How To Guide Run an GSI on your Mi Pad 5

Search This thread

Namit1994

May 26, 2010
Corona, NY
I got Google's Android 12L GSI fully working on my Mi Pad 5 Pro Wi-Fi. I had to manually fix the following 2 issues though:

Display: Display was at 60hz. Changed to 120hz by using the adb commends mentioned on this post
Audio Stutter: I created my own Magisk module for the audio stuttering fix because the Mi Mote 10 Lite fix had libs and configs meant for that device specifically. Attached is my Magisk module fix based on files from stock Mi Pad 5 Pro WiFi ROM. This has not been tested on the non-Pro or the Pro 5G.

Enjoy

Attachments

• GSI Audio Stutter Fix - Mi Pad 5 Pro (elish).zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 225

Badmemories

Feb 19, 2022
I got Google's Android 12L GSI fully working on my Mi Pad 5 Pro Wi-Fi. I had to manually fix the following 2 issues though:

Display: Display was at 60hz. Changed to 120hz by using the adb commends mentioned on this post
Audio Stutter: I created my own Magisk module for the audio stuttering fix because the Mi Mote 10 Lite fix had libs and configs meant for that device specifically. Attached is my Magisk module fix based on files from stock Mi Pad 5 Pro WiFi ROM. This has not been tested on the non-Pro or the Pro 5G.

Enjoy
Your module worked on xioami mi pad 5 (nabu)
Thanks alot

manu_jedi

Jun 28, 2018
OnePlus 8 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

Enjoy
I did the same but (using a different audio_effects.xml) bt audio is still not working. Is it working for you?

manu_jedi

Jun 28, 2018
OnePlus 8 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Have you tried to turn-on/off the different settings in phh settings menu as described in some previous posts?
Have you also tried the 2nd magisk module given in one of the previous post?

BT is working for me, but I had also to use this 2nd magisk module and do some tricks in phh setting menu.
Yes with Phh settings it is working, but afaik there is no 12L build with them included.

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area

Enjoy
I tried Android 12L as well. I also didn't manage to get the Bluetooth working. So you didn't flash the Magisk module (from this tread) to fix the Bluetooth? And I use Nova Launcher to bypass the 12L launcher. But Nova wouldn't stick. I really didn't like the stock 12L launcher cause of the icon dock. But for the rest 12L seemed to work fine.

So I'm currently on A12 PE and very happy with it.

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
I just OTA updated my PE12 GSI without any problems. As it's a new feature of the Phh's custom A12 ROM I was kinda stressed if it would work. Attached a few screenshots. The only interaction it took was that I had to reboot after the message 'Slot switched'.
The ROM: https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases

Note: choose the Updater function from Phh settings
Note 2: on GitHub there is a remark not to use OTA updater when device is rooted with Magisk. This wasn't mentioned during update process so I took the OTA even though my device was rooted with Magisk. Device booted without a problem and update was installed but I lost Magisk root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-205657_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20220221-205657_PhhTrebleApp.png
    89 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_20220221-205717_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20220221-205717_PhhTrebleApp.png
    89 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20220221-210225_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20220221-210225_PhhTrebleApp.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20220221-210850_Samsung Internet.png
    Screenshot_20220221-210850_Samsung Internet.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

zyvex_14

Apr 24, 2016
Sainte-Geneviève-Des-Bois
I just OTA updated my PE12 GSI without any problems. As it's a new feature of the Phh's custom A12 ROM I was kinda stressed if it would work. Attached a few screenshots. The only interaction it took was that I had to reboot after the message 'Slot switched'.
The ROM: https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases

Note: choose the Updater function from Phh settings
Note 2: on GitHub there is a remark not to use OTA updater when device is rooted with Magisk. This wasn't mentioned during update process so I took the OTA even though my device was rooted with Magisk. Device booted without a problem and update was installed but I lost Magisk root.
I should have read your post earlier...

I did as well the OTA update and I lost magisk.
I tried to re-install it but it doesn't work, I still have Magisk as non-installed :( I can't make it work.

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
This is what I did, but still not working... I flashed on A partition and then on B one, but still nok.
Dropped a question in Telegram PE GSI group how to achieve root again

phhusson pointed me to a solution to remove the OTA update. Here are the steps, note that you will lose your data so backup first.

First enter fastboot mode of your device by powering device off
Hold power button + volume down
Then type this commands from you ADB terminal:
fastboot reboot fastboot (to enter FastbootD)
fastboot erase metadata (to remove OTA)
fastboot reboot
Stock recovery will apear --> wipe / factory reset
Reboot to system

You will be welcomed with the Pixel setup tutorial. Magisk was partially installed, had to reinstall by opening the app and reboot. Then I could easily chose the direct install option to obtain root again. Didn't have to reflash patched boot.img.

Steps to install v402 update manually and keep Root:

First enter fastboot mode of your device by powering device off
Hold power button + volume down
Then type this commands from you ADB terminal:
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot

Last edited:

Askalik

Feb 26, 2022
Hi,guys! Does Dolby Atmos work on any gsi? Sound on stock with Dolby is cool, I flashed pe11, sound get much worse. Is there any solution for that?

IAMPRISM

Nov 7, 2018
Poco F5 Pro / Redmi K60 (China)

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Only this one works rest cause bootloop
Thanks but it doesn't work on PE12 GSI. I tried to fix it by running these commands from terminal.

GitHub troubleshooting suggestions:

- You can disable your in-built dirac soundfx if you sure it's conflicting with Dolby:

setprop disable.dirac 1

- You can disable your in-built misoundfx if you sure it's conflicting with Dolby:

setprop disable.misoundfx 1

IAMPRISM

Nov 7, 2018
Poco F5 Pro / Redmi K60 (China)
Thanks but it doesn't work on PE12 GSI. I tried to fix it by running these commands from terminal.

GitHub troubleshooting suggestions:

- You can disable your in-built dirac soundfx if you sure it's conflicting with Dolby:

setprop disable.dirac 1

- You can disable your in-built misoundfx if you sure it's conflicting with Dolby:

setprop disable.misoundfx 1
Weird it works for me and i use the same gsi

Reactions: BiG_FooT

Top Liked Posts