Rooting without oem unlocking and without resetting the phone

Search This thread

jsb4752

Jul 6, 2020
Hello,

Is there a way to root galaxy note 9 north american model with latest updates installed without resetting the phone and without oem unlocking?
I am trying to recover accidently deleted photos from camera folder which I didnt sync anywhere, they are not in trash folder. I tried many data recovery apps but I couldnt recover deleted photos from camera folder.
Now I am trying to root the phone so I can give root access data recovery apps for deeper recovery.

Any help would be really appreciated. I hope I can recover those photoes.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Hello,

Is there a way to root galaxy note 9 north american model with latest updates installed without resetting the phone and without oem unlocking?
I am trying to recover accidently deleted photos from camera folder which I didnt sync anywhere, they are not in trash folder. I tried many data recovery apps but I couldnt recover deleted photos from camera folder.
Now I am trying to root the phone so I can give root access data recovery apps for deeper recovery.

Any help would be really appreciated. I hope I can recover those photoes.

If you have a US carrier dependent Note 9, it's just impossible. Sorry

There may be a paid service to unlock your phone (about $45) but with no warranty of success...

marhensa

Dec 17, 2010
Bogor
the way of digital storage works, yes it's true, files are never really deleted, it's only marked for deleted.

but when it's marked as deleted, that space could easily be replaced with other files.

i think, if you use your phone more than hours after that specific photo gets deleted, your activities using smartphone (chats, browsing, video call) is downloading / creating caches and files into your phone, and it could replacing your deleted file in that specific space.

even rooting your phone is considered as some activities that could replacing that deleted file with other things.