• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

Royole FlexiPi - The First Unfoldable Phone - [Discussion Thread]

milanvot

Sep 24, 2005
Prague
Yep, go to settings and manually check for a new update and it should be there.
I did that already about 100 times. Yesterday my FlexPai was updated from 1.0.27 to 1.0.28 ;), Royole update servers apparently don't like my device :)

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Yep, go to settings and manually check for a new update and it should be there.
Do you remember which fw version was your device shipped with?

milanvot

Sep 24, 2005
Prague
Water os V 1.1.0 available. Anyone tried google store with the newest update?
Can you tell me what's your device's "Model", "Internal Version Number of Software" In "Settings/About Phone"? I my case (fw 1.0.28) device's model is RY1201, internal version RY1201_A03_0008. I'm trying to find out why my device is not updated to version 1.0.28+. Strange is when I click "Android version 9" in "Settings/About Phone", the kernel version is 4.14.83-perf+, #1 Sat Aug 10 17:32:18 CST 2019, it means kernel was built in August so the fw version 1.0.28 is only one week old, I don't understand difference between fw 1.0.28 and 1.10.0 then ...

jbaggs

Apr 15, 2013
Can you tell me what's your device's "Model", "Internal Version Number of Software" In "Settings/About Phone"? I my case (fw 1.0.28) device's model is RY1201, internal version RY1201_A03_0008. I'm trying to find out why my device is not updated to version 1.0.28+. Strange is when I click "Android version 9" in "Settings/About Phone", the kernel version is 4.14.83-perf+, #1 Sat Aug 10 17:32:18 CST 2019, it means kernel was built in August so the fw version 1.0.28 is only one week old, I don't understand difference between fw 1.0.28 and 1.10.0 then ...
I have the same version. Haven spoken to them online it would seem this is the developer model. I was told the the developer model software 1.0.28 is the same as the public version 1.1.0.

Reactions: milanvot

riverdancerhhh

Jul 14, 2009
anybody have update 1.1.1?
Yes, I found 2 changes:
First, it force to use locking screen, even you don't choice any locking way.
Second, all app is pre-set "freeze" (unfreeze is original). So you may receive a message such as "XXX is unfreezing now" before using an app, or other error notification because some co-relative app is freezing......So I change all app from freezing to free in setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevincarman0525

diffstyle

Apr 2, 2009
Have you guys tried the Mate 30 Pro workaround to install Google Play? It patches the framework with your login credentials and that is what was missing on the Flexpai, let me know if one of you guys with the device can try it.

Flexpai

Aug 20, 2019
Google apps solution

I was able to run google play store but through a Virtual machine. Try using VMOS you can use all google apps and even Netflix through VMOS.
Please let me know if you need any help.
If you want me to upload a YouTube Tutorial let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayman6666

jbaggs

Apr 15, 2013
Have you guys tried the Mate 30 Pro workaround to install Google Play? It patches the framework with your login credentials and that is what was missing on the Flexpai, let me know if one of you guys with the device can try it.
Do you have a specific link to the the workaround? I'm sure I read it would only work on the Mate 30.

none24

Jun 25, 2014
Sort of reviving a seemingly dead post. But the Escobar Fold 1 is out, which is the flexpai under a different name. I'm gonna order one and try getting GP & GP services installed. I've been reading and wondering why you aren't just able to grab the services apk and install it. (I know all Androids aren't the same however,) I've done this on multiple devices that don't have GP or GPServices and it's always worked.

I'd install aptoide
Install YouTube apk
Then Google play
Then Google play services
In that order, all from aptoide.
Then I go sign into YouTube without opening GP.
After I sign in , I open GP store.

The Escobar Fold is $350. Dang cheap in comparison. I'll give it a shot and be back when I have the phone....and raise $350 lmao

sev7en

Jul 10, 2006
www.maccopoli.net
Sort of reviving a seemingly dead post. But the Escobar Fold 1 is out, which is the flexpai under a different name. I'm gonna order one and try getting GP & GP services installed. I've been reading and wondering why you aren't just able to grab the services apk and install it. (I know all Androids aren't the same however,) I've done this on multiple devices that don't have GP or GPServices and it's always worked.

I'd install aptoide
Install YouTube apk
Then Google play
Then Google play services
In that order, all from aptoide.
Then I go sign into YouTube without opening GP.
After I sign in , I open GP store.

The Escobar Fold is $350. Dang cheap in comparison. I'll give it a shot and be back when I have the phone....and raise $350 lmao
I ordered mine yesteday :) ahah the price it is really killer if.... it is true. I sent an email asking about the shipping time and...

... no reply back!

Reactions: none24

riverdancerhhh

Jul 14, 2009
Escobar folding 1 supports GMS and google play. The newest official demo movie in Youtube clear shows icons of play store, play movie, play game, etc on the Escobar folding 1 screen. I am waiting my Folding 1......to replace my FlexPai (although I am using Galaxy Fold now).

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

This is reply from Escobar inc. for my questions: "Yes support Playstore and GSM! Android 9.0. Shipping takes about 2 weeks or so from Hong Kong, depends on mailing service. Also processing is around the same time as we have a huge amount of sales." Hopes it can help you.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone