• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

RSD Lite for Mac and Linux Flash Stock Motorola Firmware

Search This thread

Tomsgt

RSD Lite Tool For Mac and Linux
View attachment 3812978
This tool is designed to flash stock Motorola firmware just like you can with Motorola's program RSD Lite but on Mac and Linux machines.
What it does is looks at the XML files that come with Motorola firmware like the servicefile.xml and the flashfile.xml then coverts them all to fastboot commands it also checks the MD5 of all the firmware files just like rsd lite.

If you want to learn more and see some examples of how this is all done check HERE

https://youtu.be/HDmABQazDIc

Shout out to Liboicl awesome work buddy

Last edited:

canhmeo

Dec 2, 2008
Hi all.I follow all above step.but my Mac stop at this command line: waiting for device.pls suggest me what to do
Edit.It works now

Last edited:

drw22

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks for this very useful tool. Just used it on archlinux to flash back to stock so I could get nougat ota on my xt1622. Everything worked flawlessly.

Reactions: Tomsgt

leycimets

Jun 6, 2017
Hi, I was considering picking up the amazon version of the g4 play, but decided to see if there was a way to flash the stock motorola version of android before doing so. I read through the provided script and saw that you chose to ship your own binaries instead of using the versions of adb and fastboot already installed. Looking at the binaries themselves, I found that while my own adb is 164K and fastboot is 116K, your versions are 1292K (!!) and 296K respectively. I am, I think understandably, wary of running large uninspected binaries on my system. My question is, if I copy my own versions of these programs into the RSD-Lite-Mac-Linux/files/ directory (or use sym-links), is this likely to cause issues with the flashing process?
Also, is there a reason you direct people to download everything from your site instead of linking to upstream, even for programs like notepad++ and even when your versions are (very) outdated?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RSD Lite Tool For Mac and Linux
    View attachment 3812978
    This tool is designed to flash stock Motorola firmware just like you can with Motorola's program RSD Lite but on Mac and Linux machines.
    What it does is looks at the XML files that come with Motorola firmware like the servicefile.xml and the flashfile.xml then coverts them all to fastboot commands it also checks the MD5 of all the firmware files just like rsd lite.

If you want to learn more and see some examples of how this is all done check HERE

https://youtu.be/HDmABQazDIc

Shout out to Liboicl awesome work buddy
    I cant believe no one has used this or commented wow
    Thanks for this very useful tool. Just used it on archlinux to flash back to stock so I could get nougat ota on my xt1622. Everything worked flawlessly.