• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Running Windows XP on Android [Update: Windows 2000 and screenshots added]

Search This thread

jetta20162

Mar 7, 2010
Macau
Hello,
i'm currently trying to set up windows xp via virtualbox on android 2.3.4 MIUI ( HTC HD2 EU). I've SDL installed, image created with virtual box, but the image has a *.vdi extension. And it seems that SDL can't handle this. Any idea to convert VDI2IMG?

Update(06/29/11):
- Testing some more ms operating systems...
- images now created with QEMU
- Sorry for the screenshot quality (HTC Touch 2)

!HELP WANTED!

Attachments

• IMAGE_036.jpg
    IMAGE_036.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13,635
  • IMAGE_034.jpg
    IMAGE_034.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 9,831
  • IMAGE_032.jpg
    IMAGE_032.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 10,691
Last edited:

jetta20162

Mar 7, 2010
Macau
I've uploaded some screenshots (bad quality, 'cause taken with HTC Touch2) with the boot menu of windows xp and the BSOD on the HD2. Currently creating a new image with 128MB RAM...hope that one works

Edit: screenshots are on 1st post now

Last edited:

jetta20162

Mar 7, 2010
Macau
So it seems that Windows XP failed to run, now loading up Windows 2000...i dont give up for now! More in a few minutes...

uploading Windows 2000 Pro now...

boot loop :(

Last edited:

jetta20162

Mar 7, 2010
Macau
I didn't think XP or 2000 would run in an ARM processor environment?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

Here is the answer: yes and no :( i have to modify the configuration, maybe it works after that correctly.

And... it's just an emulator like vmware but for android and wm devices ...and it should work! :)

So Windows 2000 displayed the spash screen as shown in the attachment, but then BSOD :(

Edit: screenshot attachments moved to 1st post

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    i'm currently trying to set up windows xp via virtualbox on android 2.3.4 MIUI ( HTC HD2 EU). I've SDL installed, image created with virtual box, but the image has a *.vdi extension. And it seems that SDL can't handle this. Any idea to convert VDI2IMG?

Update(06/29/11):
    - Testing some more ms operating systems...
    - images now created with QEMU
    - Sorry for the screenshot quality (HTC Touch 2)

!HELP WANTED!
    thats epic dude, a real blue screen of death on our HTC HD2.
    There's a virtualbox on android ?
    So it is booting up to the splash screen now and then FC :( maybe i have to decrease the ram size...
    I remember cotulla could run Windows embeded 2003... i saw it somewhere in his site.. sad that he did not release it.