Rootkit Xperia L (15.3.A.1.17) [1-Click Root for locked bootloader]

Search This thread

JOYGR

Dec 31, 2013
Kolkata
can't root L

i'm stuck at this screen ( Daemon started successfully) no matter what i do .. followed every step (usb debugging, unknown sources, installed adb drivers provided in zip file, disconnected every usb device). tried in win 8 , 8.1, 7 , xp ... this is my 1st try @ rooting as it's simple 1 click rooting for locked bootloader.

firmware : 15.3.A.1.12 .. C2104 ... stock kernel ... never modified phone

is it a problem with adb driver ?

any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 1511252_10200664075923264_1040360270_n.jpg
    1511252_10200664075923264_1040360270_n.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:

JOYGR

Dec 31, 2013
Kolkata
can anyone pls tell me how install / setup ADB drivers including setting PATH for adb ?

Device : Xperia L C2104. stock kernel. firmware : 15.3.A.1.12

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-31-22-26-30.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-31-22-26-30.png
    251 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

adizz4

Apr 30, 2011
Bengaluru
Use the zip I posted earlier for issues with adb. Paste contents of zip into the root folder.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk

V

Voltal

For those stuck in the "Starting Daemont" line, remember to install all the drivers, i did it with Sony's PC Companion and i later did the same with Sony Update Service. They install 2 kind of drivers when interacting with the phone, for example when you back up your info, they get installed, when you -try, but dont- update again, they are installed.

It may be the same computer where everything worked before, but it has to be done again after updating the firmware of the phone.

JOYGR

Dec 31, 2013
Kolkata
For those stuck in the "Starting Daemont" line, remember to install all the drivers, i did it with Sony's PC Companion and i later did the same with Sony Update Service. They install 2 kind of drivers when interacting with the phone, for example when you back up your info, they get installed, when you -try, but dont- update again, they are installed.

It may be the same computer where everything worked before, but it has to be done again after updating the firmware of the phone.

can u tell what do u mean by all drivers ? what is the official sony driver .. i hv latest pc companion installed.

can u pls tell me how to install this driver in details ?

V

Voltal

can u tell what do u mean by all drivers ? what is the official sony driver .. i hv latest pc companion installed.

can u pls tell me how to install this driver in details ?

Hi, there are 2 kind of drivers, one is installed with SEUS and another with SONY PC Companion, they have a weird name like SNKD(just an example, dont remember the exact letters). I needed to install both of them in order to continue with the rooting process, otherwise, it got stuck in the screen "Starting Daemon".

Just begin to use the SONY Companion(like doing a back-up, checking contacts, etc.) and the Sony Update Service(but dont update again), just let the phone to be recognized again for the applications.

JOYGR

Dec 31, 2013
Kolkata
finally got it working :D

1 question .. is it a complete root ? or do i hv to do anything after this with Super SU ?

and how do i transfer apps and games from internal storage to external sd card ? in future if i install any app or game, how do i store it in external sd card ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-01-12-45-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-12-45-15.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:

mitulvohra

Sep 23, 2011
finally got it working :D

1 question .. is it a complete root ? or do i hv to do anything after this with Super SU ?

and how do i transfer apps and games from internal storage to external sd card ? in future if i install any app or game, how do i store it in external sd card ?

yes it is complete.. you can ofcourse check if their is any update for superSU or binary..

for normal apps you can use link2sd and for games data on internal storage you can use foldermount both can be downloaded from play store

JOYGR

Dec 31, 2013
Kolkata

endem

Nov 30, 2010
Zadar
thanks for this tool, i can confirm that it works, but in my case rebooting problem is still there. tried with remountrebootfix, but don't work.
going back to old FW.

iAyush

Sep 25, 2013
Kolkata
Does not work for me! By the way, Do I have to remove the previously added root apps (As my phone was rooted before it obviously had 6-7 root apps). I run Install.bat (with enabled usb debugging, unknown sources checked) ..keeps on showing that sonypccompanionshut not found..
What's the reason for that?

mitulvohra

Sep 23, 2011
thanks for this tool, i can confirm that it works, but in my case rebooting problem is still there. tried with remountrebootfix, but don't work.
going back to old FW.

that's strange. btw i am also reverting to older firmware, though this update fixes many bugs, i just can't tolerate the proximity bug. that's just awful.

Does not work for me! By the way, Do I have to remove the previously added root apps (As my phone was rooted before it obviously had 6-7 root apps). I run Install.bat (with enabled usb debugging, unknown sources checked) ..keeps on showing that sonypccompanionshut not found..
What's the reason for that?

no need to remove previous root apps.. i am sure you are doing something wrong here.. pccompanian is in no way related to this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The New update breaks all previous known methods for rooting including brinly's. fortunately this still works.

i have included the correct file with ADB in the clean zip attached. This is not my work and all thanks must be forwarded to Bin4ry.

For those running linux please refer to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59829401&postcount=206

Thanks to Macsek.

Prerequisites:
    1.)USB debugging should be ON [Enable Developer mode by tapping on build no. 7 times]
    2.)Unkown sources must be selected in Security.
    3)phone should be connected to PC.
    4.)adb drivers must be installed.

if i helped you , i would appreciate a thanks.
    The New update breaks all previous known methods for rooting including brinly's. fortunately this still works.

i have included the correct file with adb in the clean zip attached. This is not my work and all thanks must be forwarded to キューブキューブ @ cubeundcube.

prerequisites:
    1.)usb debugging should be ON
    2.)unknown sources must be selected
    3)phone should be connected to PC
    4.)adb drivers must be installed.

if i helped you , i would appreciate a thanks.

is it working without any problems?
    Confirmed working on new firmware 15.3.A.1.17.
    is it working without any problems?

yup.. 1 click root for locked bootloaders.
    I am specifically asking about the reboot problem when modifying system partition.
    is this fully roots the device?

and that's what i am telling you..it works perfectly..system partition modification works. no reboots.