[RUU] RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.2_Radio_32.49.00. 32U_5.11.05.27_release_151783

Search This thread

nenadr

Feb 17, 2008
Belgrade
WiFi-N,WiFi-stnadby,CIF+UTF8,tun.ko and OpenVPN, different governors and perflock

Hi,

does anyone knows how to make/get (WiFi-N/WiFi-stnadby),CIF+UTF8,tun.ko and OpenVPN, different governors and undervolt drivers and perflock disabler for new kenrnel 2.6.32.15-gf5a401c which is in this 2.29.405.2 ROM ?

Is the change in vermagic of modules for previous 2.6.32.15 kernels, sufficient to make them work on this new one ?

I'm also interested in framework-res.apk with icons and battery indicator like in smooth-sense-1.0-1.0c_white_text, from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=733682 thread.

Thanks for any help on this.

MichelN

Sep 17, 2010
HTC never mentioned any new update for this, i can't find this build either on their site.

but this one is official though. :cool:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Might've been pulled before release, who knows...

Can confirm it comes with Flash 10.1.92.10 so that's been updated since 2.10.405.2 (was checking earlier on as just had to reflash to stock)

kimozabe

Nov 1, 2010
I have problems flashing this RUU.

When running the RUU.exe in Windows it gives me a "too many links" error. (Phone is in fastboot while i do this cause USB is bricked)
And i have also tried to run it as PB99IMG.zip in bootloader, it finds the file, loads it (Vertical progress bar) but then nothing happens after it says "checking pb99img.zip) and i can still move arround in bootloader.
Anyone familiar with this?

I have x.405.x rom.

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I have problems flashing this RUU.

When running the RUU.exe in Windows it gives me a "too many links" error. (Phone is in fastboot while i do this cause USB is bricked)
And i have also tried to run it as PB99IMG.zip in bootloader, it finds the file, loads it (Vertical progress bar) but then nothing happens after it says "checking pb99img.zip) and i can still move arround in bootloader.
Anyone familiar with this?

I have x.405.x rom.

Happened to me before. "Too Many Links" error when the Android Phone in Device Manager when at bootloader is showing Android Bootloader Interface instead of My HTC.
Make sure HTC sync is installed and the correct driver is picked when in bootloader.

kimozabe

Nov 1, 2010
Happened to me before. "Too Many Links" error when the Android Phone in Device Manager when at bootloader is showing Android Bootloader Interface instead of My HTC.
Make sure HTC sync is installed and the correct driver is picked when in bootloader.

Ok thanks i will try that as soon i get home from work.
But isnt it still odd that i couldnt flash the PB99IMG.zip in bootloader?

kimozabe

Nov 1, 2010

I checked the driver and its "My HTC", it will just not run the update, neither can i run it from the bootloader.
Is it possible to flash a RUU.zip with fastboot command?
Will a RUU restore the misc partition?

kimozabe

Nov 1, 2010
I checked the driver and its "My HTC", it will just not run the update, neither can i run it from the bootloader.
Is it possible to flash a RUU.zip with fastboot command?
Will a RUU restore the misc partition?

i ran "fastboot flash zip [ruu.zip]"

ended up with a remote signature fail

What have caused this and how to go arround it?

kimozabe

Nov 1, 2010
No it won't...

I'd follow this guide but replace the PB99IMG file in it with this new one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=768256

It should sort things out for you

Guide involves USB in Windows, My desire got the famous usb brick and ive tried most methods to fix it without success, my hopes was that a RUU would bring me back to out of the box state with a fixed USB.
USB got bricked when using unrevoked 3.2 on a 2.2 OTA.

nenadr

Feb 17, 2008
Belgrade
de-odexing this ROM

Hello !

Can anyone point me to some explanation how to de-odex, at least, all files from /system/framework of this 2.29 ROM ?

I would like to use some MODs that require de-odexed framework files, but I'm unable to find good info on steps I need to do, in order to de-odex and put back on the phone, everything in /system/framework.

Thanks for any info on this.

BR,
Nenad

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello !

Can anyone point me to some explanation how to de-odex, at least, all files from /system/framework of this 2.29 ROM ?

I would like to use some MODs that require de-odexed framework files, but I'm unable to find good info on steps I need to do, in order to de-odex and put back on the phone, everything in /system/framework.

Thanks for any info on this.

BR,
Nenad

I use this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Is very simple and work good.

nenadr

Feb 17, 2008
Belgrade
de-odexing of 2.29 ROM

Thanks, I'll take a shot with a dsixda's kitchen.

Just two more questions:

1. is it enough to de-odex just files in /system/resource or should I de-odex everything that has .odex with a same name as .apk or .jar (because of the .apk signatures (as far as I have figured out .jar files don't have signatures) ?

2. do I need to make a custom rom update and flash it on phone, or it is enough to go to recovery, delete .odex files and replace deodexed .apk and .jar files created by kitchen in original folders, and wipe a Dalvik-cache ?

Many thanks for answers regarding this questions.

BR,
Nenad

mayurh

Jul 8, 2010
Johannesburg
Hi everyone

looks like people are starting to get this 2.29 ota update
please can someone post the ota update.zip file?
i want to update but not the full rom
just the update?

Top Liked Posts