• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rooting ZTE Blade A7 Prime

Search This thread

virx14

Feb 15, 2011
I was also able to add and APN by just clicking on the "+" icon on the top-right corner of the APN configuration screen. When I inserted by MINT SIM Card (T-Mobile MVNO) there were not default populated APNs, but was able to get everything to work after adding an APN -- even after rebooting.

Big Tip: After entering the APN data and before leaving the data entry screen, make sure that you save the APN or it will not be persisted. Click on the "three dots" menu on the top-right corner and hit the Save menu item.

Weird, it does not let me add any APNs. Says something like "APN settings not available for the current user profile".

Last edited:

ichygoo

Aug 22, 2016
Hello there I'm probably going to sound like a bit of a noob because this is like my third time posting something in the formed but I stumbled across the fastboot mode on the ZTE blade A7 prime I haven't tried any of the clans yet my computer but if you go into you to reboot into recovery and then go down to reboot bootloader it takes you immediately to the fastboot mode if anyone else having far to figure that out

ConnCarl

Jan 1, 2013
New Haven
Weird, it does not let me add any APNs. Says something like "APN settings not available for the current user profile".

Yep, what you're seeing is SIM-specific. If you have any other (out-of-service is fine) SIMs laying around, pop one of those in. So far, AT&T and Freedompop have worked fine for me. You can then add and save a new APN. The best part is that the new APN and the "+" for adding a new APN will persist after a reboot.

Reactions: virx14
Mar 2, 2015
Would be nice if someone can root this baby. I have noticed that my visible prime doesn't have Otg enabled so I can't connect my TV via usbc. nor can I connect a flash drive directly to the phone. I am hoping the same limitation doesn't apply to the lg stylo

intelg

Mar 4, 2016
I can confirm that mtk-su R20 downloaded from https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd...xperimental-software-root-hd-8-hd-10-t3904595 gets you root prompt. Use 32-bit binary (arm).

Edit: I can also confirm that the process in https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...atek-armv8-t3922213/post79626434#post79626434 works and root survives the reboots.

Thank you; while I was able to get root via that script and it seems to work with Magisk 20.2v - I can't install any kind of magisk module. I keep getting "Installation failed" and "Please install Magisk v20.0+"

anyone found a way to fix it?>

Reactions: al.islam.333

Minecrafted

May 10, 2018
Thank you; while I was able to get root via that script and it seems to work with Magisk 20.2v - I can't install any kind of magisk module. I keep getting "Installation failed" and "Please install Magisk v20.0+"

anyone found a way to fix it?>

Hey. I don't have a ZTE blade but I am getting the same error. Did you find a fix?

griffoun

Feb 26, 2008
Has anyone been able to unlock bootloader, root and install Magisk on ZTE Blade A7 Prime (Visible)?

Last edited:

vla-511411

Oct 31, 2018
Does anyone have any updates on installing Magisk v23 or doing the temp-root using 'mtk-su' on this ZTE Blade A7 Prime Visible?

Since the bootloader unlock commands have been *removed* from the ROM, I am unable to fastboot unlock the bootloader.

Last edited:

vla-511411

Oct 31, 2018
They removed the fastboot command to unlock the bootloader. I found it out by comparing the similar ZTE Blade 10 and Blade 10 Prime. The Blade 10 non-prime has the unlock command and it works whereas the prime version has the command removed but funnily enough the lock command is still there but is useless. I then looked at the bootloader for the a7 prime and same thing the unlock command is removed from the bootloader. So there isn't much hope for it unless a bypass can be found.

Exactly !??!, the 'fastboot [flashing|oem] [unlock|unlock_critical]' commands have definitely been *removed* from the Visible version. Any updates about anyone having found a bypass for this?

My hope is if anyone who have/had the 'mtk-su' bootloader-lockless root earlier could be kind enough to give out the official stock boot_a.img, boot_b.img, system_a.img, system_b.img images and also post a dump of the 'fastboot [flashing|oem] *' commands implemented/available on these Visible devices.

Any updates on this please?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts