• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

RUI 2.0 | F.11 | A11 | Easy Update from C.37 A10 | No Format | No Root | Global or India Variant |

Which OS you preffer with Realme X2 Pro?

• Color OS

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • RUI 1.0

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • RUI 2.0

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Custom OS

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

hack-os

Feb 3, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus One
~*~ Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device or break your warranty. Use at your own risk! ~*~

Easy way to update your Realme X2 Pro Global or India Variant from C.37 to F.10 (Android 10 to Android 11) [will lose Magisk root]

Update your Realme X2 Pro with C.37 download the file specific for your device IN/Global

• Make sure the bootloader is unlocked. click here for Unlock Procedure
  • Boot to recovery (power off device and then hold vol- and power together)
  • Must check if latest OrangeFox is installed [email protected]_1.zip
  • Install RUI 2.0 (F.11) with OrangeFox - Dont format anything
  • Do not restart to System now if you need custom recovery.
  • Install OrangeFox Beta img (RUI2.0) for Android 11 & select recovery partition.
  • Install Patched vbmeta img & select vbmeta partition.
    • [This step is essential to have recovery persistent by not getting replaced with stock recovery and also to avoid bootloop]
  • ☠️ [Skip this step, Only Experimental for testing] ☠️
    • Install Magisk Canary - Rename apk to zip and flash with USB OTG (Optional only if root is required)
  • Reboot to System (May take 5-7 minutes to complete booting)
  • Enjoy RUI 2.0 updated with all your apps and data intact. :cowboy:
Realme has restricted access of Data in Beta phase which means we cant access Data partition and most of files with OrangeFox.

Your standard sdcard folder having your Contents, photos, videos, files, songs etc will be accessible as you will use normally after restarting in RUI2.0.

There are couple of issues with the current RUI 2.0 Beta.

1. No ROOT - installing Magisk is difficult and root doesn't work
  2. Cant safely lock bootloader
  3. Widewine DRM L3 due to bootloader unlock
  4. Battery,Camera, Audio performance poor
  5. General usage and Games performance will be average.
  6. Need to report any bugs identified in open beta phase.
Dont ask steps for Roll back to old version. Will lose all data and will be formatted when roll back.
Any issues, feel free to discuss and help out each other politely.

Last edited:

hack-os

Feb 3, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus One
I am using RUI 2.0 F.10 as my daily driver for normal use. I find it to be good and only not having root is my current issue.
Games and other performance is fine, issues happen with extreme settings or over long time usage on battery.
No one actually needs to lock bootloader or need DRM L1 unless have to watch OTP (Netflix, prime,etc) in high resolution or HDR.

Last edited:

Arbab123

Aug 23, 2018
Sir Thanks Soo Much But For ur Keen And Kind Information Bootloader Is Currently Not Unlocking Due To Some Network Error If U Really A Developer Fix That ...... Everyone Will Appreciate U For That Believe Me..😐

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
I am using RUI 2.0 F.10 as my daily driver for normal use. I find it to be good and only not having root is my current issue.
Games and other performance is fine, issues happen with extreme settings or over long time usage on battery.
No one actually needs to lock bootloader or need DRM L1 unless have to watch OTP (Netflix, prime,etc) in high resolution or HDR.
Same here, the only thing stopping me from updating now is that there is no root. Don't care about DRM.

hack-os

Feb 3, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus One
Root I use for adaway and AccA. I have found temporary alternatives for them. Instead of adaway now I use adguard and enabled optimised night charging feature of Android 11 instead of AccA.

This open beta F.10 could be the preview of final stable release as informed by Realme
"The latest Open Beta version will be chosen as the stable version and rolled out to all users,there is no difference if you have already joined the Open Beta program." Source: Realme Support Forums.

ImperoDroider

Oct 3, 2014
Dambulla
~*~ Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device or break your warranty. Use at your own risk! ~*~

Easy way to update your Realme X2 Pro Global or India Variant from C.37 to F.10 (Android 10 to Android 11) [will lose Magisk root]

Update your Realme X2 Pro with C.37 download the file specific for your device IN/Global

• Install RUI 2.0 Beta (F.10) with OrangeFox - Dont format anything
  • Skip this step if you dont want custom recovery
    • Install OrangeFox Beta img (RUI2.0) for Android 11 & select recovery partition.
      • [This step is essential to have recovery persistent by not getting replaced with stock recovery and also to avoid bootloop]
    • Install Magisk Canary - Rename apk to zip and flash with USB OTG (Optional only if root is required)
Realme has restricted access of Data in Beta phase which means we cant access Data partition and most of files with OrangeFox.

Your standard sdcard folder having your Contents, photos, videos, files, songs etc will be accessible as you will use normally after restarting in RUI2.0.

Dont ask steps for Roll back to old version. Will lose all data and will be formatted when roll back.
I've followed exact same instructions and I'm now stuck in boot splash. not even boot animation.

First I updated from C32 to C37 and then I updated to RUI 2.0 accordingly. But now I'm stuck in Boot splash. BL is unlocked. Followed exact same instructions. Please help me out I have some very important personal data in storage

ImperoDroider

Oct 3, 2014
Dambulla
I've followed exact same instructions and I'm now stuck in boot splash. not even boot animation.

First I updated from C32 to C37 and then I updated to RUI 2.0 accordingly. But now I'm stuck in Boot splash. BL is unlocked. Followed exact same instructions. Please help me out I have some very important personal data in storage
Fixed it!!!

Okay I think I've found the solution.

I never wanted custom recovery so I skipped flashing OFOX for RUI2 version.

But as I've mentioned above I was stuck in Realme, powered by android Spash screen and nothing more.

I have tried several things but nothing worked and then I did following steps and Voila! it worked.

1. Flashed ofox recovery for RUI 2.0 with fastboot.
2. flashed patched_vbmeta with following commad (use without quotes) "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta patched_vbmeta.img"
3. executed "fastboot reboot" command in CMD fastboot.

Now I have a fully functional system and it took only 2 minutes for my first boot (data not wiped)

Thank you @hack-os for his amazing guide and anyone who stuck in splash like me, follow above steps and you'll be out ;)

Reactions: hack-os

satish.yarramsetti

Feb 13, 2012
Hyderabad
Hello, I am not a beta tester or part of open beta. Yesterday I just checked software update and there is no update. I just opened Realme Trail and I can see there is an optional update to RUI 2 and I said yes.
Today I got the update for RUI2 and I am from India.

hack-os

Feb 3, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus One
Fixed it!!!

Okay I think I've found the solution.

I never wanted custom recovery so I skipped flashing OFOX for RUI2 version.

But as I've mentioned above I was stuck in Realme, powered by android Spash screen and nothing more.

I have tried several things but nothing worked and then I did following steps and Voila! it worked.

1. Flashed ofox recovery for RUI 2.0 with fastboot.
2. flashed patched_vbmeta with following commad (use without quotes) "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta patched_vbmeta.img"
3. executed "fastboot reboot" command in CMD fastboot.

Now I have a fully functional system and it took only 2 minutes for my first boot (data not wiped)

Thank you @hack-os for his amazing guide and anyone who stuck in splash like me, follow above steps and you'll be out ;)
Skipping custom recovery to have stock needs unpatched vbmeta. That why your boot got corrupted. Glad you fixed the issue with fastboot. The guide is mainly made to upgrade only with custom recovery and not using PC for fastboot.

You could still replace your recovery to stock recovery img in fastboot and flash RUI 2.0 A11 stock vbmeta ;)
fastboot flash recovery stock_recovery_RUI2_A11.img
fastboot flash vbmeta stock_vbmeta_RUI2_A11.img
Could give it a try. Even i haven't tried this but that should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImperoDroider

satish.yarramsetti

Feb 13, 2012
Hyderabad
But I could not unlock the phone after the update. the phone became useless. all I can see on the phone screen is network icons and a strange lock symbol at the centre of the status bar on top of the screen. nothing worked, like hard reboot, wipe data in recovery but wipe data with format worked but I lost all data for which I am not ready.

finally, format the device from Recovery and could boot properly and experiencing RUI 2.0 with Android 11. there are no issues when compared to C37, it is working like a charm.

hack-os

Feb 3, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus One
But I could not unlock the phone after the update. the phone became useless. all I can see on the phone screen is network icons and a strange lock symbol at the centre of the status bar on top of the screen. nothing worked, like hard reboot, wipe data in recovery but wipe data with format worked but I lost all data for which I am not ready.

finally, format the device from Recovery and could boot properly and experiencing RUI 2.0 with Android 11. there are no issues when compared to C37, it is working like a charm.
Updating from c.37 to F.10 Rui 2.0 does not have any issues when the instructions are followed right. It's weired to get issues to unlock the screen after updating to Rui 2.0. Share any screenshots of the strange lock symbol if it was taken. Glad, you found a way fix your problem.

satish.yarramsetti

Feb 13, 2012
Hyderabad
Updating from c.37 to F.10 Rui 2.0 does not have any issues when the instructions are followed right. It's weired to get issues to unlock the screen after updating to Rui 2.0. Share any screenshots of the strange lock symbol if it was taken. Glad, you found a way fix your problem.
Yes, it is strange. I did not do it manually from xda to follow instructions. I have received the update from Realme itself and the phone became unusable after the update until I format the device.

dooderooni

Oct 26, 2009
Yes, not related to this thread. we are getting officially from realme . go to settings, software update, trail, and register. you will get it in 24 hours. not sure if slots are full. somewhere I have seen there are 50,000 slots.
You may be getting it officially in India, but European and UK users have never had the option to take part in any of the beta programs.
My big worry is that when Realme eventually decide to include Europe in the rollout of the update then there is massive potential for all of the various online banking apps etc that are specific to each European country might not work, meaning that we'll have to stay on Android 10.

ste27.jah

Nov 12, 2014
Namur
Realme X2 Pro
Mod machine translation:
good evening anyone please try to install the rui 2.0 firmware on the European version with locked bootloader and stock recovery? Thanks for your answers
bonsoir quelqu'un s'il vous plaît essayez d'installer le firmware rui 2.0 sur la version européenne avec bootloader verrouillé et récupération de stock? Merci pour vos réponses

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Install RUI 2.0 (F.11) with OrangeFox - Dont format anything

After read all bugs i am happy with android 10😁
    Hello,
    I have to remove some posts from this thread because they are off topic to this thread. Developers or other users all have their own life and deserve some respects when they contribute to the community.

Please be civil and on topic when you post comments. Thank you.

Jerry
    Forum Moderator
    After read all bugs i am happy with android 10😁
    Hell yeah, I'll happily stay on RUI 1 with that issues list lol
    Where is the F11 Link to download?