[RUU_Incredible_C_Froyo_VERIZON_WWE_3.21.605.1_Radi o_2.15.00.07.28]

Search This thread

Phaded

Apr 6, 2010
Anyone use this yet? Also do you need root to flash this?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

deficitism

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2007
Anyone use this yet? Also do you need root to flash this?

You will need bone stock 2.1, or if you have s-off, you can extract the firmware, and flash it via hboot.

Make sure you have unrevoked forever before you flash any official firmware.

giantcrazy

Sep 29, 2007
The tech blogs did update their rumors yesterday to say the OTA was going to drop 9/1, so the timing would be about right.

I'm glad to see the radio version is the same as the last one leaked, so I don't have to flash that again :D:D

deficitism

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2007
rom contents:
rMq9M.png

Deyez

Jul 22, 2010
Ooo very nice. Anyone tried this yet?

Would anyone be so kind to put out some quick notes how to apply this update? Like is there a certain order those need to be flashed, or will it work like an installer and do it's on thing?

Ya, I'm a very new to this community. ;)

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Looks like the 2.15 radio a lot of us installed is the radio they are rolling with, then? Seems same exact radio.

Not that I would, but since s-off, a person can just install this via h-boot or rom manager from sd if they wanted?

I think I will wait for one of the rom chefs to bake a flavor of it. It may be the same release we already have, but with extra "cool" stuff like locking tethering down, more bloatware and root-hole fills.....

Not messing with this one, since do not want VZW's "cool" stuff ;)

added:

If this can be installed without root as well, it could be the real deal.

Last edited:

Phaded

Apr 6, 2010
I'm a retarded noob... After
root, how do I flash this? From recovery? Or some other way? I don't know much about RUU...

Phaded

Apr 6, 2010
And last dumb question...

After root and S-Off, if I flash this, do I lose root or my custom recovery? Thank you.

The_Law2

Jun 29, 2010

PLEASE put this in the OP so everyone doesn't go all flash happy and then whines when they lose root.

Shadowmite

Aug 22, 2005
www.shadowmite.com

PLEASE put this in the OP so everyone doesn't go all flash happy and then whines when they lose root.

well, a master root was released last night by the exploid guy that targets ALL android devices to date... IE, it hits google code. But still, s-off to be safe. That's why we made it possible.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
If this rom can be installed without rooting, I could see non-rooters wanting to, but why would anyone that has gone to the trouble of rooting want to go to a locked-down, tether constrained, bloatware version?