Rooting Ulefone Armor 10 5G - Help needed

Search This thread

kc7gr

Oct 21, 2012
Kent
Fellow techies,

I just got my new Ulefone Armor 10 5G. Terrific phone, but (of course) I want to root it, ideally with a systemless technique (a la Magisk and a patched boot.img file). However, I'm not having a lot of luck.

I've tried following the process described here:

I've been able to successfully extract boot.img from the stock ROM downloaded from Ulefone (current release A101A88C7.GQU.HB.FHJ.VFYDYT.1209.V3.02) and patch it with Magisk (v22.0.apk release). However, when I flash the patched boot to the phone, it ends up in a bootloop. Re-flashing the unmodified boot.img file restores things to operation.

I've come across mutterings about flashing a blank dm_verity file, or something like that, but this is not a concept I've come across before.

So -- Anyone successfully rooted an Armor 10 5G as yet? If so, how'd you do it?

I'll keep trying... Thanks in advance.

kc7gr

Oct 21, 2012
Kent
UPDATE 27-Feb-21
------------------------------

I'm putting my rooting efforts for this one on hold for now. I went as far as trying MTK Droid Tool ('Unrecognized ROM format, Backup not possible') and Miracle Box, with an eye to extracting the actual boot.img file sets from the phone and attempting to patch them: No luck.

I also tried using SP Flash tool to push the patched boot.img to the phone: Again, no luck. Right back into a bootloop, which could only be corrected by using fastboot mode to flash the unmodified boot.img back in.

I would prefer not to use Kingroot, or any of the other one-click apps, or flashing TWRP and a custom recovery, until I know for certain a systemless root is not possible (thanks for the suggestion, though).

Is the Armor 10 5G even rootable? I hope so. However, based on my experiences so far, it's going to take someone with more skill sets than I have to crack this particular nut.

Movin' on for now...

bn2soldier

Mar 3, 2021
Id be very interested to see the root developments on this and other ulefones eg 11, Im looking to purchase possibly the ulefone 10 5g or 11 in the next few weeks but same here Id want to root it.

andrew502

Mar 30, 2021
Can you point me in the right direction of the post your on about as Im struggling to find your success method. Thank you in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Id be very interested to see the root developments on this and other ulefones eg 11, Im looking to purchase possibly the ulefone 10 5g or 11 in the next few weeks but same here Id want to root it.
    I have met with success! Check my new post.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone