[RUU] & [ROM] M8 Google Play Edition | Marshmallow 6.0 MRA58K.H15 | 7/27/2016

Search This thread

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Also got the .H9 update. Still no 5.1.1

I'm pissed of with hTC for taking out one of the most useful features

Face unlock/ smart unlock with know face

Probably the last hTC for me (I think hTC will go bankrupt or be bought by someone else by the end of next year)

Make a backup... Attached is Face/Smart unlock, flash in a custom recovery

There is really no point in 5.1.1 it doesn't fix anything for us. Plus HTC did include most if not all the fixes/Memory leaks in 5.1.1

Attachments

• GPE_FaceUnlock_SmartUnlock.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 132

iOStoAndroid

Aug 10, 2010

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Is it possible to flash any of those files without erasing everything on the phone? Until now I always flashed the whole RUU. I'm currently on a rooted LMY470.H6 with Super-CID 11111111 and like to just do the update without deleting everything.
Thank you for the help.

If your on the stock h6 ruu either wait for the update or download the update.zip and place on you sdcard. Boot into recovery and flash the update.zip, there is usually an option to update from update.zip

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Thanks for that. Enough reason to root I guess (for me)

you don't have to root, just need to flash a custom recovery.

Attached is the Stock Recovery and TWRP. Put the files on the root of an ext sd rename the one you want to flash to 0p6bimg and boot into hboot and let it flash. So you can get TWRP on this way flash the face unlock and you'll be golden. If you want the stock recovery back then do the same with that file. Just know that all updates will fail rooted or not so the stock recovery will be pointless.

Attachments

• TWRP_2.8.7.0_0p6bimg.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 135
  • Stock_Recovery_0p6bimg.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 123
Reactions: Sckank

CzarDestructo

Jun 20, 2008
Boston,MA
My apologies if this has been answered but I can't seem to find the answer. If I'm rooted and want to install the update.zip supplied by graffixnyc, how do I go about installing it? Trying from TWRP gives me an fingerprint error and trying to sideload from the stock recovery isn't possible because I don't have the option in the menu nor an option to update from ZIP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

andresi

Mar 12, 2010
Im on Pre-Rooted LMY470.H6 how can i Update to the new OTA?

Flash Stock Recovery, unroot the Phone with SuperSU, I have SuperCID must i change to GoogleCID?

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN

Trinition

Dec 16, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
I was on the pre-rooted H6 ruu and was feeling brave this morning after I got the OTA notification. I used the permanently unroot feature in SuperSU, rebooted, and installed the OTA update with no issues..

I've never tried SuperSU's 'permanent unroot' feature before (I guess I didn't realize that was even there).

So after you did this, what did you have to do to re-root?

P_Dub_S

May 23, 2007
Temple City, CA
I am getting the dropout of cell connection randomly since I have RUU converted to GPE from Sense. I remember reading somewhere in this thread that what I need to do is fastboot flash the 1.54.401.5-W_Splash.zip to go back to sense firmware then I can reboot back into bootloader and go through the RUU update again from my sdcard to go back to GPE? I will be making a backup of my current install so i can just restore again after I convert so I don't have to go and reinstall all my apps and logins again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please view this thread in a web browser
    M8 Google Play Edition RUU and Flashable Stock ROM
    OZZdLkn.gif

7/27/2016 - Android 6.0 - Build MRA58K.H15 - Firmware version 5.07.1700.15

*Disclaimers*

* There is always a chance things may go wrong. As always, you take responsibility for what you do with your device, you should know what your getting yourself into. If you don't, STOP! Please do not flash this! You need to READ, READ, READ the OP and these forums until you feel confident enough to do so.

* This is not a general discussion thread. This thread is to support the RUU and ROM. So keep your chatter to a minimum. Again... this is not a general discussion thread, please refer to the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting or General section and post your questions there.

* This is not a custom ROM. These are stock unaltered images. If there are bugs in the OS, please report them to Google and HTC, these are things I can not fix.

Special Notes
    1. I suggest you try the flashable ROM first before using the RUU to "convert" your device. *Flashable ROM is S-ON compatible.
    Remember, you DO NOT need to use or "convert" to any GPe firmware to boot the ROM, it works fine with Sense firmware. There have been users reporting issues with false battery % reporting and might shut off around 10 percent or you might see a sudden 10% drop or spike in the battery percentage. Firmware could be the issue... I just don't know, only it doesn't seem to happen on converted devices.

2. The RUU is meant for restoring GPe devices and for those who want to "convert" their device to GPe. *Must be S-Off

3. There is a bug starting with MRA58K.H15 with Google account backup. On a clean install of the ROM or RUU you will get an error when trying to restore your account, you also won't be able to add an account from the Settings>Backup & reset.
    Flash this fix before first boot, if you decide to flash this fix with the RUU it is important to know it will break OTA's as the bug is from HTC/Google so when the OTA verifies the sha1 of the services.jar it will fail.

MRA58K.H15 services.jar Backup account fix, also includes the DND priority mode fix
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686680535467942

Prerequisites for flashing RUU's and firmware
    1. Must have knowledge of adb and fastboot plus a working setup on your PC, Linux or Mac.
    Note: Mac and Linux users, the fastboot and adb commands presented in the instructions below must include ./ so it would be ./fastboot or ./adb but you already knew that.
    If you have issues flashing anything with fastboot that was packaged with the Android SDK try HTC's version. PC HTC fastboot, Mac HTC fastboot, Linux HTC fastboot.
    2. HTC drivers installed. HTC sync should be uninstalled or make sure it doesn't launch when your phone is connected.
    3. A microSD card
    4. Must be S-Off

GPe RUU

*Please do not convert your phone if you don't understand what your getting yourself into.

*Anytime you flash an RUU it will wipe /data /cache & internal storage.

*GPe device or not, the RUU is not signed with HTC's special keys so you must be S-Off.

*About using the RUU to convert to GPe*
    *GSM Devices Only! Verizon and Sprint / CDMA devices are not compatible. Dual SIM M8's are also not compatible.
    *Converting to GPe, you must be S-Off.
    *Converting to GPe will partition your /system to 1 gig. The Sense partition is 2.62 gig, you will have to convert back to flash Sense ROMs again.
    *When receiving OTA updates, it is likely they will fail if you have made any /system alterations like removing or adding apps. When the script verifies the /system it checks every single app, framework and bin files
    *The latest SuperSU.zip is safe, systemless root doesn't modify the system so accepting OTA updates while rooted with this method isn't an issue.

Changing the CID

All these CID and MID's will be accepted for the update, including superCID 11111111
    "This is whats in the android-info.txt in the firmware part of the OTA"

Code:
    modelid: 0P6B10000
    modelid: 0P6B12000
    modelid: 0P6B13000
    modelid: 0P6B11000
    modelid: 0P6B15000
    modelid: 0P6B16000
    modelid: 0P6B17000
    cidnum: GOOGL001
    cidnum: 11111111
    cidnum: CWS__001
    cidnum: T-MOB010
    mainver: 5.07.1700.14
    btype:0
    aareport:1
    hbootpreupdate:3
    Make note of your original CID and MID. If your MID isn't listed in that list then you probably don't have a GSM device. If your device is indeed a GSM device you should not have to change your MID.

How to check:
    adb shell or terminal emulator: getprop ro.boot.cid in 6.0 use getprop ro.cid and getprop ro.boot.mid or getprop ro.mid
    In fastboot: fastboot getvar all

If your MID is one of the following please stop and do not use the RUU, you have a CDMA device and this RUU is not compatible.
    Verizon 0P6B20000
    Sprint 0P6B70000
    Europe M8 Dual sim 0P6B64000 <--- It is a GSM device but still not compatible.

Changing the CID
    1. adb reboot bootloader "press enter" Wait till phone reboots into fastboot
    *Alternatively, Power off device then Hold Power and Volume Down, select fastboot, plug phone into PC
    2. fastboot oem rebootRUU "press enter" Wait till the phone is in RUU mode (black screen with HTC logo)
    3. fastboot oem writecid GOOGL001 or superCID 11111111 "press enter"
    4. fastboot reboot-bootloader "press enter"

Changing the MID. *Optional* Google MID is 0P6B17000
    If you have a GSM device you may choose to change the MID to match the Google version so you know OTA's don't fail but so far it's not necessary since HTC has been nice enough to include all the GSM MID's in the android-info.txt in the firmware part of the update and updater scripts.
    Refer to this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708581

Flashing the RUU

Method 1
    *ADB / Fastboot*
    First, make sure you have the path to adb and fastboot setup in your system environment variables
    When you open a command prompt, open it in the folder the zip is in. Hold shift, Left Mouse click, open command prompt here.

1. Rename the RUU.zip to something short and easy like RUU.zip
    2. adb reboot bootloader "press enter" Wait till phone reboots into fastboot
    3. fastboot oem rebootRUU "press enter" Wait till the phone is in RUU mode (black screen with HTC logo)
    4. fastboot flash zip RUU.zip "press enter"
    *You will get the following message: FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
    *RUU mode will reboot,
    *Now run the same command again,
    5. fastboot flash zip RUU.zip "press enter"
    6. fastboot reboot-bootloader "press enter"
    7. Select hboot, Do a factory reset in recovery. To enter the recovery menu when greeted by the Android with an exclamation, Hold Power button and click Volume UP.
    8. Done, reboot system

Method 2
    *External / mircoSD card*

1. Rename the RUU.zip to "0p6bimg" or "0p6bdiag" Note: the name is not case sensitive
    2. Place the zip in the root of your external SD card
    3. Power off the phone
    4. Boot into Hboot (hold volume down as you power on the device)
    5. The zip will automatically load and ask you if you would like to proceed
    6. Select "Yes"
    7. Wait, the zip will load the hboot first, it will then reboot and continue
    8. Reboot then remove your sdcard. Hold Power and Volume UP until it reboots then Hold Power and Volume down until you get back to hboot.
    9. Do a factory reset in recovery. To enter the recovery menu when greeted by the Android with an exclamation, Hold Power button and click Volume UP.
    10. Done, reboot system

If you followed the steps above and it hasn't booted within 15-20 minutes, try booting TWRP or Philz and do a factory reset from there, it has worked for others.
    Did you know you can boot TWRP or Philz without flashing it. If you downloaded twrp or philz in a zip extract the image first.
    1. Hold Power and Volume Up til your device reboots then immediately Hold Power and Volume Down, select fastboot, plug phone into PC
    2. fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-m8.img "or whatever the recovery.img is called" "press enter" Don't freak!, it will say "downloading 'boot.img'..." TWRP or Philz will start in a few seconds.

Root

Systemless Root Simply flash the SuperSU.zip with a custom recovery.

TWRP 3: Official TWRP image download
    SuperSU Beta: Always the newest release. http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133
    SuperSU Stable: http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/stable-2016-09-01supersu-v2-78-release-t3452703

You can still flash TWRP if you prefer... but, since you did the RUU I bet you want to keep the stock recovery for OTA's.
    Did you know you can boot TWRP without flashing it...?
    *Alternatively, Power off device then Hold Power and Volume Down, select fastboot, plug phone into PC
    2. fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-m8.img "press enter" Don't freak it will say "downloading 'boot.img'..." TWRP will start in a few seconds.
    3. Now you can flash SuperSU and your stock recovery will still be there after rebooting to accept OTA's

NOTE: OTA updates should work without issue with systemless root but you will have to re-root after every update.

Xposed

Xposed will cause OTA's to fail a system integrity check. Xposed will break Android Safety Net.

1. Flash the framwork with TWRP. xposed-vXX-sdk23-arm.zip http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/
    2. Install the Material design Xposed app http://xdaforums.com/xposed/material-design-xposed-installer-t3137758

Gravitybox for Marshmallow. (Best collection of tweaks and mods for AOSP based ROMs)
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ceco.marshmallow.gravitybox

Sense Camera and Gallery

*Simply install these apks. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=94923

1. The Camera app com.htc.camera-6.70.858966-762001572.apk has all the features your expecting, HTC removed a lot with the newer updates. If your wanting the newest app search apkmirror.

2. Gallery app com.htc.album_9.51.755029-862171354.apk

3. To play Videos... install com.htc.video-7.0.493811-660011498.apk

6.0.1 Dex2oat

This will break OTA's, will interfere if installed after Xposed... Xposed uses it's own dex2oat file
    This will drastically improve first boot time and boot time after wiping caches, app installations will also be super quick.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69685151&postcount=5147

Download
    AFH Repository
    DevDB
    Graffixnyc Repository

Flashable GPe ROM

Update to TWRP 3 Official TWRP image download

Special notes:
    [*] Compatible with all M8 variants except Dual SIM
    [*] Builds use the AROMA installer. Options include...
    • Stock-No Root, Traditional Root or System-less Root.
    • Magisk with SuperSU, Magisk with Phh Superuser
    • Google account bug fix and Do Not Disturb (DND) Priority mode stared contact bug fix
    • FM radio
    • 6.0.1 emoji
    • more...
    [*] Nothing special it's a stock ROM, flash it in a custom recovery like any other ROM out there.
    [*] S-ON compatible
    [*] There have been users reporting issues with false battery % reporting and might shut off around 10 percent or you might see a sudden 10% drop or spike in the battery percentage. Firmware could be the issue... I just don't know, only it doesn't seem to happen on converted devices.

Install: using TWRP 3
    1. Perform a data / factory reset if coming from a different ROM *If your updating this ROM no wipe is necessary.
    2. Flash ROM.
    3. Reboot and Enjoy!
    4. First boot will take 5 to 10 minutes, on average I've noticed it takes about 7.

Changelog

12-22-16
    Updated SuperSU to 2.79 R1
    Fixed install script error with CDMA devices on stock install

12-4-16
    Added options for:
    1. Google Account fix *.H15 introduced a bug with Google backup account.
    2. FM Radio *Full Wipe must be done to enable module, if module is already enabled and radio is working dirty flashing is fine
    3. dex2oat mod *Xposed, systemless or official will overwrite this mod with their own dex2oat files.
    4. 6.0.1 emoji's *Works with Google keyboard maybe others... but I only use Google keyboard
    5. Xposed v87
    6. Magisk universal systemless interface *Note: Magisk_Manager_v2.5.apk will be copied to sdcard, please install after ROM set up
    7. Phh superuser with Magisk install
    8. Magisk systemless Xposed v87
    9. Restore stock recovery on GSM devices when stock install is selected to restore device for OTA's if needed.
    10. Updated SuperSU to 2.78 SR4

6.0.1 Dex2oat

Will interfere if installed after Xposed... Xposed uses it's own dex2oat file
    This will drastically improve first boot time and boot time after wiping caches, app installations will also be super quick.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69685151&postcount=5147

Sense Camera and Gallery

*Simply install these apks. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=94923

1. The Camera app com.htc.camera-6.70.858966-762001572.apk has all the features your expecting, HTC removed a lot with the newer updates. If your wanting the newest app search apkmirror.

2. Gallery app com.htc.album_9.51.755029-862171354.apk

3. To play Videos... install com.htc.video-7.0.493811-660011498.apk

Xposed

1. Flash the framwork with TWRP. xposed-vXX-sdk23-arm.zip http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/
    2. Install the Material design Xposed app http://xdaforums.com/xposed/material-design-xposed-installer-t3137758

Gravitybox for Marshmallow. (Best collection of tweaks and mods for AOSP based ROMs)
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ceco.marshmallow.gravitybox

AT&T users please read.

If you have updated your device to firmware version 6.20.502.5 you will probably have no phone service while connected to LTE.
    In the recent update, AT&T added Voice over LTE or HD voice to the M8. GPE doesn't support VOLTE so you will not receive calls.

Options to fix this
    1. Call AT&T and get them to turn off the VOLTE service,
    2. Disable LTE in "Settings>More>Cellular network settings>Preferred network type" and only use 3g or HPSA
    3. Convert the device to GPE, DevEdition or WWE. * Could also try rolling your device back to AT&T firmware version 4.28.502.2

A users post about this issue. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67955540&postcount=4913

Download
    AFH Repository
    DevDB

* There is a bug starting with MRA58K.H15 with Google account backup. On a clean install you will get an error when trying to restore your account, you also won't be able to add an account from the Settings>Backup & reset. Flash this fix after the rom but before first boot.
    MRA58K.H15 services.jar Backup account fix, also includes the DND priority mode fix

Firmware

What is firmware you ask. By most peoples definition here on XDA it would be any other software that does not pertain to the OS and kernel. Usually there are two essential pieces of software that are needed to run the device and OS. The first is working drivers, in Android it would be the kernel and modules which is the software that lets your OS talk to the hardware. The second is firmware, which is a small piece of code that is flashed directly to the device for it to function correctly. Firmware is a way of programming the hardware inside the device itself.

*Must be S-Off to flash these firmware files. The firmware.zips are not signed with HTC's special keys so they will fail if your S-On. The zips do not contain a boot.img or recovery.img, you can flash them over any ROM without issue.

*If the GPe ROM booted and your not having any major issues I suggest you leave your firmware alone... but if you choose to you could flash the GPe firmware without hboot (hboot is the booloader). This will give you parts of the GPe firmware like radio and adsp while retaining your Sense partition of 2.62gig, plus your internal storage won't get wiped in this process. Then if you decide to flash a Sense ROM later you don't have to go through the hassle of converting back. Sense ROMs work perfectly fine with the GPe firmware without hboot, but if you want to get back to your carriers original firmware its a simple matter of flashing a firmware zip.

*Depending on device and firmware one might experience false battery % reporting and might shut off around 10 percent. Converting or flashing GPe firmware without hboot should fix the issue

Flashing instructions

Method 1
    1. Rename the firmware zip to "0p6bimg" or "0p6bdiag" Note: the name is not case sensitive
    3. Power off the phone
    6. Select "Yes"
    8. Make sure to delete or rename the Op6bimg.zip on your external sdcard when your finished

Method 2
    *ADB / Fastboot*
    First, make sure you have the path to adb and fastboot setup in your system environment variables
    When you open a command prompt, open it in the folder the zip is in. Hold shift, Left Mouse click, open command prompt here.

1. Rename the firmware.zip to something short and easy like firmware.zip
    2. adb reboot bootloader "press enter" Wait till phone reboots into fastboot
    3. fastboot oem rebootRUU "press enter" Wait till the phone is in RUU mode (black screen with HTC logo)
    4. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip "press enter"
    *You will get the following message: FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
    *RUU mode will reboot,
    5. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip "press enter"
    6. fastboot reboot-bootloader "press enter"

Download
    Latest firmware zips, GPe, Sense, Recoveries, TWRP

AFH Repository

Returning to Sense after GPe conversion

While directions are provided here, this is not a support thread for how to return to sense. Directions are basic and straight forward which include, flashing stock firmware and recovery, doing a factory reset, flashing TWRP, doing another factory reset and then flashing a ROM or RUU. Original return to Sense thread.

* First, make sure you have the path to adb and fastboot setup in your system environment variables

1. Refer to "Restoring your CID and MID" below and change your CID to 11111111

2. You use this firmware package. 1.54.401.5 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589439
    If that doesn't work, download one of the firmware packages that includes the stock recovery and boot.img https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=42101

* You can flash the firmware zips with the sd card method if you prefer, once your done proceed to step 9

3. Rename the firmware.zip to something short and easy like firmware.zip
    4. adb reboot bootloader "press enter" Wait till phone reboots into fastboot
    5. fastboot oem rebootRUU "press enter" Wait till the phone is in RUU mode (black screen with HTC logo)
    6. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip "press enter"
    *RUU mode will reboot,
    7. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip "press enter"
    8. Done. fastboot reboot-bootloader "press enter"

9. Do a factory reset in recovery. If you boot into recovery and the menu doesn't appear and your greeted by a "red triangle with an exclamation" hold volume up and click power, if that doesn't work reverse the button combo.
    *Alternatively, do a factory reset from the Hboot menu.

10. Reboot back into the bootloader
    11. Flash TWRP 2.7.0.2, Fastboot method: fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.7.0.2-m8.img or Ext. SD card method.
    12. Boot into TWRP
    13. Perform a full factory reset
    14. Reboot recovery
    15. Install a Sense ROM, restore a backup or flash an RUU
    * Below in the "Flashing the RUU" tab the latest Sense MM and LP RUU.zips are available.

Restoring your CID and MID

Your CID and MID must match the RUU you want to flash. Chances are you never messed with the MID but if you did you should probably change it back. Refer to this thread if you did change your MID. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708581

How to check:
    adb shell or terminal emulator: getprop ro.boot.cid and getprop ro.boot.mid
    In fastboot: fastboot getvar all

Not sure what your CID & MID was originally? Here is a list.
    If you don't remember try using Super CID 11111111

Code:
      CID	           MID	         Carrier

CWS__001	0P6B12000	AT&T
    T-MOB010	0P6B13000	T-Mobile
    GOOGL001	0P6B17000	Google Play Edition
    BS_US001	0P6B12000	Developer edition
    BS_US002	0P6B13000	Developer edition
    HTC__023	0P6B11000	Australia
    HTC__032	0P6B10000	Europe
    HTC__001	0P6B10000
    HTC__J15	0P6B10000
    HTC__E11	0P6B10000
    HTC__203	0P6B10000
    HTC__102	0P6B10000
    HTC__405	0P6B10000
    HTC__Y13	0P6B10000
    HTC__A07	0P6B10000
    HTC__304	0P6B10000
    HTC__016	0P6B10000
    HTC__M27	0P6B10000
    HTC__K18	0P6B10000
    HTC__002	0P6B10000
    HTC__A48        0P6B10000
    2. fastboot oem rebootRUU "press enter" Wait till the phone is in RUU mode (black screen with HTC logo)
    3. fastboot oem writecid XXXXXXXX "press enter" replace xxxxxxxx with a cidnum
    4. fastboot reboot-bootloader "press enter"

Flashing the RUU

First option RUU.exe from HTC. Simply run the RUU.exe from your PC to return to stock.
    http://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html
    UK and international users. 4.16.401.10 RUU.exe
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347849198

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second option. RUU.zip
    These RUUs were made by decrypting the official HTC RUU.exe's using this tool

NOTE: Flash these with the external sd card method. Fastboot from the Android SDK will fail with an error saying the system.img is to big. If you want to flash these with fastboot you will need to use HTC's fastboot which are linked in the top of the OP under Prerequisites for flashing RUU's and firmware.

Latest Sense Marshmallow 6.0 RUU's
    * WWE International * DevEdition * AT&T * TMOUS *

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=41675

Flashing the RUU.zip

Method 1

1. Rename the RUU.zip to "0p6bimg" or "0p6bdiag" Note: the name is not case sensitive
    3. Power off the phone
    6. Select "Yes"
    8. Reboot then remove your sdcard. Hold Power and Volume UP until it reboots then Hold Power and Volume down until you get back to hboot.
    9. Do a factory reset in recovery. To enter the recovery menu when greeted by a "red triangle with an exclamation", Hold Volume UP and click Power.
    10. Done, reboot system

FAQs & Issues

FAQs

Q. Can I take OTA updates?
    A. If you did the non rooted RUU and your /system is unaltered, you have the stock recovery and you have changed the CID to GOOGL001 then YES, yes you can.

Q. Is this compatible with my device?
    A. The ROM and RUU are only compatible with GSM devices. If you got your phone through Verizon or Sprint then No you can't use this. Dual SIM M8's are also not compatible.

Q. Do I have to be S-Off to use the flashable stock ROM?
    A. No

Q. Do I have to convert or use GPe firmware to use the flashable stock ROM?
    A. No. If your phone had Sense 6 5.0.1 out of the box or you had taken that OTA, your bootloader is unlocked and have TWRP installed then your good to flash the stock ROM.

Q. I can't get RRO layers to work, what am I doing wrong?
    A. Nothing, RRO Layers was not included by HTC. So in short it doesn't work nor will it ever! Don't even ask!

Q. How do I enable the SystemUI Tuner in 6.0?
    A. Pull down the notification shade, Long press the settings gear. It's hard to see but the gear will spin under your finger. Press and hold, this may take a long time and may take multiple attemps but you will get a toast saying the "SystemUI Tuner is active". The menu will appear in the settings under About phone.

Q. How do I enable multi window in 6.0
    A. You need to edit the build.prop, look for ro.build.type=user change it to ro.build.type=userdebug save the file and reboot. If you haven't already you need to enable developer options. In About phone you have to tap the build number several times to enable. In developer options you'll find the multi window switch about 3/4ths the way the down the settings list.

Q. Does the duo camera Ufocus and 3D effects work on GPe?
    A. Yes it does. Google camera supports the duo effect. HTC FX editor is a stock feature of GPe so Ufocus and 3D effects all work.

Q. I don't see Trusted face in Smart lock, am I missing something?
    A. Trusted face was removed in 5.0.1, probably to make room in the /system. Trusted face for (M8) GPe Marshmallow. Ported from the Nexus 6

Q. I can't get Titanium Backup to work with my sd card, I keep getting an insufficient free storage error.
    A. Take a look at this post. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64064833&postcount=3714

Q. I'm having Ext. SD card permission issues with ***** app. It can't write to my external microSD card.
    A. In Lollipop and Marshmallow your app needs to be granted permissions to the root of the Ext. SD card by DocumentsProvider Storage.
    1. The app may need updated. Usually the app will open the DocumentsProvider so you can select your card.
    2. Make sure when you selected the Ext. SD card in DocumentsProvider that you were in the root directory.

Issues

* MRA58K.H15 Backup account fix, also includes the DND priority mode fix

* WiFi may drop out when the screen is off. This issue involves more then just firmware. 5.0.1 and 5.1 used new DHCP protocols, 6.0's protocols are updated and work better on legacy devices but you may have less or no drop out issues with newer WiFi routers.

* Do not disturb / Priority mode is broken... HTC added some code from sense that has broken your notifications from starred contacts when DND is enabled. When DND is enabled with "Priority Only" and a starred contact sends you a text or phone call the ringer should sound and vibrate depending on what your configuration is, but what happens is when the contact is validated its looking for a column "VIP" in the contacts.db, well "VIP" doesn't exist in Google contacts only in Sense contacts... so it doesn't validate and you don't get the notification. Flashable fix.
    Thanks to @kbitz for the fix.

* Android 6.0 has an MMS bug that will require you to reboot your phone every couple of days or sending and receiving MMS will become proplematic. Issue tracker on the subject.

Special thanks
    loserskater
    Captain_Throwback
    Chainfire: Root
    obtained
    pasker17
    fcukmayank
    DwadeCham
    TheStaticVoid

original op

XDA:DevDB Information
    Google Play edition, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    graffixnyc, enewman17
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 5.07.1700.15

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: MRA58K.H15
    Stable Release Date: 2016-07-27

Created 2015-11-07
    Last Updated 2017-03-31
    How to go back to Sense

SUPPORT THREAD FOR GOING BACK TO SENSE CAN BE FOUND HERE
    No support for going back to sense will be provided in this thread. Please do NOT post in the thread asking about how to get back to sense. That's not what this thread is for. Thanks
    Ok I have read over the last few pages of this thread... lets clear some air here

1. This is NOT a custom rom.. do not report bugs.. if there are bugs, report them to Google HTC, not this thread.. The rom is a stock unmodified rom (or rooted rom depending what you downloaded). We do not need your logcats, we can't tell you why ABC app is not working or how to get ABC app to work. That's something that needs to be taken up with the developer of that app and or google/htc. It's a new version of an OS. Anytime there is a new version of an OS there are going to be app compatibility issues in the beginning.. Deal with it...

2. This is NOT a 6.0 general disscussion thread... if you have questions that are general to 6.0 ask them somewhere else..

this thread is to support flashing the RUU and the ROM only.. Posts that do not have to do with flashing the rom or the RUU do not belong here. Again.. this is not a general discussion thread. Please create a new thread in Q&A and post general questions there..

I have closed the thread in the past because of people being completely off topic.. This thread is to support flashing the RUU and ROM and any issues that have to do with flashing.. This is not a free for all thread.

If this thread does not stay on topic I will close it like i have in the past until people get the point... If your issue isn't related to flashing the rom or ruu then it doesn't belong here and you should post elsewhere...

And yes, I know I repeated many things in this post... I did that on purpose..
    @graffixnyc, I've updated to LMY470.H6 and built some RUUs.

RUU-HTC_One_M8_GPE_5.1-4.04.1700.6_rooted.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759039
    RUU-HTC_One_M8_GPE_5.1-4.04.1700.6.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759040

I also have the stock boot, radio, recovery, and firmware available:

boot.img: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759030
    radio.img: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759032
    recovery.img: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759031
    firmware.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759036

Uploading a stock flashable rom as well, but I'll post that in the other thread.
    Thanks ... You're a saviour
    I've RUU my HTC international with rooted 5.0.1
    It's like a brand new phone... works like a charm.
    Just hope i'll get OTAs as it seems pretty random
    And as mrfriday2010 said "good job should always be rewarded"...Enjoy
    Wow! Thank you! I am just floored by the generosity of everyone.. I really really appreciate it! Thank you! Sometimes when I read my threads an see all the complaints I think "why do I do this?" you guys have made me see why I do it. I don't do it for the credit.. I don't do for any other reason but for the community. Some people do it for recognition, some do it for the donations.. I love looking at my server stats and seeing the number of downloads.. That's my thing.. Knowing that something you have worked on has been downloaded tens of thousands of times by people from all over the world.. That's an awesome feeling... When I look at my Google analytics and see that there are visitors from pretty much every country and every continent it's awesome. That and knowing I helped the community is why I do it. Thank you!