Run google pay on Wear OS watch with Huawei Mate XS

Search This thread

McMethylated

Jan 27, 2018
I've finally found a way to have google pay running while having my Mate XS. I decided to buy a Wear OS smartwatch which comes with google pay hoping that thing would be easy enough to setup but because the GAPPS have been sideloaded, the phone refuses to connect my google accounts to the watch. If you follow my steps below, you'll be able to use your smartwatch smoothly with your Mate XS or any Huawei smartphones for that matter.

20210217_160159-min.jpg

PREREQUESITE:

1. Another smartphone which runs google apps from factory and supports google pay (tap&pay)

2. A computer that can run ADB (ADB on computer required to send commands to the watch)

3. Huawei phone (Mate XS in my case)

4. GAPPS installed and running on Huawei phone

Step 1:

Download Google Pay and Wear OS on both the Huawei phone and the other phone but don't open them.

Step 2:

Connect your google account(s) to the other phone, setup and pair your smartwatch to that phone and don't forget to copy your google accounts to the watch.

Step 3:

Setup your bank card(s) on Google Pay if not done already.

Step 4:

When the watch is connected to the other phone, turn off bluetooth of that phone.

Step 5:

Connect your watch to the computer and run ADB (Depending your watch brand, it can be done wired or wireless guide here)

Step 6:

Follow the guide from step 5 and when your watch is connected with the Huawei Mate XS, open google pay (ON THE WATCH)

Step 7:

The watch will prompt you to finish the bank card(s) setup on your phone, just follow the prompts and repeat the step on your watch should you want to add more cards.

Done!! Now you have your Google account(s) setup on the watch as well as google pay 😁😎🤘

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
I followed the steps but as the Google Pay on the watch starts to connect to the Google Pay on the Mate XS to add a card, the Google Pay on the Mate XS just shuts down, leaving the watch trying to add the card for good.

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
don't you think the watch is too old to work because normally it shouldn't close just uninstall google pay and try the installation?
It is not too old at all. It works the Google Pay normally with other very old phones. The watch does not close. What disappears is the Google Pay app on the Huawei Mate XS. It flashes out as the watch tries to add a credit card but it is still there as an opened app in the recent apps view. I can open it separately as an app but that doesn't do anything. I tried reinstalling Google Pay on the phone but getting the same result.

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
I got a new Fossil Gen 5 instead of the Huawei Watch 2. I followed the steps and ended up with the same result. Google Pay on the watch initiates the process of adding cards but on the phone Google Pay just opens then flashes out to the background for ever. Any ideas?

addx972

• Mar 19, 2007
    Huawei P40 Pro
    I got a new Fossil Gen 5 instead of the Huawei Watch 2. I followed the steps and ended up with the same result. Google Pay on the watch initiates the process of adding cards but on the phone Google Pay just opens then flashes out to the background for ever. Any ideas?
    so I have the same watch as you and the same phone also if it closes it's a problem with the way is to install the gms go in parameter in search type administrator of the device and make me a capture please and tell me you have freeze gfs ?

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
    so I have the same watch as you and the same phone also if it closes it's a problem with the way is to install the gms go in parameter in search type administrator of the device and make me a capture please and tell me you have freeze gfs ?
    Do you mean I get a screenshot of the listed administrators in the phone settings? What do you mean by freeze gfs?

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
    I wanted you to take a screenshot for me when you go to the settings I asked you to see what is enabled
    for the freezing of the gfs do you have any notifications that arrive?
    Here is a screenshot of what is in the administrator....I do not receive any notifications when Google Pay hangs in the background

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414_011509_com.android.settings.png
      Screenshot_20210414_011509_com.android.settings.png
      200.1 KB · Views: 10

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
    delete google pay and test again to add your card without installing the application
    I uninstalled Google Pay from on then phone and tried to add a card from on the watch. It did the same exact thing. It opened Google Pay on the phone (I believe as a Google Play Service) and then shut down kept running in the background

addx972

• Mar 19, 2007
    Huawei P40 Pro
    I uninstalled Google Pay from on then phone and tried to add a card from on the watch. It did the same exact thing. It opened Google Pay on the phone (I believe as a Google Play Service) and then shut down kept running in the background
    wait if I understand you correctly you have installed your watch on an android phone with the gms and you want to add your card on the android phone which is not huawei?

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
    wait if I understand you correctly you have installed your watch on an android phone with the gms and you want to add your card on the android phone which is not huawei?
    I have a Mate XS with gms installed and running well for a year now except Google Pay doesn't work. I followed the steps on post #1 above on my new Fossil Gen 5. The Watch is now connected to the Mate XS and Google Pay on the phone opens up then hangs to the background as I try to add a card on the watch.

addx972

• Mar 19, 2007
    Huawei P40 Pro
    I have a Mate XS with gms installed and running well for a year now except Google Pay doesn't work. I followed the steps on post #1 above on my new Fossil Gen 5. The Watch is now connected to the Mate XS and Google Pay on the phone opens up then hangs to the background as I try to add a card on the watch.
    ok i have no idea because i was able to transfer my watch without needing another phone and easily install google pay your watch is connected to another phone too right?