• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rooting woes

Search This thread

MikePysh

Oct 9, 2012
Kelowna
So I unlocked the bootloader on my Alcatel 1, but when it comes time to rooting it I get an error.
FAILED (remote: Only system partition can be flashed)
I don't know what it means or why I get the error, I just know that I cannot gain root with this error. I was hoping someone here could help me figure this out.
Thanks
MikePysh

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Hey! If Android 9 (LineageOS 16) is your thing (No GApps), see my post of how to root the Alcatel 1. ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/alcatel-1/development/alcatel-1-root-achieved-t3970713 )
I hope you root your device, have a nice day!
(Note tested with 5033X but i´m pretty sure it works on all 5033s, since it uses an global system image (GSI))

Question for you (or anyone)- I am a long-time Sony Xperia user, but I got a hold of a TCL A501DL, (Alcatel A1 TracFone variant), and have no access to fastboot/bootloader. Boot to recovery works fine, but no option for bootloader. ADB recognition works fine, but 'adb reboot-bootloader' command just reboots to system. Volume+ power button combos, as well as holding any keys while connecting, doesn't do anything. I reached out to TCL on the phone and by email, one rep told me that maybe hard-reset might make it work, (it didn't); another rep told me that there is a way to do it, but they aren't authorized to tell me what it is, and another one told me that they don't support it, so they don't have documentation about it.
'OEM unlocking' is checked in settings, and ADB debugging.

Any ideas? Thanks

Yeah....

[/COLOR]
Question for you (or anyone)- I am a long-time Sony Xperia user, but I got a hold of a TCL A501DL, (Alcatel A1 TracFone variant), and have no access to fastboot/bootloader. Boot to recovery works fine, but no option for bootloader. ADB recognition works fine, but 'adb reboot-bootloader' command just reboots to system. Volume+ power button combos, as well as holding any keys while connecting, doesn't do anything. I reached out to TCL on the phone and by email, one rep told me that maybe hard-reset might make it work, (it didn't); another rep told me that there is a way to do it, but they aren't authorized to tell me what it is, and another one told me that they don't support it, so they don't have documentation about it.

Any ideas? Thanks

My 6058D (Idol 5) has the same problem. No bootloader access. One of the reasons I chose my current phone (OnePlus 6). Does that phone have a custom skin for tracfone? My A1 is from a carrier here called NOS, and the phone is rebranded as NOS Novu 4, but it is still an A1 (5033X)

dmoreljr

Mar 22, 2020
Moto G Power (2021)
Has anyone had any luck rooting an Alcatel Verso 5044c (cricket mobile). I've tried the rooting methods here and a few others but I cannot get fastboot to recognize my device. Adb works fine when the phone is booted up but when in recovery it shows the device is "unauthorised". I've checked my drivers and they are installed correctly and working but still no fastboot access. Recovery on this phone is locked to the point that it only has options to wipe cache or FDR. Another thing that happens is when you use adb to reboot the phone into the bootloader it just power cycles and doesn't actually go into the bootloader. Can anybody help?

sachb_htc

Feb 7, 2016
DxB
So I unlocked the bootloader on my Alcatel 1, but when it comes time to rooting it I get an error.
FAILED (remote: Only system partition can be flashed)
I don't know what it means or why I get the error, I just know that I cannot gain root with this error. I was hoping someone here could help me figure this out.
Thanks
MikePysh

Same issue here. I unlocked the bootloader and yet I can't flash anything apart from system partition. I'm getting the same error as you.

Trust me, my bootloader is unlocked, as the oem unlock is greyed out.

lehmancurtis

Any ideas? Thanks
Ive got bootloader unlocked, gained fastboot, and have written a working twrp for the a501dl but gotta make the recovery survive a reboot. I'll post a guide soon as I get it to survive.

lehmancurtis

Yeah....

[/COLOR]

My 6058D (Idol 5) has the same problem. No bootloader access. One of the reasons I chose my current phone (OnePlus 6). Does that phone have a custom skin for tracfone? My A1 is from a carrier here called NOS, and the phone is rebranded as NOS Novu 4, but it is still an A1 (5033X)
Check out my guide for the 6060C because you may be able to get fastboot access with it but the recoveries won't fit your version of the idol5. Is it MTK?

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021

Any ideas? Thanks
for the a501dl use mtkclient to unlock bootloader and flash a custom recovery/patched magisk boot: https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient

Getsut

Oct 25, 2021
Buenas, tengo un problema con mi Alcatel Modelo 5007A, un núcleo del GPU me Dice que está desconectado, como puedo volver hacerlo funcionar?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-24-19-59-15-719.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-24-19-59-15-719.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2021-10-24-19-59-04-611.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-24-19-59-04-611.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts