Run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb! error. how to fix it?

Search This thread

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
i'm having this problem and i renamed my nand backups, but i do not remember the original names so i cant change them back.

but my problem is actually bigger, because i just created a brand new nand backup, did NOT rename it, and i still cannot restore it. i get the error:

error: run 'nandroid-mobile.sh restore' via adb

i just rooted and created 3 nand backups so far, and not one of them has worked to restore. i'm so lost. thanks.

Negrito

May 22, 2008
Las Vegas
www.fodografes.com
i'm having this problem and i renamed my nand backups, but i do not remember the original names so i cant change them back.

but my problem is actually bigger, because i just created a brand new nand backup, did NOT rename it, and i still cannot restore it. i get the error:

error: run 'nandroid-mobile.sh restore' via adb

i just rooted and created 3 nand backups so far, and not one of them has worked to restore. i'm so lost. thanks.

You try both the solutions below???

I just had this same error, and read through the solutions. None were relevant.

However, I changed my spaces to underscores in my file names and now it works. :)

Hope this helps someone else. Just make sure everything is in "one word".

all you need to do is plug your phone in and restore

just had that issue and it's a fail safe to ensure no bricking in case your phone dies

kashb91

Dec 17, 2009
Florida
im not sure, but i got that error before. all i did was delete a few files to free up some space on the card. after that, the error went away. but im not sure if thatll help with restoring thought. worth a try.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Happy Camper.

Oh man I don't know what I would do without this site haha. Went to do a NAND, got this problem, knew it wasn't a space issue because I have over 13GB free, and I know it wasn't a rename issue as I've done this NAND a few times, so after reading through this site, checked my battery. and wala!

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
Had a similar issue on my Nexus one after I had renamed the file, but google led me to this thread and it worked again when I plugged in the charger - I was pretty low on battery at the time as well.

sorenfrey

Jun 26, 2010
Oh man I don't know what I would do without this site haha. Went to do a NAND, got this problem, knew it wasn't a space issue because I have over 13GB free, and I know it wasn't a rename issue as I've done this NAND a few times, so after reading through this site, checked my battery. and wala!

it's not wala, it's voila. It's french and means something like "see there". Yes, I'm a nitpicky a*hole ;)

quinnray

Nov 12, 2009
Just to add my 2c here.
I wasn't able to restore my nandroid backup.
Just got it to work after hrs of wrestling with it.
It kept failing with the above error.
I found a great help was to copy the log onto the SD card and view what the error was.
In my case the md5 was failing on cache.img.
I regenerated a new md5 for it and replaced it in the md5 file.
The restore then took place sucessfully!
now booting, I hope no impact to the bad md5 on the cache.img.. about to find out :)

<EDIT> She's not liking the bad cache.img :(

Last edited:

orchard_112

May 9, 2010
Another Solution

Had same error...
1) Had full battery
2) Renaming without spaces didn't work

3) My solution. Was to make a new backup of the ROM I was coming off of, and placing the old nandroid bu into the folder of the new backup, deleting the new bu and restoring the old one -

Worked for me for those that still get stuck on the first two.

kiario

Sep 16, 2008
Cartagena
It seems that every one of these afects a Nandroid Restore.I just verified...I plugged the phone (4% battery) and tried to restore...Didnt work...I renamed the file to his original name,but without plugging the phone...Didn't work...Finally,the file with his original name,and plugged,he restored perfectly...
I didn´t try with the card space,because of 900 Mb free,but in my opinion,everyone of these issues affects a NAND RESTORE.
Sorry about my english...:)

corrosivefrost

Jun 20, 2010
I ended up here because I was having an error... turns out you can have spaces in the folder names.

I had renamed the containing folders to "ROM IMAGE NAME vXY"... replacing the spaces with hyphens worked like a charm.

jcitron

Jul 25, 2010
Tallahassee
It's probably been mentioned above, but make sure if you're doing a nandriod+ext back-up that you're actually running a ROM that uses an extra partition. :p

When I switched to a froyo ROM that doesn't use the partition I didn't pay attention and wondered why it wouldn't let me back it up.

Silly me, the standard nandriod back-up worked just fine.

n1_m0ds

Jul 27, 2010
I know how to solve!!

okay just free up some space on the sd card, then it should work! im so happy!:):)