• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RUU LEAK] Froyo 1.70.605.0 Radio 1.39.00.0627r

Search This thread

bagsofcole

Dec 2, 2009
Wesley Chapel
If I did flash this over a rooted, s-off Bolt, would it survive?

See, I bought my phone from this dude that already had rooted it(don't know which method). Anywho, I came from the Incredible, and I'm about to go back. This thunderbolt is a POS! I see the possibility of greatness, but no matter which rom or radio or combination or screen protector or case or phase of the moon, I am having odd issues.

So if I was to start from scratch, and root it myself, maybe my ThunderBolt will ride the lightning!

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
jussss doooo it...

See, I bought my phone from this dude that already had rooted it(don't know which method). Anywho, I came from the Incredible, and I'm about to go back. This thunderbolt is a POS! I see the possibility of greatness, but no matter which rom or radio or combination or screen protector or case or phase of the moon, I am having odd issues.

So if I was to start from scratch, and root it myself, maybe my ThunderBolt will ride the lightning!

And, would ya like some encouragement? Personally,, I never buy anything from "this dude". Or, Am I just feeding a troll?

bagsofcole

Dec 2, 2009
Wesley Chapel
And, would ya like some encouragement? Personally,, I never buy anything from "this dude". Or, Am I just feeding a troll?
I don't feel like a troll, but not really sure what that means. What's in the past is behind me, I now have the damn phone and want it to outperform my old Incredible. For ****'s sake, I have my INC wedged in my speedometer right now tethering cause the TB can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Just need reassurance I won't end up with a $$$brick.

I was reading some other post about a 'newer root method' that is 'safer and better...' and thought that however he rooted it (over 2 months ago) could be the root of my issues. Hay, I was under contract and craigslist just made sense.

bagsofcole

Dec 2, 2009
Wesley Chapel
I guess I can use jcase's "howto return to stock for root[and nonroot] users, then re-root, then flash... just looking for knowledge, and a shortcut.

I guess my real question is Will it wipe, or bootloop?

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
ahhh.

I don't feel like a troll, but not really sure what that means. What's in the past is behind me, I now have the damn phone and want it to outperform my old Incredible. For ****'s sake, I have my INC wedged in my speedometer right now tethering cause the TB can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Just need reassurance I won't end up with a $$$brick.

I was reading some other post about a 'newer root method' that is 'safer and better...' and thought that however he rooted it (over 2 months ago) could be the root of my issues. Hay, I was under contract and craigslist just made sense.

OK. I'm getting more of the "big picture" now. Understandable. Now, if you have the time and are so inclined/skilled/brave, carefully go back to stock and then re-root with the ROM of yer linking. That way, you'll know exactly of what you speak. Enjoy. Let us know how it went.

No one will ever give you 100% assurance that you won't brick. It's a dev forum (well, most of the time). We'd like to hear good and bad, but with the bad we need specifics and logcats in order to help.

I can assure that the TB can "walk and chew" quite well. Just take your time, do your research like the rest of us did, then sit back and be proud of what you did and what these devs do. Maybe even thank them or, heaven forbid, toss them some greenbacks for the huge amount of work it takes to make "walk and chew" really work.

Namaste amigo-san.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled stuff: How's the new radio working for you guys? Let's hear it!

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
take yer time.

I guess I can use jcase's "howto return to stock for root[and nonroot] users, then re-root, then flash... just looking for knowledge, and a shortcut.

I guess my real question is Will it wipe, or bootloop?

Shortcuts are ill-advised. Print out directions. Study same. You CAN do it. We did.

bagsofcole

Dec 2, 2009
Wesley Chapel
Shortcuts are ill-advised. Print out directions. Study same. You CAN do it. We did.

Mr. Miyagi:
Enough with your pearls wisdom. I'm 500 miles from home and need my phone for just about everything. I just need to know if the dog will hunt! I have invested a lot of time and money in this community. So I'm not a dev, but without people like me working in the wireless industry, you would be stringing two cups between you and your mom to tell her Happy Birthday. F*&^ is a simple answer too much to ask?

By design, (i understand the risk) can you flash a RUU onto a rooted, s-off phone and end up with a working device?

dirtyfingers

Jan 7, 2011
Wisconsin

It says right in the op DO NOT flash this over a rooted phone. Just wait til jcase puts out a rooted version and use that if you wish. He might have already done it, I havnt checked yet.

Edit: Flash this rooted version http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1160374

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts