Run google pay on Wear OS watch with Huawei Mate XS

Search This thread

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
ok i have no idea because i was able to transfer my watch without needing another phone and easily install google pay your watch is connected to another phone too right?
No. Now it is only connected to the Mate XS. I think the problem has to do with Google Play Services. Which version of Google Play Services do you have ?

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
On another note, have you been able to have an internet connection on the Fossil Gen 5 via the phone BT connection (with WiFi off on the watch)?

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
yes it works well outdoors, check with the wears os application by pressing the three buttons at the top right
The watch is always connected to the Wear OS app via Bluetooth, no issue with that. The problem is have the Wear OS tethering the internet connection via Bluetooth as well.

addx972

• Mar 19, 2007
    Huawei P40 Pro
    The watch is always connected to the Wear OS app via Bluetooth, no issue with that. The problem is have the Wear OS tethering the internet connection via Bluetooth as well.
    Ah in Bluetooth you do not have internet!? So I have no idea on the subject because I have internet because it takes to be able to pay.

explicitcorp

Apr 15, 2021
    I have a Mate XS with gms installed and running well for a year now except Google Pay doesn't work. I followed the steps on post #1 above on my new Fossil Gen 5. The Watch is now connected to the Mate XS and Google Pay on the phone opens up then hangs to the background as I try to add a card on the watch.
    Did you ever get it working? I had a similar issue but I tried to first pair it with a different android tablet and it worked after that. Also were you able to resolve the internet over BT issue? I have that same problem now where the watch is connected via bluetooth but the internet only work with WIFI. Google pay doesn't need internet to work btw, you don't even need your phone near you and google pay will still work, it just stores your NFC card on their similar to how your actual card doesn't need internet to work either.

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
    Did you ever get it working? I had a similar issue but I tried to first pair it with a different android tablet and it worked after that. Also were you able to resolve the internet over BT issue? I have that same problem now where the watch is connected via bluetooth but the internet only work with WIFI. Google pay doesn't need internet to work btw, you don't even need your phone near you and google pay will still work, it just stores your NFC card on their similar to how your actual card doesn't need internet to work either.
    Google pay needs an internet connection once its stored tokens have been used, so you would need to make a connection only to get new tokens. Yes I was able to have Google Pay working. Please check my posts above to know how. Internet thethering over BT does not work for me so far. I have to keep WiFi on on the watch all the time, but outside home I only enable Wifi hotspot on my phone once I need the watch to be internet connected for a short period cause if I keep them all the time, it will kill the power on both the phone and the watch within few hours.

explicitcorp

Apr 15, 2021
    Google pay needs an internet connection once its stored tokens have been used, so you would need to make a connection only to get new tokens. Yes I was able to have Google Pay working. Please check my posts above to know how. Internet thethering over BT does not work for me so far. I have to keep WiFi on on the watch all the time, but outside home I only enable Wifi hotspot on my phone once I need the watch to be internet connected for a short period cause if I keep them all the time, it will kill the power on both the phone and the watch within few hours.
    Ya ofc you need internet to set it up, I was just saying it's not needed to actually make payments. I go out without my phone all the time and the payments still work... And ya I've been doing the mobile hotspot as well but it kinda sucks, I wish I could get it working normally.. I might try a Samsung watch next!

explicitcorp

Apr 15, 2021
    On another note, do you use the skeleton case that comes with the XS? I've had it on for like a week now since the phone was brand new and the adhesive is already coming loose so it keeps coming off near the fold part. Have you had this problem? I don't know if I should try to add some non permanent adhesive to try to get it to stick down better

addx972

• Mar 19, 2007
    Huawei P40 Pro
    On another note, do you use the skeleton case that comes with the XS? I've had it on for like a week now since the phone was brand new and the adhesive is already coming loose so it keeps coming off near the fold part. Have you had this problem? I don't know if I should try to add some non permanent adhesive to try to get it to stick down better
    I don't understand why you don't have internet in bluetooth when you open wear os and press the 3 small dots it is marked connected?

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
    The rubber part at the fold spot is non adhesive and it just tucks in. If the rest is well sticking in place, there should be no issue with all. I do not recommend you use a glue or so as it could ruin the body of the phone.

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
    I don't understand why you don't have internet in bluetooth when you open wear os and press the 3 small dots it is marked connected?
    Wear OS is connected to the watch via Bluetooth. When pressing the 3 dots there is "Disconnect.....". That's not the problem at all. The problem is that on the watch there is always a cross cloud icon and no internet connection what so ever.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone