[RUU][DEVS ONLY][For Porting] HTC Pico [Sense 3.5][Android 2.3.5][Sense Zero]

Search This thread

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
Found this while searching around google. It's a leaked RUU for the HTC Pico "explorer" which is a light version of Sense 3.5 on android 2.3.5 or most commonly known as "sense zero". I thought I would post it up so that you'll can start porting over to the hero.

The Pico specs are rather similar to our phone so it shouldn't be to difficult for someone to port it over, it's also mdpi so no resizing will be necessary.

If you are already considering taking on this project then more than likely you already know how to setup a flashable rom from a ruu but in case you need some refreshing the following will help:

Instructions:
- dsixda kitchen will need to be installed prior to starting.
1. Run RUU and leave open
2. Type %TEMP% in your computers start menu search bar.
3. Search through the folders in there with the long names with numbers and letters, you'll find a zip file named "rom.zip" in there.
4. Place the rom.zip in the original_update folder located in the "kitchen" directory
5. From there follow the steps on the kitchen menu to setup the rom.
6. Then proceed to porting to the hero. :]

- Download Pico RUU

Credits to capychimp for posting the leak up.

Majin101

May 8, 2010
i feel quite thankful cause u guys still workin on the hero. u guys are awesome i hope i get the same phone as u guys haha and follow more of your works

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
Also, just a heads up, this thing may be running a new kernel, so it might not boot on first port with any of the kernels currently available to us. Someone good with kernels should be able to help out if this is the case?

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
Good looking out Flash. I'm actually going to try this ( which is laughable) .this phone just goes to show that the HTC hero is still perfectly capable of keeping up with android even with sense UI. Thanks to the devs and good luck to all.

Reactions: thanku7

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
I'm actually in the process of getting one off of my employer, they lend out old refurbished phones they have in storage in case our personal phones need replacing or what not. I already submitted a report claiming my phone is having some problems, so hopefully by Tuesday I should have a hero again for a bit.

Most people go for some of the newer phones they have in stock but I asked for a hero specifically lol. They're really cool about trying to get you the phone you ask for and since no one asks for heros anymore I'm pretty sure they'll loan me one. =]

Thanks for the offer though griffin, if for some reason I don't get the phone I'll let you know to see if we can work something out.

flashinglights

Jun 4, 2011
Texas
Continuous boot loops currently. Doesn't even get far enough for a logcat

私のEVO 3Dから送信される

Have you checked the log of the flash process? Maybe there's something going wrong with the installation.

Do the following:
1. Flash rom
2. Right after the rom flashes start up an adb shell
3. followed by: cat /tmp/recovery.log > /sdcard/recovery.log

This will copy the recovery log to your sdcard. Check it to see if there's anything wrong with the installation. If everything looks correct then more than likely it's the kernel. I unfortunately have no experience with kernels, maybe jaybob will see this and help out?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found this while searching around google. It's a leaked RUU for the HTC Pico "explorer" which is a light version of Sense 3.5 on android 2.3.5 or most commonly known as "sense zero". I thought I would post it up so that you'll can start porting over to the hero.

The Pico specs are rather similar to our phone so it shouldn't be to difficult for someone to port it over, it's also mdpi so no resizing will be necessary.

If you are already considering taking on this project then more than likely you already know how to setup a flashable rom from a ruu but in case you need some refreshing the following will help:

Instructions:
    - dsixda kitchen will need to be installed prior to starting.
    1. Run RUU and leave open
    2. Type %TEMP% in your computers start menu search bar.
    3. Search through the folders in there with the long names with numbers and letters, you'll find a zip file named "rom.zip" in there.
    4. Place the rom.zip in the original_update folder located in the "kitchen" directory
    5. From there follow the steps on the kitchen menu to setup the rom.
    6. Then proceed to porting to the hero. :]

- Download Pico RUU

Credits to capychimp for posting the leak up.
    I'll check it out

私のEVO 3Dから送信される
    Thanx bro ill start on it .hope this IS better than what I have been doin
    Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
    Thanks for posting this :) should save a ton of headaches lol. Rom.zip has been pulled and is being worked on ;)

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    you could probably port our build we have already. Might be simpler than doing it from scratch as we all learned from the Heroc side. Had to wait for our dear chinese friend idogx to port it from scratch for the GSM hero. Then we ported it from there. Our build is pretty active atm. Worth checking out :) I'm sorting out incoming call problems for us but other than that it's a really stable build. Most users of the Heroc are deactivated and use it for nostalgic reasons anyways so it's not that big of a deal.