Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Warning! There is a huge risk that you will permanently loose root with no way to regain root. Do not flash s-on before you flash this RUU. You will permanently loose root if you do!!!

Incredible_C_GB_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.2_Radio_2.1 5.10.07.07_NV.zip - 180.6 MB
MD5 Sum: 096d841530dd2f223ef4a1b701c7d429​

Install Instructions:
•Rename the file to PB31IMG.zip
•Drop it on the root of the SD Card
•Boot into the bootloader
•Flash as usual

Next go here* to learn how to get root back. Your phone must still be s-off in order to regain full root.
*Sorry guys link is down. I'll add in the instructions here tomorrow.

Want to contact unrEVOked on IRC about the root situation and how you can help?
You can speak to the unrEVOked team live.

Go to: unrEVOked IRC

IRC Instructions:
1. Type in a nickname into the nickname box. This is your name that will be displayed during the chat.
2. Type in the captcha.
3. Press connect.

Once connected the page will load and give some brief info. The page will fully load and you will notice a list of usernames on the right. These are all the people currently in the IRC chat. You will also notice a text box at the very bottom of the page. Just type what you want to ask or say there and press [enter] on your keyboard to send your message. Just wait after you send your message. Someone will soon reply. The IRC is similar to an instant messenger, its just web based.

Hopefully this will help some of you to know where to go to get the info you need for this issue.

Disclaimer Please do not abuse this IRC channel. I'm sure unrEVOked is very busy trying to keep up with all these demands for new root patches. Lets not spoil this line of communication while we have it. Keep your questions clear and to the point. Also try to include only important information during your chat. Most importantly, be respectful and professional.

Last edited:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
So I pulled the RUU today, extracted system.img via yaffsexpert app from the market. Transferred to my PC for inspection. build.prop is exactly the same as the other leak using diff. I don't see any significant difference but we'll wait to hear from one of the official devs if there is a difference.

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
So I pulled the RUU today, extracted system.img via yaffsexpert app from the market. Transferred to my PC for inspection. build.prop is exactly the same as the other leak using diff. I don't see any significant difference but we'll wait to hear from one of the official devs if there is a difference.

Also, the boot.img from the RUU broke adb for me. Maybe I have to do something special with it.

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
So everybody who did this is unrooted now or what

If you flashed the zip file in the OP then it will return you to stock recovery and you will be unrooted yes. I don't know about S-OFF though, I'm not sure if it reverts it. It will install the bootloader but I thought S-OFF was deeper in the system than that. Maybe someone who installed this can tell us. If you're still S-OFF you should be able to flash a custom recovery. It will say S-ON or S-OFF at the top of the bootloader.

wildstang83

Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Also, the boot.img from the RUU broke adb for me. Maybe I have to do something special with it.

Check the build.prop for sdk level and make sure your sdk is updated to what is required by this rom. Your Android drivers may be out of date? I'm just talking to hear myself talk, but it sounds good enough to check our bases here.

So everybody who did this is unrooted now or what

Yes if you flash this as is you are now unrooted.

evilstewie23

Jul 6, 2011
If you flashed the zip file in the OP then it will return you to stock recovery and you will be unrooted yes. I don't know about S-OFF though, I'm not sure if it reverts it. It will install the bootloader but I thought S-OFF was deeper in the system than that. Maybe someone who installed this can tell us. If you're still S-OFF you should be able to flash a custom recovery. It will say S-ON or S-OFF at the top of the bootloader.

K thanks guess ill just wait to get this when I unroot for the official ota as soon as it cones out and someone discovers another rooting method for 2.3

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I got the nag on first boot but havent after that

I rebooted a few times and got it every time. Hmm... I wonder if it's just me. I think I've figured out how to stop it though. Testing to make sure.

EDIT: LOL! I may have flashed the original one I had. Let me double check.

I'm pretty sure I flashed the original instead of the new. I had them named to close to the same. Sorry. :D

Last edited:

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
Check the build.prop for sdk level and make sure your sdk is updated to what is required by this rom. Your Android drivers may be out of date? I'm just talking to hear myself talk, but it sounds good enough to check our bases here.

Yes if you flash this as is you are now unrooted.

I actually compared the build.prop in this to the build.prop in the rooted zip released earlier this week using diff and they're identical. It was the first thing I did as soon as I extracted the system.img from the RUU.

When I reverted to the earlier boot.img from the rooted zip or the boot.img from the leak a few months ago I got adb back. I don't think it's a change to the kernel but I bet they modified the ramdisk to disable adb.

Yep, confirmed it was disabled in the ramdisk. If you want/need adb access don't use the boot.img from the RUU today.

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I actually compared the build.prop in this to the build.prop in the rooted zip released earlier this week using diff and they're identical. It was the first thing I did as soon as I extracted the system.img from the RUU.

When I reverted to the earlier boot.img from the rooted zip or the boot.img from the leak a few months ago I got adb back. I don't think it's a change to the kernel but I bet they modified the ramdisk to disable adb.

Yep, confirmed it was disabled in the ramdisk. If you want/need adb access don't use the boot.img from the RUU today.

+1 just tried it and ADB is disabled.

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011

Do you know how to edit and repack boot.img files?

If so all you have to do is to unpack and change default.prop to this:

Code:
#
# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES
#
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

Try attached. It should work with adb and I believe have module compatibility with my OTA modules zip.

Attachments

• boot.img.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 32

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I got the nag on first boot but havent after that

Okay, after enough reboots I can say the following about the location nag:

1) If "Standalone GPS" is enabled, you get the nag on every reboot. If you disable that, you don't.

2) If "Fast Boot" is enabled and you power down, then boot up, you won't get it. Reboot doesn't use "Fast Boot" so you get the nag after every reboot. I guess we'll have to hack it to get rid of that.

3) If "Fast Boot" is disabled and you power down, then boot up, you get nagged.

I still see no reason why they delayed the OTA since nothing seems to be changed.

wildstang83

Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com

Hmm, thats nice to know. I wonder if you guys remembered to go check the adb check box? If so and it isn't working and is disabled how hard it would be to enable it.

wildstang83

Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Okay, after enough reboots I can say the following about the location nag:

1) If "Standalone GPS" is enabled, you get the nag on every reboot. If you disable that, you don't.

2) If "Fast Boot" is enabled and you power down, then boot up, you won't get it. Reboot doesn't use "Fast Boot" so you get the nag again. I guess we'll have to hack it to get rid of that.

I still see no reason why they delayed the OTA since nothing seems to be changed.

Maybe because of the wifi issue. Has anybody checked to see if we have wifi back now?

wildstang83

Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Do you know how to edit and repack boot.img files?

If so all you have to do is to unpack and change default.prop to this:

Code:
#
# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES
#
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

Try attached. It should work with adb and I believe have module compatibility with my OTA modules zip.

Are you saying you got adb to be enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning! There is a huge risk that you will permanently loose root with no way to regain root. Do not flash s-on before you flash this RUU. You will permanently loose root if you do!!!

Incredible_C_GB_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.2_Radio_2.1 5.10.07.07_NV.zip - 180.6 MB
    MD5 Sum: 096d841530dd2f223ef4a1b701c7d429​

Install Instructions:
    •Rename the file to PB31IMG.zip
    •Drop it on the root of the SD Card
    •Boot into the bootloader
    •Flash as usual

Next go here* to learn how to get root back. Your phone must still be s-off in order to regain full root.
    *Sorry guys link is down. I'll add in the instructions here tomorrow.

Want to contact unrEVOked on IRC about the root situation and how you can help?
    You can speak to the unrEVOked team live.

Go to: unrEVOked IRC

IRC Instructions:
    1. Type in a nickname into the nickname box. This is your name that will be displayed during the chat.
    2. Type in the captcha.
    3. Press connect.

Once connected the page will load and give some brief info. The page will fully load and you will notice a list of usernames on the right. These are all the people currently in the IRC chat. You will also notice a text box at the very bottom of the page. Just type what you want to ask or say there and press [enter] on your keyboard to send your message. Just wait after you send your message. Someone will soon reply. The IRC is similar to an instant messenger, its just web based.

Hopefully this will help some of you to know where to go to get the info you need for this issue.

Disclaimer Please do not abuse this IRC channel. I'm sure unrEVOked is very busy trying to keep up with all these demands for new root patches. Lets not spoil this line of communication while we have it. Keep your questions clear and to the point. Also try to include only important information during your chat. Most importantly, be respectful and professional.
    I think there's a chance if we can revert the bootloader which has been done before. Only thing is, I'm not sure if this exact method can still be used...this was reverting back to 2.1 and 0.77:

http://androidforums.com/incredible...16-how-revert-back-earlier-version-hboot.html

I checked out adrynalyne's revert.zip file and it contains a flash_image and mtd0.img file. Also, the part about needing Clockwork is misleading as noted later in the thread.

I followed the links backward he referenced to make the thread and there is certainly evidence that people downgraded their bootloaders in similar fashion. If you can get that done, you could then apply the 2.2 PB31IMG from the SD card and root using Unrevoked.

Edit: May have just wasted your time. Will SU be needed for those push commands to /data? I was thinking that would only be the case for push to /system but I'm starting to think I'm wrong.
    Wifi does work on other custom ROMS with the OTA kernel. I made a post on Nil's Sense 3 ROM page that I got it working by flashing via the anykernel updater vs the ROM flash method of using boot.img. Just extract the boot.img from the OTA leak's kernel and copy zImage to the kernel section of the zip and grab the bcm4329.ko from the OTA and place in /system/lib/modules.
    Well WiFi works but only on the inc gb ota Rom it doesn't work with custom roms which isn't what Verizon is aiming for they just want it to work with their official.software....ill download this try and compare with the ruu I recieved

I'm not a dev but I'll confirm that...my wifi works better now than it has in a long time.

I'm running jermaine's debloated gb rom with the new radio.