Run 120fps within any app and any resolution you wish

Search This thread

Kevtrejo37

Mar 6, 2017
Columbus
Import this little profile here to tasker

PLEASE TRY IT WITH QHD

Follow the steps within profile

Beta 2 will theorically let you run strictly on 60hz and will run you back to 120 whenever you open an app that you desire to be refreshing at 120

Needed
Tasker
Patient
Knowledge on how to run adb commands until there's root.

Any app and resolution should give you the refresh rate you're looking for.

Please enjoy and report back.

Update Beta V2.2
https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=...WrgmW2Mlw=&id=Profile:Selective+120hz+Per+App

Last edited:

Kevtrejo37

Mar 6, 2017
Columbus
Are you saying this hasn't been tested yet?

They have been, but on a different device and have worked well,

I have been looking back and forth to aosp how they are managing the refresh rates. to force x fps they use min_refresh_rate & peak_refresh_rate. What i have done here is that i made a custom task when you open an app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 120.0, variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. Then when you exit the app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 60.0 variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. These are system variables so you have to make sure that you select system and dont just leave at global

VZTech

Dec 31, 2019

I have been looking back and forth to aosp how they are managing the refresh rates. to force x fps they use min_refresh_rate & peak_refresh_rate. What i have done here is that i made a custom task when you open an app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 120.0, variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. Then when you exit the app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 60.0 variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. These are system variables so you have to make sure that you select system and dont just leave at global

Could you make a version to force 120hz on qhd all the time? I don't care about batt life.

Reactions: Ali Mirza

Kevtrejo37

Mar 6, 2017
Columbus
Would it be possible to get 90 Hz with this?
There is but, the only problem that I have been having is that when you exit the app were you want to run it in my case my is 75hz. So let's say I have it set to open x app at 75 it will do it, but it won't reset it back down to 60 so it would just be stuck. So I am not doing any fps that aren't officially supported by the phone and oem.

owenbeals

Aug 24, 2010
This will not work with QHD, but i can confirm it does work with 1080p. It is forcing 120hz in Chrome browser when it was only doing 60hz before.

VZTech

Dec 31, 2019
Is it working on FHD+ at least ? A friend of my is getting his ultra tmrw might be able to update and get it to work this weekend once I test on his device

I think so...hard to tell. My only use for this is qhd and 120hz. So your saying stock, on fhd and 120hz doesnt work on all apps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Import this little profile here to tasker

PLEASE TRY IT WITH QHD

Follow the steps within profile

Beta 2 will theorically let you run strictly on 60hz and will run you back to 120 whenever you open an app that you desire to be refreshing at 120

Needed
    Tasker
    Patient
    Knowledge on how to run adb commands until there's root.

Any app and resolution should give you the refresh rate you're looking for.

Please enjoy and report back.

Update Beta V2.2
    https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=...WrgmW2Mlw=&id=Profile:Selective+120hz+Per+App
    Set 96Hz via adb and then also a command for medium power saving. Works fine ?

Original on reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/fqk5he/made_the_s20_display_run_at_96hz_so_much_better/

Could you make a version to force 120hz on qhd all the time? I don't care about batt life.
    Ok much appreciated was just trying to see if it was worth buying tasker for this profile alone and if it made everything better like battery before i purchased!basically is it worth getting tasker for this profile alone and does the profile make a difference i appreciate your reply thank you ?
    Well it is worth it imo. I use it to auto switch from 120 to 60 only for apps that play video or games(i play simple games anyway) everything else runs at 120.
    You can do other stuff with the app too but I haven't investigated too much beyond refresh rate profile.
    If you need someone to tell you to buy it, buy it! Lol