[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 4.06.651.4 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM

Search This thread

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Here we have the RUU for the Sprint HTC One 4.06.651.4!!! This RUU is for the Sprint One ONLY to restore your phone back to stock. If you are S-ON, you MUST relock your bootloader prior to using this RUU.

HUGE Thanks to the dude who hooked me up, you're awesome!

credit to @-viperboy- for decrypting, thanks!

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** you must first update your hboot to 1.56 to flash this 4.06 RUU, see full firmware below ( I recommend being s-off before doing so)

4.06.RUU.png

How to use:

-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip
-extract zip to a folder on your pc
-boot into bootloader (various ways)
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader (S-ON ONLY)
-from pc, run ARUWizard.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

DEVs, here is the Decrypted version!

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU_decrypted.zip

These new RUU's now have the system.img split into 3 imgs. You must combine prior to extracting. Copy all 3 to a folder, then...

Use this cmd for Windows:

copy /b system_1.img + system_2.img + system_3.img newsystem.img

Use this cmd for Linux:

cat system_1.img system_2.img system_3.img > newsystem.img

credit to @-viperboy- for the cmds, thanks!

Here is the extracted Firmware:

Full Firmware from RUU (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407568410

Modified Firmware w/ Radio....removed hboot, boot, recovery (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407574146

some basic instructions for flashing the modified firmware....

-rename firmware to firmware.zip
-copy firmware.zip to your sdk folder
-boot into bootloader
-plug in usb
-select fastboot option (screen should say fastboot usb)
-type Fastboot oem rebootRUU
-when u see the black screen w/ HTC, type Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
-when it's done, type Fastboot reboot

Here's a nice video from @thoughtlesskyle showing you how to flash the firmware:

Last edited:

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
Last edited:

mingo2120

May 20, 2009
If I were to do the Ruu and im s-off with hboot 1.55 will it update me to 1-56 hboot and still have s-off. I read on a thread that by flashimg the Ruu will eliminate my phone not able to update profile and prl. I jhave been having issues in updating my profile with code 1233, currently in Bad Boyz Rom 1.0 4.06

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

olorolo

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thank you for offering this option so soon, it's greatly appreciated and saves so much time!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

systemshock869

Aug 30, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
This is what I get every time. After following this guide I am normally able to use fastboot/adb just fine.

I am on rumrunner hboot 1.55.5555
Let me know what other info I can provide.. Please help!

Edit:

I ran the utility on my XP computer, and it gave me a little more info: "The ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone. Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again."

Attachments

• fastboot.PNG
    fastboot.PNG
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,652
Last edited:
Reactions: SSOFOFO

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
Is the RUU different than the OTA?

The end result are the same.
The OTA will update the the version of android you are on and keepall of your data intact
The RUU will wipe everything on your phone and reset it as it was when it was brand new but with the latest version of android or the version of the RUU you are using.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

This is what I get every time. After following this guide I am normally able to use fastboot/adb just fine.

I am on rumrunner hboot 1.55.5555
Let me know what other info I can provide.. Please help!

Edit:

I ran the utility on my XP computer, and it gave me a little more info: "The ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone. Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again."

Can you confirm the windows 8.1 drivers are installed?

Reactions: Riff76

numus

Jan 8, 2008
The end result are the same.
The OTA will update the the version of android you are on and keepall of your data intact
The RUU will wipe everything on your phone and reset it as it was when it was brand new but with the latest version of android or the version of the RUU you are using.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Can you confirm the windows 8.1 drivers are installed?

Thanks... knew that part but was wondering why anyone would rebase based on the RUU then.

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Thanks... knew that part but was wondering why anyone would rebase based on the RUU then.

when u install an OTA, alot of files are "patched", RUU is just cleaner. When I diffed the 4.06 dump against the RUU, most of the files were binary equal but there were 250+ that were not.

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
OP updated with 4.06 firmware, which includes the radio & much more that were not in the OTA....this will be especially handy for users that are on older versions of JB that need to get caught up.

Last edited:

booreux

May 13, 2008
no more simultaneous voice + LTE

OP updated with 4.06 firmware, which includes the radio & much more that were not in the OTA....this will be especially handy for users that are on older versions of JB that need to get caught up.

i updated to kit kat and now I don't have simultaneous voice and LTE which I used to have...anyone else notice this? I know that simultaneous voice and 3G was never an option(unlike the EVO 4G LTE) but I always had simultaneous LTE + Voice...this sucks!!

jaybombz

Jun 13, 2009

I'm trying to run the RUU but I am getting an error 158. The installer runs and gets my phone to the black HTC screen then it fails. After exiting the installer my phone does a reboot and I'm back into my ROM (Bad Boys 4.4.2 v1.1). My phone is running unlocked HBOOT 1.44 and is S-OFF. Any ideas? Searching has netted some hits on other device forums but nothing terribly helpful for the One specifically. Should I take the Rom.zip out of the 4_06_651_4 folder and try to flash it with fastboot? If so is that ok to do unlocked or do I need to do an oem lock first?

Last edited:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
This is exactly what I'm trying to do but I am getting an error 158. The installer runs and gets my phone to the black HTC screen then it fails. After exiting the installer my phone does a reboot and I'm back into my ROM (Bad Boys 4.4.2 v1.1). My phone is running unlocked HBOOT 1.44 and is S-OFF. Any ideas? Searching has netted some hits on other device forums but nothing terribly helpful for the One specifically. Should I take the Rom.zip out of the 4_06_651_4 folder and try to flash it with fastboot? If so is that ok to do unlocked or do I need to do an oem lock first?
You run this RUU from your PC not fastboot.

jaybombz

Jun 13, 2009
You run this RUU from your PC not fastboot.
Understood, apologies if my post wasn't clear. When running the RUU installer from my PC I get an error 158. I was asking if anyone knows what is causing this/how to fix it or if I can work around it by manually running fastboot flash zip rom.zip and if that was safe to do unlocked.

Thanks for your help!

sevarious

Apr 20, 2006
Unless I am mistaken, you have to relock your bootloader to run the RUU.

Understood, apologies if my post wasn't clear. When running the RUU installer from my PC I get an error 158. I was asking if anyone knows what is causing this/how to fix it or if I can work around it by manually running fastboot flash zip rom.zip and if that was safe to do unlocked.

Thanks for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we have the RUU for the Sprint HTC One 4.06.651.4!!! This RUU is for the Sprint One ONLY to restore your phone back to stock. If you are S-ON, you MUST relock your bootloader prior to using this RUU.

HUGE Thanks to the dude who hooked me up, you're awesome!

credit to @-viperboy- for decrypting, thanks!

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** you must first update your hboot to 1.56 to flash this 4.06 RUU, see full firmware below ( I recommend being s-off before doing so)

4.06.RUU.png

How to use:

-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip
    -extract zip to a folder on your pc
    -boot into bootloader (various ways)
    -using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader (S-ON ONLY)
    -from pc, run ARUWizard.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

DEVs, here is the Decrypted version!

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU_decrypted.zip

These new RUU's now have the system.img split into 3 imgs. You must combine prior to extracting. Copy all 3 to a folder, then...

Use this cmd for Windows:

copy /b system_1.img + system_2.img + system_3.img newsystem.img

Use this cmd for Linux:

cat system_1.img system_2.img system_3.img > newsystem.img

credit to @-viperboy- for the cmds, thanks!

Here is the extracted Firmware:

Full Firmware from RUU (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407568410

Modified Firmware w/ Radio....removed hboot, boot, recovery (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407574146

some basic instructions for flashing the modified firmware....

-rename firmware to firmware.zip
    -copy firmware.zip to your sdk folder
    -boot into bootloader
    -plug in usb
    -select fastboot option (screen should say fastboot usb)
    -type Fastboot oem rebootRUU
    -when u see the black screen w/ HTC, type Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    -when it's done, type Fastboot reboot

Here's a nice video from @thoughtlesskyle showing you how to flash the firmware:

Stock Rooted Romz Made From The RUU

Sprint_One_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_4.06.651.4.zip
    MD5 5603e630ddffc29a9dd20c96867c1853

Sprint_One_Stock_Rooted_Odex_4.06.651.4.zip
    MD5 022aad5e626f08ea6899d7390320324c

Unsecure boot img. init.d support, data/app support

If you get the Side by Side Configuration error while using the RUU you need to install Microsoft Visual C++
    ok, the correct firmware is now posted :eek:
    oops, looks like I got my rom.zip's mixed up...my bad, will fix & re-up