Rotation lock removal request thread [12/19]

Search This thread

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Last edited:

EverythingNook

Mar 14, 2011
Ok so I always hated the fact that the Netflix app forced portrait mode, I use my Nook almost exclusively in landscape and Netflix was crushing my hopes and dreams with that devils rotation lock. So I decompiled the apk and made it tell me all its dirty little secrets, it cried the whole time...

id6Arq.png

ibkBxs.png

im gonna try this out

edit: thanks works great!

Last edited:

AidenM

Mar 10, 2011
If I recall correctly, you need baksmali from here. Command on Mac: java -jar baksmali-x.x.x.jar Netflix-xx.apk

les02jen17

Jun 10, 2011
Manila
Ok so I always hated the fact that the Netflix app forced portrait mode, I use my Nook almost exclusively in landscape and Netflix was crushing my hopes and dreams with that devils rotation lock. So I decompiled the apk and made it tell me all its dirty little secrets, it cried the whole time...

id6Arq.png

ibkBxs.png

Will it be okay if I ask you a small favor? I have an apk of an app that I want to modify, though I don't have the slightest idea on how to do it. :p It's a paid app that I purchased in the market.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Will it be okay if I ask you a small favor? I have an apk of an app that I want to modify, though I don't have the slightest idea on how to do it. :p It's a paid app that I purchased in the market.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Use the apktool to decompile the apk and then send me the AndroidManifest.xml and i'll see what I can do...

Reactions: les02jen17

les02jen17

Jun 10, 2011
Manila
Use the apktool to decompile the apk and then send me the AndroidManifest.xml and i'll see what I can do...

Erm... I don't want to be a pain, but I tried installing the apktool in my PC (a Windows 7 Pro) following the instructions where I downloaded it but whenever I try to run it, it just closes itself. Tried changing settings in the compatibility mode but nothing happened. :'(

UPDATE:
I found the AndroidManifest.xml file you were looking for! I accidentally extracted it from the APK itself using root explorer. I'll upload it as soon as I get home...currently out ATM.

UPDATE 2:
Can't upload an .XML file here in XDA. What to do? I'll just try and upload it to Dropbox instead.

UPDATE 3:
Here's a Dropbox link for both the .XML and. APK file:

XML: http://db.tt/H9t09Ua
APK: Warez removed

Oh, bye the way, that APK is SPB Shell 1.2. I was able to get the APK file itself using Linda Manager.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk�

Last edited by a moderator:

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Erm... I don't want to be a pain, but I tried installing the apktool in my PC (a Windows 7 Pro) following the instructions where I downloaded it but whenever I try to run it, it just closes itself. Tried changing settings in the compatibility mode but nothing happened. :'(

UPDATE:
I found the AndroidManifest.xml file you were looking for! I accidentally extracted it from the APK itself using root explorer. I'll upload it as soon as I get home...currently out ATM.

UPDATE 2:
Can't upload an .XML file here in XDA. What to do? I'll just try and upload it to Dropbox instead.

UPDATE 3:
Here's a Dropbox link for both the .XML and. APK file:

XML: http://db.tt/H9t09Ua
APK: Warez removed

Oh, bye the way, that APK is SPB Shell 1.2. I was able to get the APK file itself using Linda Manager.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk�

The file linked is "libmobileshell.so". I'd prefer if you decompiled the APK, that would make it much easier for me to help you.

apktool is a command line tool, that's why it keeps closing on you, you are supposed to execute it through the command line. If you aren't comfortable in the command line then I recommend using APK Manager, which acts as a front end for apk tool. Make sure to update the version of apk tool included with APK Manager under the "other" folder...

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
Does this allow left-handed landscape? My NC cover allows me to prop it up using the front cover as a stand but everything ends up being upside down. :(

skwalas

Feb 22, 2011
Know what kind of pisses me off? I can successfully watch rented movies through Google videos on my (obviously rooted and therefore forbidden) NC, but I CANNOT, EVER, get a single solitary version of Netflix to work, whether the "official" version or any of the hacked versions floating around. Tthey all give the same error as soon as it starts up: that I have to check my time and date settings and my internet connection.

Joe, you've dug around in the apk . Any ideas why this won't work for me? I'm semi convinced that it has to do with my being on satellite internet. There's a latency in the send/TX that prevents me from using video chat for example, but why it should affect Netflix and not other streaming services is beyond me.

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Know what kind of pisses me off? I can successfully watch rented movies through Google videos on my (obviously rooted and therefore forbidden) NC, but I CANNOT, EVER, get a single solitary version of Netflix to work, whether the "official" version or any of the hacked versions floating around. Tthey all give the same error as soon as it starts up: that I have to check my time and date settings and my internet connection.

Joe, you've dug around in the apk . Any ideas why this won't work for me? I'm semi convinced that it has to do with my being on satellite internet. There's a latency in the send/TX that prevents me from using video chat for example, but why it should affect Netflix and not other streaming services is beyond me.

What speed is your connection? Can you watch Netflix on your pc? Does Crackle work for you?

Top Liked Posts