get the token isn't working as it should.
TCL refuses to fix it because it "isn't meant for end-users" nor will tell us another way to root our phones.
There's no known way of creating the oemtoken without the server.
We've no firmware of our device but even if we did it'd be useless since we can't flash it

Oct 18, 2022
TCL 10L
No one has managed to root this phone. I shared the links to the rooting attempt on the other post.

The only slim chance you have is to contact your carrier or the store you bought your phone and ask them to tell you how to do it. I personally never tried it so there might be a chance I guess.

Here's why no one has rooted this phone yet.

You can't root this device because the bootloader commands are blocked. To unlock them you need a token.
You're meant to get the token from a hidden app on your phone named tokenloader but the server that the app uses to get the token isn't working as it should.
TCL refuses to fix it because it "isn't meant for end-users" nor will tell us another way to root our phones.
There's no known way of creating the oemtoken without the server.
We've no firmware of our device but even if we did it'd be useless since we can't flash it
By getting the original Firmware boot.img file, the bootloader can be unlocked.

DoctorBooty

Jun 26, 2022
Huawei Y5 (2017)
Xiaomi Redmi 7
By getting the original Firmware boot.img file, the bootloader can be unlocked.
the token is the same for all devices? Or is it different for each one? is it a code or something?
It's unique. It's a file named ro.boot.oemtoken. It's meant to be created with the token app and then stored in the UserSupport app. Here's what I learnt from reading the ROM files. We tried creating it with adb but no luck.

The way the token app works is it detects that it's a TCL phone, sends the correct information to the server for the IMEI, serial number and one or two other things. We can't get the token because the specific page for doing the unlocking and getting the token is gone. You can read more about it here.

I uploaded the official firmware of a TCL 20 if you want to take a look at the boot.img yourself.

Oct 18, 2022
TCL 10L
It's unique. It's a file named ro.boot.oemtoken. It's meant to be created with the token app and then stored in the UserSupport app. Here's what I learnt from reading the ROM files. We tried creating it with adb but no luck.

The way the token app works is it detects that it's a TCL phone, sends the correct information to the server for the IMEI, serial number and one or two other things. We can't get the token because the specific page for doing the unlocking and getting the token is gone. You can read more about it here.

I uploaded the official firmware of a TCL 20 if you want to take a look at the boot.img yourself.
Could this boot.img file be useful for the TCL 10L?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dearly want to get rid of tcl android. Any word yet of a custom rom?
    Unfortunately there's none at the moment. TCL is very against it and made it quite difficult to unlock the bootloader.

Since it's so difficult I've been asking daily on their twitter accounts for the past month for a way to unlock it since they just ignore everyone who contacts their mobile support asking for a way do to it.
    The best I got from them so far was a "thanks for your suggestion" type of message, 2 TCL accounts blocked me but I've created more accounts to spam them.

They replied to me today but I'm skeptical that they'll do anything.
    View attachment 5674511

Hopefully they end up sharing the fastboot flashing unlock command, if not it's a matter of time and of hope that someone figures a way to do it
    I also contacted TCL and waiting for a link to the latest firmware, they agreed after a long argument discussion to have it delivered to me at 10 days the most. Will upload the link asap. For any news please let me know, thanks
    Have you received it yet?

Today received it.
    Under the name T700_R_GPL_source.zip

Hope that helps to root our phones
    Yes but unfortunately it it's just part of what the full firmware would be. They just shared enough to comply to GPL.
    It's not of any use for us :(
    They said the latest firmware which doesn't imply that it is complete
    Contacted them again and asked for the img or the zip firmware that can use from recovery mode. Waiting for their reply!

I did contacted them again with a different email asking for the firmware, let's see...