[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 4.06.651.4 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM

Search This thread

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Anyone been able to get this RUU to work? The rom.zip doesn't flash. I get an error 158 every single time or it gets stuck on checking headers.

I got the ruu.log from the C:\ directory but, it doesn't say much other than getting info from android-info from inside the rom.zip seems to fail.

I'm S-OFF and on the rumrunner Hboot. Also, have the latest TWRP installed.
It is designed to run from your PC not through fastboot.

Reactions: pinky059

varunrs

Dec 4, 2009
I downloaded the RUU from the post that OMJ made later. When I try to run the ARUWizard.exe, it gives me an error - something about sid-to-side configuration is wrong. Does that mean it was a bad download and I should download it again.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Has anyone had success using this RUU?
Maybe @OMJ can take a look at it and make sure there is not an issue with it. :D
Seems to be more folks saying they are having issues and any of the other RUU threads.

Torayem

Aug 1, 2005
I got it to work either but here is what i did ,maybe it helps

first i went to badboys thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635051
and installed 4.06.651.4_firmware.zip
with the following codes
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot

i was on hboot 1.44 and 4.2.1 since i sim unlocked my phone with the great help of excellent guy BD619

so i was trying to use this RUU while i am on those specs

***UNLOCKED***
M7_WLS_PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-SPCS_001
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-1.00.20.0315
OpenDSP=V26.120.274.0202
eMMC-boot
May 8 2013,16:30:08:-1

And after installing the firmware.zip my hboot went to 1.56 i dont know if this wrong or bad but is what i noticed

then i went to install this RUU and it worked like a charm
hope that helps

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

its just asking me now for activation and i dont know how to bypass it :(

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

NOW i need help please
this hands free activation is filling up my screen , even i have signals to another carrier in egypt
how to bypass this screen pls

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

ok passed screen , just left it till no connection

now WIFI is not working
i can see my network but its not connecting , just scanning and trying to connect

Reactions: pinky059

Torayem

Aug 1, 2005
U got wfi to by
Renaming my phone to HTC one on the wfi settings wfi direct
Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

pinky059

Oct 8, 2010
Baltimore
Samsung Galaxy S20
I got it to work. Seems the error was because of the Hboot. I did the full firmware for 4.0 as well (not the modified), was S-OFF (retained S-OFF of course), and had hboot 1.56. It then worked.

Odd that i had to have a different hboot, recovery, or kernel (boot) because those would have been the only thing not in the modified_firmware I flashed earlier.

Either way, thanks!!

varunrs

Dec 4, 2009
Error

I have downloaded the RUU multiple times but this is the error I keep getting when I click on ARUWizard.exe.
Can someone please help as I can't get the phone to start in any other mode than fastboot and needed to RUU it urgently.

View attachment 2602926

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we have the RUU for the Sprint HTC One 4.06.651.4!!! This RUU is for the Sprint One ONLY to restore your phone back to stock. If you are S-ON, you MUST relock your bootloader prior to using this RUU.

HUGE Thanks to the dude who hooked me up, you're awesome!

credit to @-viperboy- for decrypting, thanks!

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** you must first update your hboot to 1.56 to flash this 4.06 RUU, see full firmware below ( I recommend being s-off before doing so)

4.06.RUU.png

How to use:

-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip
    -extract zip to a folder on your pc
    -boot into bootloader (various ways)
    -using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader (S-ON ONLY)
    -from pc, run ARUWizard.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

DEVs, here is the Decrypted version!

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU_decrypted.zip

These new RUU's now have the system.img split into 3 imgs. You must combine prior to extracting. Copy all 3 to a folder, then...

Use this cmd for Windows:

copy /b system_1.img + system_2.img + system_3.img newsystem.img

Use this cmd for Linux:

cat system_1.img system_2.img system_3.img > newsystem.img

credit to @-viperboy- for the cmds, thanks!

Here is the extracted Firmware:

Full Firmware from RUU (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407568410

Modified Firmware w/ Radio....removed hboot, boot, recovery (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407574146

some basic instructions for flashing the modified firmware....

-rename firmware to firmware.zip
    -copy firmware.zip to your sdk folder
    -boot into bootloader
    -plug in usb
    -select fastboot option (screen should say fastboot usb)
    -type Fastboot oem rebootRUU
    -when u see the black screen w/ HTC, type Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    -when it's done, type Fastboot reboot

Here's a nice video from @thoughtlesskyle showing you how to flash the firmware:

Stock Rooted Romz Made From The RUU

Sprint_One_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_4.06.651.4.zip
    MD5 5603e630ddffc29a9dd20c96867c1853

Sprint_One_Stock_Rooted_Odex_4.06.651.4.zip
    MD5 022aad5e626f08ea6899d7390320324c

Unsecure boot img. init.d support, data/app support

If you get the Side by Side Configuration error while using the RUU you need to install Microsoft Visual C++
    ok, the correct firmware is now posted :eek:
    oops, looks like I got my rom.zip's mixed up...my bad, will fix & re-up
    OP updated with 4.06 firmware, which includes the radio & much more that were not in the OTA....this will be especially handy for users that are on older versions of JB that need to get caught up.